Worst SNL cast member of all time.

13,194 Views | 139 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by LHIOB
'03ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
The usual suspects have already been covered (Jones, Quinn, etc)

Mine is Vanessa Bayer. I don't think I've laughed at any of her skits.
her Miley Cyrus impression I nails, and I always laugh at her Bar Mitvah boy speeches.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Looks like Killam and Pharoah got fired.

Missed the earlier post
TXAG 05
AG
Rudinsky (sp?) got canned too.
Professor Frick
AG
That sucks, I thought he was great in....well, there was that one sketch where he....hmmm, well, best of luck to him.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:

Missed the earlier post
That's insane, I wonder why? Taran is usually pretty good, and Pharoah is usually great.
oragator
Jay Mohr.
Melanie Hutsell
Ellen Cleghorn

And for the love of all that's holy, was Billy Crystal ever funnny outside of maybe one recurring sketch?
The Milkman
AG
Jay Mohr and Jim Breuer were both really bad
Counterpoint
AG
quote:
quote:

Missed the earlier post
That's insane, I wonder why? Taran is usually pretty good, and Pharoah is usually great.
This HAD to be about money, right? Those two were awesome! They would be at/near the bottom of my list of fireable cast members.
et98
AG
That doesn't make sense about Taran Killam. He has easily been the best male performer on the show by a wide margin. He's not the best impressionist, but his versatility is probably in the top tier of all males in SNL history. He's an excellent performer and has great comic timing. I'm really surprised they wanted to get rid of him.

Jay Pharoh, on the other hand, has very little versatility, but his impressions are fantastic. I think the problem is that he never really lived up to his potential. He's done a great job at what he does, but I imagine Lorne Michaels was expecting much more from him.

As with any job, there is so much that happens behind the scenes that the customer never sees that factor into whether an employee keeps his job or not. Perhaps Killam is a total d-bag and a nightmare to work with. Perhaps he's been insubordinate or skipped rehearsals or said horrible things about Lorne Michael's wife during a drunken rant at an after party. There's no telling why he got canned, but I can't imagine he was fired because of poor performance in front of the camera.

They should have been Pete Davidson. He easily belongs on the "Worst SNL actors" list.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pete Davidson is hilarious, but maybe not a great fit for SNL.

As an overall comedian, I think he's the funniest of the current male cast. Anybody that can joke about 9/11 and make you laugh about it even though his own father died, is a funny guy in my book.
Professor Frick
AG
I read some speculation that Killam was let go due to his increasingly conflicting movie schedule. I guess instead of him inevitably quitting, they just didn't renew his contract.
LHIOB
AG
quote:

As an overall comedian, I think he's the funniest of the current male cast. Anybody that can joke about 9/11 and make you laugh about it even though his own father died, is a funny guy in my book.

I think thats a crutch. My dad died from cancer and I can make cancer jokes. Doesnt make me a good comedian.
Joan Wilder
AG
The problem I see is that they got rid of some good ensemble members. You need people to play the straight man or the dad. You can't just have people who do a bit if you want to do ensemble sketch comedy. What made sketches like Matt Foley or chippendales work was Hartman or Nealon playing the scene serious. Aidy Bryant and Kate McKinnon are good at that as well as their weird characters.

Andy Samberg was a digital short talent but he could contribute in live sketches - these new guys like Davidson or the weird guy that can barely read the cue cards can't. Jost is a terrible update host, so they don't have that to anchor the episodes.

They need to decide what they want to be - if it's a live sketch show then pull from UCB and the groundlings. If they want to compete with the taped sketches they need to commit to it.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Loved McDonald's Weekend Update.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can make **** jokes, doesn't make me Louis CK either.

Wouldn't call it a crutch anymore than I'd call crude **** jokes a crutch for CK, or race jokes for Chris Rock. It's just their thing.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
quote:
quote:

I think thats a crutch. My dad died from cancer and I can make cancer jokes. Doesnt make me a good comedian.

You may make cancer jokes, but that doesn't mean you will be funny. He is a professional comedian, I would say he has done a pretty good job.
pilgrim82
AG
As soon as I saw the title to this thread, Horation Sanz came to mind...noteworthy for nothing else but cracking up during his bits.
Joan Wilder
AG
Pete Davidson was on a recent episode of "How did this get made" and his best joke was "wow this movie sucked". I think he may have been super high, but he had nothing to say. He wasted a great opportunity to show people he could be funny on his feet. He had nothing to contribute beyond "this was dumb".
Professor Frick
AG
He was real quiet throughout, he was definitely super high and I get the feeling he's a little shy in the first place. On that show (especially live ones) you've got to be extra-extroverted to get a word in over Zouks. I do remember him getting some good bits in there toward the middle. I got the sense he was a genuinely funny guy, just not very outgoing
Thomas Sowell, PhD
AG
Adam Sandler
Zeke1995
AG
Maya Rudolph
Professor Frick
AG
Maya the worst? Hell, I know it's not saying much, but she was just about on of the best things that happened this season:

FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:
Maya Rudolph

LOLWut

And Pete Davidson Is not even remotely funny

And Vanessa Bayer is great
Red Dane
Seth Meyer. There certainly have been some worse talents or fits, but they were usually gone fairly quickly before doing much damage. He hung around for a long time and just permeated the show with snark and self admiration and diminished the product to an unwatchable level for me.
VanZandt92
quote:
Adam Sandler
Believe it or not, Sandler was pretty funny and a little cutting edge at the time. Not the most intelligent humor, but man he was funny.
FtBendTxAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Adam Sandler
Believe it or not, Sandler was pretty funny and a little cutting edge at the time. Not the most intelligent humor, but man he was funny.

Opera Man! Is one of the most memorable characters of my generation.
Jason_Ag98
AG
If we're leaving out the people who were clearly a bad fit and only lasted one season then it's Chris Kattan for me and it's not even close. I just found him incredibly annoying and thought his recurring characters were awful.
schmendeler
AG
Mango was hilarious.

So was Mr peepers.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
If we're leaving out the people who were clearly a bad fit and only lasted one season then it's Chris Kattan for me and it's not even close. I just found him incredibly annoying and thought his recurring characters were awful.

His Kerri Strug bit was an all time great.
schmendeler
AG
quote:
quote:

His Kerri Strug but was an all time great.

He was Kippy Strug.
AliasMan02
AG
Who was there on WU with Kerri. That's what I meant.
Sex Panther
AG
I'm blown away that someone actually said Bill Hader and specifically Stefon... He's an all time great and Stefon is a legendary character.

I'm shocked about Killiam... I thought he was the main guy at this point?

TCTTS has a pretty good story about him. He used to live next door to Cobie Smulders (his wife) when they were dating and not famous yet, and Taran would always be doing loud impressions. TC said he was nice, but annoying as hell.
FtBendTxAg
AG
I thought he was the main guy too, but his role seemed a little reduced lately, and like somebody hypothesized, it's almost certainly about his movie life, right??

And Jay was great too. Both perplex me, unless they were mutual things.
Jason_Ag98
AG
quote:
Mango was hilarious.

So was Mr peepers.
Could not disagree more strongly.

I will admit his Kerri Strug was good - I had forgotten about that.
Professor Frick
AG
I remember the story as, Tc lives next to Taran Killam, who was nobody yet, and TC's buddy from out of town wanted nothing more than to somehow see Smulders while he was in LA. Then all of a sudden, Tc and friend are coming home and see her hanging on the front porch with Killam, who was dating her.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.