Star Wars Rebels - Season Three

37,575 Views | 409 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
Flashdiaz
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

I'm wondering what end game is for this show. So far it's been about gathering resources for the rebellion, and a little bit about Ezra's growth. Are there any planned tie ins to Rogue One? Do we get Vader vs Maul? The hatred Anakin had for Maul was probably equal or greater to Maul's hatred for Kenobi. That would be a great episode, imo.
i'm beginning to think Ezra will sacrifice himself to end Maul to protect Kenobi.
txagman1998
AG
Hopefully this time around Kenobi will cut Maul in half lengthwise.
hunter2012
AG
Flashdiaz said:

redline248 said:

I'm wondering what end game is for this show. So far it's been about gathering resources for the rebellion, and a little bit about Ezra's growth. Are there any planned tie ins to Rogue One? Do we get Vader vs Maul? The hatred Anakin had for Maul was probably equal or greater to Maul's hatred for Kenobi. That would be a great episode, imo.
i'm beginning to think Ezra will sacrifice himself to end Maul to protect Kenobi.

I still want him to fall to the dark side and b the antagonist in the episode 8.
joemeister
AG
The first thing is, they all have to die. Especially Ezra and Kainen. I'm guessing the final episode of the series will be something where all the various rebel cells come together before the events that lead up to Rogue One. Disney could then commission a book or comic wherein each character meets their end in a heroic death. They could always leave one of the non-force users alive to be the one who tells the story.
SeattleAgJr
This week's fight/flight scene was pretty damn awesome!
hunter2012
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

PThis week's fight/flight scene was pretty damn awesome!

Agreed, that was some of the best action I've seen so far. They do right by Mandalore...
redline248
AG
It's so funny how incompetent the imperial commanders are. I hope they get into some more meaningful plot, soon.
jabberwalkie09
AG
It feels like they've been towing along for the last couple of episodes until we get close to R1... This last episode just felt so out of place. The Sabine episode with the Mandalorians I was fine with, and actually enjoyed. This last one, not so much.
JCRiley09
AG
I don't know as much about the ships as you folks, but wasn't the iron squadron's ship really similar to the falcon?
Ag Since 83
AG
I think it was the same class of ship as Dash Rendar's Outrider
jabberwalkie09
AG
...... Dude...... DUDE.

This was a YT-2400. It's what the Outrider was in Shadows of the Empire. The Millennium Falcon is a YT-1300. They're both Corellian in origin.
JCRiley09
AG
If you say so
JCRiley09
AG
They called it a hunk of junk and the hyperdrive didn't work. Must be a trend with that class of ship.
redline248
AG
Apparently one was in A New Hope
Ag Since 83
AG
Special editions
SeattleAgJr
Last two weeks episode shave been great.

They are nailing these standalone stories.

I just wish there was more story building across the entire season.
TXAG 05
AG
Agreed. The episodes have been great but the story hasn't really advanced
AgMarauder04
AG
This is the problem with a lot of these seasons. It's not content, but it takes way less episodes to complete the arc than episodes in the season.

These last two also did help build the rebels and was important to show Ezra Hondo's duplicity.
TXAG 05
AG
Also saw some parallels with Anakin with his overconfidence in his powers and how he wasn't being trusted to run the mission due to his friendship with Hondo. I could see him becoming more and more frustrated and turning to hate.
AggieChemist
AG
YT-1300 in the foreground, YT-2400 in the background.

I have a few extras from my X-wing fleet here in my office.

redline248
AG
Really don't like Hondo episodes, but whatever.
AggieChemist
AG
redline248 said:

Hondo is a great character. My favorite scum.
redline248
AG
It's the same thing every time. "I've got a great deal for you! You might die, I won't tell you all the info, and I'll try to double cross you at some point...but just think if you do manage to survive!"
Flashdiaz
AG
AggieChemist
AG
redline248 said:

It's the same thing every time. "I've got a great deal for you! You might die, I won't tell you all the info, and I'll try to double cross you at some point...but just think if you do manage to survive!"
Yes, but when you say it in his pseudo-Russian accent, it's hilarious.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AggieChemist said:

redline248 said:

Hondo is a great character. My favorite scum.
In a way, Hondo is what I've always envisioned a smuggler/pirate as in the Star Wars galaxy. In it for himself, and no love of the Empire but no allegiance. What I imagined Han Solo to be before he met Luke, Kenobi, and Leia.

Yeah, this episode didn't do much for me. I really don't think it helped in the way of character development either. Next week though, Thrawn returns so there's some hope. Still waiting for Kallus to show up again this season, and given the title of next week's episode I think there's a pretty good chance he will.
hunter2012
AG
"We have one thing to our advantage that the empire doesn't have... Desperation."

Hondo sure cracks me up. At this point I'm pretty sure I would read a Hondo book if they wrote one. Maybe the story of his downfall from pirate king to common crook.
SeattleAgJr
That.
Was.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Great episode. And Thrawn definitely knows. Oh he definitely does.
Ag Since 83
AG
Pretty good episode.

And they said "ay-tee ay-tee"
AliasMan02
AG
One of the better episodes for sure. Loved it.

Also, there is something really cool about seeing the iconic white-armored stormtroopers wielding lightsabers.

Also, TIE FRICKING DEFENDERS!
AggieChemist
AG
AliasMan02 said:

One of the better episodes for sure. Loved it.

Also, there is something really cool about seeing the iconic white-armored stormtroopers wielding lightsabers.

Also, TIE FRICKING DEFENDERS!
I was just coming here to ask that. I thought it was Defenders. I couldn't see the third wing in the schematic, but it has to be defenders if they have shields... the interceptors don't have shields.
Duncan Idaho
Luke should have just run around Hoth cutting the legs off of the @@ in empire.
AliasMan02
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

Luke should have just run around Hoth cutting the legs off of the @@ in empire.

Just did that to the AT-DP, right?
jabberwalkie09
AG
And the truth being sought by Ezra and Maul is revealed!

"Of course! It ends, where it began." Looks like it'll be a race to find Kenobi between Maul vs Ezra and Kanan.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.