Star Wars Rebels - Season Three

37,427 Views | 409 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by jabberwalkie09
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
True, but the Empire is not always forgiving. I've wondered if Tarkin's (and Vader's interest) in the Rebellion is now increased or if the events surrounding Rogue One really bring about their interest in dealing with the Rebellion. Vader has obviously had loose involvement with the Rebels, but I think it has had more to do with Kanan / Ezra and Jedi / Sith artifacts.

On to Season 4, it seems like they have a lot of places to go (Lothal, Mandalore, Yavin, Mustafar (?), Jedha (?), & I'm sure plenty of others.
AgMarauder04
AG
Spoiler Image contained

I'm looking forward to this arc.

They can't have more than one or two more seasons, unless they will continue to write stories DURING the original trilogy.
CAR96
AG
There were/have been a whole bunch of episodes on tv yesterday (Sunday) and on into earlier Monday morning. I set the DVR, looked over some of these and there seems to be no original air date; most all of them have a current date..so I am not sure what season these are from?

I have never watched or kept up with Star Wars Rebels only the major movies but have recently become aware that the movies are pulling some story lines/characters from Rebels...so I wanted to watch.

Can episodes from Seasons 1, 2, or 3 be watched or rented somewhere?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I don't know if you can watch them all on Disney XD's website, but you can purchase the seasons on Amazon Instant Video. Something to keep in mind is that Rebels is very much the spiritual successor to the 2008 The Clone Wars series that's on Netflix, and as such there's some characters and events mentioned from that period that come up in Rebels. It's not really necessarily required for viewing Rebels though.
The Collective
AG
I feel like you can miss Season 1 and still get what is happening on Rebels. I think I've only seen a few episodes from it. If you have Disney XD on Demand, they may still have much of Season 2 up there. Season 2 is solid, especially the back half. Season 3 was good all-around, very enjoyable.

There are two characters in Rebels that will be difficult to follow without seeing Clone Wars... in fact, one will draw a big WTF when he appears, and the other you probably won't care about as much as you should.
Hulla Baller
AG
The finale was awesome. Sucks that we have to wait until the fall for more Rebels though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Hulla Baller said:

The finale was awesome. Sucks that we have to wait until the fall for more Rebels though.
Don't forget that Celebration is just around the corner, so we're bound to get some news. Maybe even possibly a trailer or teaser for next season.
The Collective
AG
I'd like to see that bombardment scene (or a similar one) in a live-action film on the big screen.
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

I'd like to see that bombardment scene (or a similar one) in a live-action film on the big screen.
the green lasers coming from the clouds was pretty cool...
TXAG 05
AG
CJS4715 said:

There are two characters in Rebels that will be difficult to follow without seeing Clone Wars... in fact, one will draw a big WTF when he appears, and the other you probably won't care about as much as you should.

Who are you talking about? I guess Rex is one of them?
Flashdiaz
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

CJS4715 said:

Who are you talking about? I guess Rex is one of them?
probably Maul... if you've never seen Clone Wars you'd have no idea how or why Maul is still alive despite being cut in half and falling down a pit.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yeah, probably Maul and Ahsoka. To a lesser extent, Kanan's initial prejudice against Rex and the other clones as well.
AgMarauder04
AG
CJS4715 said:

I feel like you can miss Season 1 and still get what is happening on Rebels. I think I've only seen a few episodes from it. If you have Disney XD on Demand, they may still have much of Season 2 up there. Season 2 is solid, especially the back half. Season 3 was good all-around, very enjoyable.

You need the finale of Season 1.
Farmer1906
AG
I am starting to catch up and the loved the ending to Maul. Showed how badass Obi-Wan still is.
jabberwalkie09
AG
aggie1906 said:

I am starting to catch up and the loved the ending to Maul. Showed how badass Obi-Wan still is.
It really reminded me of samurai fights where a fight is decided in the first strike. Plus, I like how after it the scene between Maul and Kenobi allowed some characterization.
Farmer1906
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

aggie1906 said:

It really reminded me of samurai fights where a fight is decided in the first strike. Plus, I like how after it the scene between Maul and Kenobi allowed some characterization.
Yup. I was expecting some epic battle, but it just seemed to fit with both characters. I will say Rebels handled Maul much better than Clone Wars.
The Collective
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

You need the finale of Season 1.

Good point.

On the ? related to characters from CW - definitely Maul and Ahsoka is who I am referring to there. Rex, I suppose, is also a consideration. I feel like S2 with Ahsoka is more meaningful if you are familiar with her story - especially her final story arc in clone wars.
AliasMan02
AG
Just caught up. Thought it was a good finale, though the space battle wasn't as epic as I thought it might be. TV budgets and all, I know...

I can tell you what the whole deal with Bendu becoming the storm was. That was Mr. Filoni canonizing another bit of EU with a Force Storm.
redline248
AG
Dude has way too much power in that sort of thing

As to the space battle, here's what bothers me about stuff like that: The planet has 360 degrees of ways to leave it, yet all the Star Destroyers enter from the same place, and all the rebel ships try to leave in that same place.
lunchbox
redline248 said:

As to the space battle, here's what bothers me about stuff like that: The planet has 360 degrees of ways to leave it, yet all the Star Destroyers enter from the same place, and all the rebel ships try to leave in that same place.

I had the same thought...irked me.
Dro07
AG
That's because the hyperspace navigation buoys are on that side of the planet
Hulla Baller
AG
I guess one argument you could say is that the interdictor cruisers were blocking them from going into hyperspace so they had to get rid of them somehow. I would think that if they tried to leave from the other side of the planet the Empire would have just intercepted them and stopped them from jumping into hyperspace again.
Flashdiaz
AG
Hulla Baller said:

I guess one argument you could say is that the interdictor cruisers were blocking them from going into hyperspace so they had to get rid of them somehow. I would think that if they tried to leave from the other side of the planet the Empire would have just intercepted them and stopped them from jumping into hyperspace again.
the rebel ships could have split up too.
Mr. White
redline248 said:

This is what I've always questioned about SW since childhood.
benMath08
AG
Star Wars has never attempted to portray space flight in a realistic manner, it's just something we have to accept.

Do you think it's a good idea for the command staff of every capital ship to not only be located along the edge of the hull, but for there literally to be only panes of glass between them and the void of space?
jabberwalkie09
AG
benMath08 said:

Star Wars has never attempted to portray space flight in a realistic manner, it's just something we have to accept.

Do you think it's a good idea for the command staff of every capital ship to not only be located along the edge of the hull, but for there literally to be only panes of glass between them and the void of space?

Pretty much where I stand on it. Since space flight is more like atmospheric flight, I have little expectation for realistic portrayal of actual tactics. I mean, realistically they wouldn't have been fighting the Star Destroyers on the same plane and would have tried to approach from an angle where the number of guns they faced would have been less. Like approaching from either the top of bottom, not head on.

Like most things in Star Wars, I've learned that you just don't think too deep tactically and enjoy the story and visuals.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.