Scenes in movies that disturbed you

48,352 Views | 310 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
Max Power
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Father of the Bride, now that I have a daughter I dread the day she asks me for a ridiculous sum of money to have guy take her away from me. All the scenes with Martin Short trying to pry every last free cent from Steve Martin's pockets. A truly upsetting film now that I watch it.
spence10
AG
The air conditioner freak out scene in A Brave Little Toaster.
maca1028
quote:
The Exorcist, when Regan crabwalks on the stairs. I didn't remember that scene being in the original movie when I saw it in 1973 at the theater. I saw the movie some 30 years later on cable and felt like I was seeing that scene for the for first time and was very creeped out. My oldest daughter was watching it with me, and expressed the same "creeped out" sentiment.

When I saw the OP the only thing I could think of was The Exorcist. I hold every horror/suspense film in comparison to that movie and in the 43 years since it released nothing has come even remotely close IMHO.
AgPediRPh
AG
Pinocchio: as a kid, the scene where the boys turned into donkeys freaked me out.
astros4545
AG
quote:
quote:
ANY rape scene in a movie bothers me. A lot.

The General's Daughter
The Last House on the Left
hph6203
AG
Drunk Dumbo scene.

I'm going for more strange ones.
Ernest Tucker
AG
when they realized the baby died of neglect in Trainspotting

Garrelli 5000
AG
quote:
Jill, we've traced the call, it's coming from inside the house! Get out as quickly as possible!"

Slept on the floor of my parents room when I was 13 and watched "When a Stranger Calls".

I grew up above a funeral home but ghosts/demons/monsters never scared me at all. Crazy people - that scared me. The FH had 2 different phone lines that could be accessed from 10 different phones throughout the upstairs house and the large downstairs FH.
Jim01
AG
Under the Skin, starring Scarlett Johansson has a few disturbing scenes but one in particular with a crying baby on the beach is one of the most disturbing scenes I've ever watched. It is just really simple but hard to watch.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
The scene in Hannibal when Lecter feeds Paul his own brain at dinner. Gore/Horror movie type stuff doesn't bother me, but for some reason, that scene did.

This is the one that came to mind for me. I saw it in the theater and had to walk out. Went back in to finish the movie, but almost tossed my cookies because of this scene.

Also, the entire movie The Audition made me feel like a terrible human being for watching
The Collective
AG
I had a difficult time watching most of Lone Survivor.
Frederick Palowaski
AG
When they killed the puppy in John Wick
GrayMatter
AG
the whole premise of the movie 8mm is disturbing
LittleBallofLove
Shireen being burned alive.
Stive
AG
The ones that jacked with me when I was a kid had to do with things that made me gag.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - the dinner scene, and then later when the priest drank blood from a bowl/cup.

One of the Chuck Norris Missing in Action movies - They put a rat in a bag and then put the bag over the prisoners head. Norris has to eat/bite the rat to live.

Already mentioned but Star Trek Wrath of Khan when they put the bug things in the ears wigged me out as well.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Pinocchio: as a kid, the scene where the boys turned into donkeys freaked me out.
Oh, same here.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
quote:
Saving Private Ryan slow whisper stab scene.

I don't like the movie because of that scene. The only time where a single scene has totally killed a movie for me.

This. Completely ruined it for me and I won't watch it now.

The Goebbels children scene in Downfall, but don't forget when they literally force the sleeping medicine down their oldest daughter's mouth.

We Were Soldiers- when Gaughan gets killed. Nothing about the scene itself was disturbing, just the emotions.

Raiders of the Lost Ark- snake scene. Gotta fast forward that one every time.
gigemags-99
AG
quote:
The ones that jacked with me when I was a kid had to do with things that made me gag.

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - the dinner scene, and then later when the priest drank blood from a bowl/cup.

One of the Chuck Norris Missing in Action movies - They put a rat in a bag and then put the bag over the prisoners head. Norris has to eat/bite the rat to live.

Already mentioned but Star Trek Wrath of Khan when they put the bug things in the ears wigged me out as well.

The "throw up" scene in Stand By Me
VanZandt92
quote:
Event horizon. The video footage where everyone has gone crazy and there are body pieces floating in the air.
I saw this movie the other day on Netflix. This movie was such a disappointment. I needed a good scifi fix, but it just left me baffled by how bad it was. The dialogue, the characters, the climax. The only thing i thought worthwhile were the ships and the spacesuits

Pretty amazing how there can be 10 superhero movies per year but scifi movies are few and far between, despite how many fans there are.
PooDoo
AG
When the dude shaves off his nipples in The Wall and...

The nude wrestling in Borat.
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
This guy from The Crate - Creepshow freaked me the F out when I first saw it when I was ~11 or so. Ugh, I avoided any kind of large crates or places under stairs for a good long while!

Ghost91
I'm not even sure what the movie was, but this was in the trailer - showed some nice old grandma, and then a few scenes later her head was turned around backwards and she was skittering up the walls and across the ceiling like a spider.

Grandmas aren't supposed to be able to move that fast and be all scary/skittery.
BigAggieCane
AG
A Serbian Film. Every aspect of that movie is ****ed up. Surprised not mentioned yet and kind of glad not many have watched it.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
quote:
This guy from The Crate - Creepshow freaked me the F out when I first saw it when I was ~11 or so. Ugh, I avoided any kind of large crates or places under stairs for a good long while!

Holy hell, that made me flash back to another one of mine that kept me up at night for a couple of weeks when I was a kid (about 11 or so as well!!)

From Tales From the Darkside. The episode was called "Halloween Candy" and this mother****er haunted my dreams!!

Ghost91
In the early 70's, there was a movie called "Sssss". In addition to a ton of snake scenes, at the end the lead good guy starts turning into a snake. I'm sure the special effects would look corny as hell today, but at the time it scared the sh*t out of 5-year old me. Not to mention that it was disturbing that the good guy lost.
RogueAg
AG
Numerous scenes from Arachnophobia.
oh no
AG
Kim Mulkey always freaked me out on that HBO Show: Tales from the Crypt.

Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
In the early 70's, there was a movie called "Sssss". In addition to a ton of snake scenes, at the end the lead good guy starts turning into a snake. I'm sure the special effects would look corny as hell today, but at the time it scared the sh*t out of 5-year old me. Not to mention that it was disturbing that the good guy lost.

Objective Aggie
AG
Trailer

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is a longshot, but does anyone remember a movie that involved kids playing hide and seek, and one of the kids hides in a water drain of some sort and gets trapped and drowns?

I remember seeing that on TV as a kid and it scaring the hell out of me. Made me afraid of the water drains at the bottom of pools.
HeadGames
AG
One scene that bugged me was from 28 weeks later. When the group is staying at Cillian Murphy's house and the infected drops in from the skylight. They kill it but the one dude has a big gash on his arm and that chick goes to town with the machete on him. The whole time he begs her to stop because he's not infected.
Ghost91
quote:
quote:

Dude, you sssssuck for posting that.
Ernest Tucker
AG
quote:
I'm not even sure what the movie was, but this was in the trailer - showed some nice old grandma, and then a few scenes later her head was turned around backwards and she was skittering up the walls and across the ceiling like a spider.

Grandmas aren't supposed to be able to move that fast and be all scary/skittery.
Legion.

chipotle
I can't believe this freaked me out as a kid:

Jugstore Cowboy
AG
quote:
A Serbian Film. Every aspect of that movie is ****ed up. Surprised not mentioned yet and kind of glad not many have watched it.

I had to watch it. Once.

Shock trash thinly disguised as political commentary.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.