Scenes in movies that disturbed you

48,564 Views | 310 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
AggieChemE09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Exorcist: The Beginning

the hyena scene scared the crap out of me
Citizen Reign
Misery

you know the scene.
oh no
AG
The Omen... I still get a little freaked out by any little boy that looks remotely like Damien.

...and the nanny hanging herself stuck with me for a long time when i was a kid.
frog_killer
AG
Always hits me hard when Bruce Willis throws Ben Afleck back into the spaceship and goes off to blow up the asteroid alone.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I've never seen Bone Tomahawk but looked up that scene in the cave. it makes Misery look like a Pixar movie.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
freakin flying monkeys....of course i was like 5 when i saw it the first time
nai06
AG
As a kid the wheelers from return to oz always creeped me out

baumenhammer
AG
the Willow pig scene messed with me as a kid
petey88

Near Dark

Vampire flick w/ Bill Paxson, some pretty good scenes. In one, he overpowers a redneck in a bar, bites, looks up with blood all dripping out of his mouth, and says, "I hate it when they ain't been shaved".

The vampire gang did a number on the people in the bar.
annie88
AG
quote:
I've never seen Bone Tomahawk but looked up that scene in the cave. it makes Misery look like a Pixar movie.
Right? It was really sick.
TXRed75
AG
quote:
quote:
I looked up that scene this morning. Its haunted me all day.
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
It bothered me for a few days myself. Still think of it from time to time, saw movie about 2 months ago. [/shudder]
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Near Dark

Vampire flick w/ Bill Paxson, some pretty good scenes. In one, he overpowers a redneck in a bar, bites, looks up with blood all dripping out of his mouth, and says, "I hate it when they ain't been shaved".

Near Dark is such an underrated movie
tamuags08
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yea...I regret looking that up.
petey88
quote:
quote:

Near Dark

Near Dark is such an underrated movie
Released '87, never gained a true audience. Of course, that was before John Carpenter's "Vampires", and I didn't get into "An Interview With A Vampire".

What was funny, was this vampire group twas in a RV around Texas and Oklahoma recruiting victims. That kid cowboy, Adrian Pasdar, got bit and turned...his Dad & little sister went looking for him.

The scene of his Dad in the telephone booth, saying, "No, I'm in Waco, Texas, I'm heading the wrong way".

classic
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
when they realized the baby died of neglect in Trainspotting

Just watched the movie for the first time. That was an unsettling part for sure.
HvilleAggie
AG
Event Horizon messed me up as a kid. The concept of hell in space was awful enough, but the ending where Sam Neil's scarred character is still with the female protagonist after her rescue was the shock that stuck with me.

Saving Private Ryan coward scene is super uncomfortable, I think mainly because I can't help but wonder if I would do the same thing if put in a similar situation.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre (w/ Jessica Biel) was pretty tough to watch. The worst part being when Leatherface stands up in the glow of headlights wearing her boyfriend's face. The scene where she tries to lift the blonde guy off of the meat hooks was sickening too.

The Ring also disturbed me pretty bad, I couldn't get past the inevitability of that girl showing up to kill you. Creepy stuff all around in that flick.

And this is weird, but I cannot stand Meet The Parents. The poor guy having absolutely everything go wrong for him isn't comedy, it's torture.
Serious Lee
wish you people that looked up the "bone tomahawk" scene would ahve watched the film.

Its so much more disturbing when the slow burn of the movie just ramps up and hits you like a freight train.
bagger05
AG
I don't think you're weird re: Meet the Parents. I basically can't stand to watch it.
ellebee
I dressed up as samara from the ring for Halloween right after that movie came out. Scared the crap out of my coworkers. Went to a party that night and there was a hallway that went to the bathroom that had a strobe light in it. When a friend came out of the bathroom I started crawling and the strobe light made me look jerky like she was in the movie. My friend wouldn't walk past me and screamed all kinds of obscenities. It was great.
Corporal Punishment
AG
quote:
wish you people that looked up the "bone tomahawk" scene would ahve watched the film.

Its so much more disturbing when the slow burn of the movie just ramps up and hits you like a freight train.
Watched this last night on Amazon Prime. I had not scene any previews or scenes yet. Was scrolling thru movies and saw a Western with Kurt Russell so I fired it up.

Holy. Hell.

Awesome flick BTW.
The Collective
AG
quote:
The Ring also disturbed me pretty bad, I couldn't get past the inevitability of that girl showing up to kill you. Creepy stuff all around in that flick.

Man, that movie messed me up for awhile. I saw it at a later show, maybe started around midnight. Dropped my date (now wife) off at her apartment after the movie and went back to campus as I was living in a dorm. It had to be close to 2 am, but for whatever reason campus was empty when I walked from fish lot to the commons. Easily one of the most unsettling walks of my life.
CorpsAg11
AG
quote:
Misery

you know the scene.
Oh you mean this scene?

The Collective
AG
This scene has always made me feel odd.
Celee04
AG
The audio clips played from the people inside the twin towers on 9/11 at the beginning of zero dark thirty. Listening to those peoples REAL terror was worse than anything scripted could ever be.
Celee04
AG
quote:
Mulholland Drive. The whole movie.
After watching it in its entirety, I had no idea what the eff this movie was about or why there were tiny old people dancing around at the end... disturbing for sure, but was mainly pissed that I couldn't get that 2 hours of my life back.

quote:
The ending of The Boy on the Striped Pajamas.
I'll second this nom.
The Collective
AG
Billy Mahoney (kid wearing hoodie) in Flatliners haunted my dreams for years as well. I'm not sure why that impacted me so negatively, but it did.
bagger05
AG
The scene in Apt Pupil where the guy starts trying to get the cat into the oven. I turned it off pretty much right after that scene started. I believe someone told me that he ends up not getting the cat in the oven, but it was still a little too f##ked up for me.
BDG02
AG
The suicide attempt in royal tenenbaums with the "needle in the hay" backing soundtrack...got even more disturbing to me with how Elliott smith ended things...
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
The suicide attempt in royal tenenbaums with the "needle in the hay" backing soundtrack...got even more disturbing to me with how Elliott smith ended things...

Agree.
98Ag99Grad
AG
Didn't read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned the interrogation scene from Marathon Man? You'll never want to go to the dentist again after seeing that.
Sapper Redux
quote:
Didn't read the whole thread but has anyone mentioned the interrogation scene from Marathon Man? You'll never want to go to the dentist again after seeing that.

Haven't seen it.

Is it safe?
Post removed:
by user
ro828
Last night I watched a Samuel L Jackson movie called UNTHINKABLE. He interrogates a terror suspect who has planted atomic devices in at least three cities in the United States. Or was it four? Jackson's interrogation becomes more and more intense and as I watched it I got very caught up in the moral dilemma. Could you kill a woman and/or children in front of a terror suspect to get more information out him in time, knowing that the sacrifice of one to three people could save the lives of thousands? It's on Starz/Encore this month. Highly recommended.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I have another to add, this time from American Sniper - the Muslim animal who used a power drill on a boy's hand and head as a reprisal for his father talking to the Americans.

I thought you were going to say the stuffed baby

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.