Scenes in movies that disturbed you

48,612 Views | 310 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Chipotlemonger
Average Joe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Will Smith having to kill his dog in I Am Legend. Don't know why it bothers me so much but I won't watch that scene.

The end of The Mist.

I know these aren't gruesome or bad rape scenes, but they mess me up for a little while after watching them.
G Martin 87
AG
No one's mentioned The Hitcher yet. Rutger Hauer puts that truck in low gear and then... Poor Jennifer Jason Leigh.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
I have another to add, this time from American Sniper - the Muslim animal who used a power drill on a boy's hand and head as a reprisal for his father talking to the Americans.

I thought you were going to say the stuffed baby
I still can't believe that stuffed baby made it onto the screen.
PvL-Vorbeck07
AG
quote:
quote:
This guy from The Crate - Creepshow freaked me the F out when I first saw it when I was ~11 or so. Ugh, I avoided any kind of large crates or places under stairs for a good long while!

Screw you dude, I was just getting over this character!

Ha, sorry man. Something about how the monster tears a dude's face off and then devours him was pretty disturbing. Scariest thing of all was that poor janitor never got his jewels...
BassCowboy33
Definitely anything in Bone Tomahawk.

Definitely anything in The Exorcist

The movie trailer for The Human Centipede.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
After posting about Son of Saul, I then go to see Bone Tomahawk.

I'm a glutton for punishment apparently. . .

That cave scene though.

Guddamn.

I'll agree with posters, any rape scene in a movie. It doesn't sit well with me even though I know its just a movie and they're actors. It's just wrong. I stopped watching the last season of Spartacus because of a rape scene and didn't get back to it, and through it, for a few months.
LostAg
Beans over the Frank in "There's Something About Mary"
EDHEC Ag
AG
The whole denouement in the original Korean Oldboy.
Cancelled
AG
One more: In Bruges when he shoots the kid.
TexasAggie_02
AG
the cat in boondock saints....oh wait,that was hilarious. cats are stupid
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
That part in Mars Attacks when they laser beam the dog. Those Martians murdered like every single human in that movie and I couldn't care less but when they kill the dog it just makes me sick.
Post removed:
by user
Duncan Idaho
quote:
The whole denouement in the original Korean Oldboy.

Look at you and you $5 words
HvilleAggie
AG
and you DID?? the trailer alone is the strangest thing I've ever seen
Bruce Almighty
AG
quote:
seriously, noone has seen the holy mountain? it puts all the other movies in here to shame.

What's so disturbing about it? I watched some clips on YouTube and just thought it looked like a movie that Salvador Dali would have made if he was a movie director.
Post removed:
by user
Duncan Idaho
Btw, the ending of mist was the only good thing about that movie.
Sex Panther
AG
I watched Holy Mountain in college... I didn't think anything was disturbing. I just remember wishing the stupid crap would end. It's absolute garbage.
Post removed:
by user
Potcake
AG

Stive
AG
I know the first one. What's the second photo from?
chipotle
Slum dog millionaire
Stive
AG
quote:
Slum dog millionaire
That's right. Remembered seeing it, but couldn't place it.
Human
AG
Simon Birch
Average Joe
AG
Not a movie, but an episode of The X-Files. Y'all know the episode. The scene where they roll the mother out from under the bed. Not that bad now, but as a kid that was terrible.
Geriatric Punk
AG
1. "It's just me. It's just Casper." And the rest of that movie.

2 Baby scene in Serbian Film.
CoolAggie
AG
I watched the Exorcist when I was around 10, still scares the **** out of me today. Therefore, I couldn't bear to watch any of the sequels either.

The rape scenes in American Me also got to me because that's the first time I learned what happens inside prisons. If the message of that movie was to keep people out of prison, it worked for me. Damn.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
No one's mentioned The Hitcher yet. Rutger Hauer puts that truck in low gear and then... Poor Jennifer Jason Leigh.
I remember that one. Holy crap that was a bad one!
UnderoosAg
AG
quote:
1. "It's just me. It's just Casper." And the rest of that movie.

I have no legs. I have no legs. I have no legs.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
The Omen... I still get a little freaked out by any little boy that looks remotely like Damien.

...and the nanny hanging herself stuck with me for a long time when i was a kid.
The guy being decapitated by the pane of glass...and his head bounces along...did it for me.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
The night that I discovered The Thing From Another World happened only because of a freakish scene I caught while going through the channels. This was summer 1979, we still had a dial TV but there must have been cable with something like HBO. I stopped on something that had some creepy music. It was a dude stepping in to an elevator, which proceeded to fall down the shaft before the elevator cables ripped through the roof of the car and sliced the guy in half.

I was 12, I had recently had my dreams wrecked by seeing Alien, and this just caused an instantaneous I must get this off the TV reaction. The movie was the second Omen movie. I flipped the station again, and eventually found something with the words The Thing in the title. I thought at first I,was getting ready to watch Godzilla vs the Thing, but no, this was not that. Thankfully I got to watch something much better.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Who here has actually seen that Serbian Film?

Also, the Exorcist was great. Watched it for the first time a month or so ago.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.