***Mr Robot Season 2***

29,233 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sex Panther
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
the suffers were the soundtrack of the hack
aTmAg
AG
I'm 15 minutes into the DVR. Does this get any better?
Morpholino
AG
I thought for a second that I was in an alternate universe watching that old Bud Light commercial.
cone
AG
totally remember that ad
Btron
AG
Angela's hack sequence was pretty tense. I wonder if Agent Dom is on to her.
I call the intro the "season 1 was a hit so we can do whatever we want" From an nostalgia perspective the intro knocked it out of the park. The USA intro, the graphics, old people on the boardwalk, and the in between scenes music, all spot on. Or they felt like "too many cooks" was popular lets do a 90's callback...
Not the best season and I'm struggling to tune in each week. This is definitely not a have to tune in season.
Morpholino
AG
Joey Bada$$
inch05
AG
quote:
prevailing thoughts from reddit are that he's in prison or an institution. the basketball games make you lean more towards prison but definitely a fun beginning to the season!

That answers that...awesome ep!
Morpholino
AG
quote:
quote:
prevailing thoughts from reddit are that he's in prison or an institution. the basketball games make you lean more towards prison but definitely a fun beginning to the season!

That answers that...awesome ep!

Yeah you guys nailed it.

Definitely was a good episode last night. Hope the good ones continue.
BJM1781
AG
Guess it's kind of telling how few replies there have been compared to last season's thread
TCTTS
AG
Last season everyone and their dog knew that the character of Mr. Robot was inside Elliot's head. It was a straight rip off of Fight Club, but defendable - and even enjoyable - because Sam Esmail knew that we knew, and was constantly winking at that fact. That was the whole point.

But you can't do that TWICE, and do a sh*ttier job of it the second time around. It was obvious from the first episode this season that Elliot wasn't really living with his mother, and not only that, but instead of one character, entire plot threads weren't real either (or were at least completely misrepresented). This time, it felt like Esmail really was trying to trick us, only he didn't do a very good job at it, and there weren't any real winks (like having the choral version of the Pixies "Where Is My Mind" from last season - the song that played at the end of Fight Club). The pretentiousness with which the reveal was handled last night was eye-rolling too.

I'm still in, and still interested to see where it goes from here, but man, a little over halfway through season two now I can confidently say this has been a significantly disappointing follow-up, and last night just made it official.
Bunk Moreland
last night became 3 on my dvr that I'm backed up on. It's just a lot tougher this year to get invested.

TCTTS made a lot of good points. I started the episode from 3 weeks ago last night, and when they show him sitting again at the bball court, with the weird girl off to the side at the fire, and random woman behind them staring into space, it's just so obvious and I don't care about the reveal.

Was not surprised to be "spoiled"(not on this site but by someone I know) that the reveal happened.

I dunno, I'll try to get caught back up but I'm running out of time because as soon as college football then NFL starts, it's that and the fall shows for my tv watching.
Morpholino
AG
Agree. First season was much better than the first part of this second season.
aTmAg
AG
So I watch the show while I peruse the internet and whatnot, and don't pay close attention. Did they ever say what he was in jail for? Was it for framing that original E corp dude? The big hack? Or what?
AggieinOhio
AG
quote:
So I watch the show while I peruse the internet and whatnot, and don't pay close attention. Did they ever say what he was in jail for? Was it for framing that original E corp dude? The big hack? Or what?

I have exactly the same question for exactly the same reason.
cone
AG
love the show. locked in. y'all are crazy.
aTmAg
AG
Another question... In Elliot's head, Craig Robinson was forcing Elliot migrate a website. What possibly would the prison equivalent of that be?
cone
AG
Ray was probably a guard or a warden and was running the Silk Road site from prison.

That's why he was able to throw Elliot into solitary.
inch05
AG
quote:

I agree!
BlackLab
AG
Prison certainly explains the near rape and subsequent ass shanking.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

I started season one about two weeks ago and just finally got caught up. Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love this show. And I thought the USA flashback episode was awesome. I mean, ALF killed a guy...

And after getting caught up on this thread, my biggest takeaway is, aTmAg just ****ing leave
Madmarttigan
AG
I suppose I'm an idiot and didn't think about it being prison so it surprised me. Also nothing going on in the outside world indicates that he was caught for anything so why is he in prison? The black dude was also chilling with a dialysis machine and a dog so it doesn't seem like that would be normal in a prison setting. Also, getting computer access and people ripping him from a prison hospital bed seem unlikely.

It was not that crapily done and it was still an entertaining twist, I would say much better done than the 1st season since everyone who has seen fight club knew that was coming.

Sentinel
AG
I didn't see it coming either. I think them being prison guards would explain their privilege and access.
Btron
AG
The only reason I saw it coming is someone here thought that he was in a mental hospital, and Randy had the dog he was caring for could have been a therapy dog. I agree some of the details of him being in prison and what happens to Elliot aren't adding up. So I guess they can just chalk it up to "he's crazy, what is reality exactly, etc"
I love the feel of this show, the shots and settings in NYC, so I'm sticking with it, but not my favorite.
FTAG 2000
AG
It's basically become a hacking version of Fight Club in my eyes. But he's institutionalized somehow.

Generally like the story, but having more and more problems with Angela all of a sudden being a bada--.

Sentinel
AG
Will I be shunned if I admit to having never watched Fight Club?
ellebee
quote:

AggieinOhio
AG
quote:
You don't have to admit that you've never watched it. The simple fact that you're talking about it tells me that you haven't watched it.
k20dub
AG
quote:
quote:
You don't have to admit that you've never watched it. The simple fact that you're talking about it tells me that you haven't watched it.
Sentinel
AG
I'm sorry. I'll watch it this weekend.
cone
AG
current mood

aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:

I started season one about two weeks ago and just finally got caught up. Couldn't agree more. I absolutely love this show. And I thought the USA flashback episode was awesome. I mean, ALF killed a guy...

And after getting caught up on this thread, my biggest takeaway is, aTmAg just ****ing leave
You gave me another reason to stay.

BTW, the show is still merely mediocre.
cone
AG
strong
Bunk Moreland
I'm caught up!.... Not counting tonight. But my attention is waning. I'll check it out this weekend
cone
AG
hey it's okay to give up

no judgement
TCTTS
AG
Now THAT was a great episode. Best of the season so far, hands down.

I hate to say it, but I didn't miss Elliot one bit. Amazing what this show can be when it's not trying to pull one over on us or focus so heavily on imaginary people.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.