***Mr Robot Season 2***

28,392 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sex Panther
ellebee
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I believe it was at the end of the season 1 finale after the credits.
cone
AG
at the eyes wide shut house
k20dub
AG
http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/14/12187768/qr-code-mr-robot-confictura-industries-usa
Btron
AG
What exactly is Gideon getting blamed for? What is a "Pansy?"
Morpholino
AG
Excellent season premiere!

I think Elliott might be in a halfway house, which is why he can come and go as he pleases. But all of the previous posts about a mental institution make sense, as well. Guess we'll find out.
Quinn
AG
I think this is a well laid out theory, but I'm not totally on board. Who or what organization is responsible for putting Elliot into the prison/mental hospital? And how did they know he needed to go? I guess maybe his therapist could recommend it based on the info her ex lover supplied?

Really enjoyed this episode. Such great music and cinematography.
TelcoAg
AG
Bump for ep1 and to attach myself to the thread
Morpholino
AG
Even more questions after E2. Who is the dialysis guy working for, the Dark Army? Who killed the hacker, also the Dark Army?
cone
AG
the montage where elliot was high on uppers was so great
Morpholino
AG
quote:
the montage where elliot was high on uppers was so great

Amen.
Morpholino
AG
Surprised not many folks are talking about this show. Well I guess not much happened, plot wise, in E2.
AgLiving06
I'm not sure what has happened at this point
toucan82
quote:

Same. I know I've enjoyed watching it though.
cr0wbar
AG
Wow, just got around to episode 2 just now!

Dusty Springfield "You dont have to say you love me" to open the show was fantastic!

Also - my show dropped an early F bomb- then the rest of the show they seemed to censor them. What's with that?

And right - even more questions. Some semi spoils/questions if you havent watched yet...

• Tyrell is....somewhere, possibly deep in Elliot's psyche. Not sure that he's alive.
  • Adderall montage was fantastic. I think some of the things that happened in this episode debunk the theory of him being in a mental hospital yea?
  • Ray? Lost his wife, and his still grieving - he makes $$ running a website for...something and he keeps getting hacked. He has ulterior motives clearly
  • Who killed Romero? That body was there for a while, dried blood and all. Dark Army is that hacker group that Darlene was speaking too.
  • Angela: CEO trying to hit tha...oh wait, these people helped kill your mother!
  • Streep/Dimicaro: Finger bangin' on a chat room, she seems like she's pretty depressed. But she's got a lead for F Society!!

AgLiving06
quote:
quote:

Same. I know I've enjoyed watching it though.

Same here. It's one of the few shows that has you second guessing everything.

I went from thinking he was in a mental institute and cr was a helper to now thinking he's a drug dealer.

et98
AG
The crazy thing about this show is that anything and everything that's happening may not really be happening at all. Whoever he's talking, the things they're doing, and the conversation they're having at any give time might be 100% real, 100% non-existent, or anywhere in between like some sort of semi-coherent distortion of reality. The scene with him being force-fed liquid cement and then showing that he was simply forcing himself to throw up the medicine was a good example of that.

Also, the product placement in this episode might be the most gratuitous product placement I've ever seen. It was so in-your-face, I originally thought I was watching an Amazon Echo commercial instead of Mr. Robot. I literally rewound that 1st scene of her asking Alexa the time just to make sure it wasn't actually a commercial.

For the record, I have the Amazon Echo...and it is awesome!
Morpholino
AG
Tyrell's wife is Danish, right? I ask because Tyrell greeted Elliott with "bonsoir". Which makes me think Tyrell is out-of-the-country. Possibly in France. I dont know. Just speculating.
TelcoAg
AG
He's been saying "bonsoir, Elliot," since season 1
Morpholino
AG
Ah ok. Nm then!
Madmarttigan
AG
For the record, I enjoy this show a lot, and this may have been discussed on season 1 but my wife and I just started watching this....

Is anyone else a little disappointed season 1 was almost a less violent knock off of fight club? I kind of spoiled it myself when I started to ask the question of if the show was Fight Clubbing us. The show is still very well done and its still a great twist, just a little disappointed because it feels like been there done that.
aTmAg
AG
Without reading this thread....

I just binge watched season 1 on Amazon prime. Is there a place I can catch up the season 2?
cr0wbar
AG
Echo is awesome - I went back and asked our Alexa the end of the world question myself!
cr0wbar
AG
here ya go!

http://www.usanetwork.com/mrrobot/videos/eps20unm4sk-pt1tc
cone
AG
same
Bunk Moreland
Just finally watched the s2 eps. Been really busy and they were burning a hole in my dvr.

Good start to the season. The whole f society signage at the arcade was annoying me so much, and while at least the fbi agent gave us a "gotta be F'ing kidding me" obvious reaction.... That's the biggest criminal enterprise on earth. Within hours of the first major coverage of their name, multiple citizens would have reported that signage.

I know it's minor but that had been annoying the crap out of me.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Haha thank you, you kind of answered my question by unintentionally outing yourself as one of those people. Struck a nerve clearly.

Yes you struck a nerve. people that are so tribal about their politics that they can't appreciate a good writing annoy me.
Too bad the writing sucks. It's a blatant ripoff of Fight Club, except that the characters are laughably shallow. I pulled my eyerolling muscles during the whole whiterose meeting. "My time is so precious, I'll give you 3 minutes while talking cryptically as possible" LOL. The E-corp bad guys come straight out of a Steven Seagal movie and I was only slightly surprised, they didn't show them serving babies as snacks at board meetings. While the hackers are unquestionably virtuous and smart. No middleground. It's like captain planet for grown ups.

Politics-wise, the short shortsightedness of the writers is astounding. In addition to wiping out debt, guess what else gets wiped out? Savings. Not just personal life savings of individuals, but accounts uses by large and small businesses alike. They would all be screwed. Companies would go under, or would lay off much of their workforce (and guess who would get laid off first rich or poor?) In addition, most of the poor do not own homes. The middle class and rich do. So they'd get their houses for free while the poor would be stuck paying higher rent. So the poor would be SCREWED by these dumbass hackers.

This show would have redeemed itself somewhat if they had showed the results hack backfiring (as would really happen), that the E-corp dudes were really average joes like the rest of us, had the hackers realize they were naive and had made a huge mistake, etc. You know, make the plot and characters realistic. But no, it looks like they aren't going to go that way.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
For the record, I enjoy this show a lot, and this may have been discussed on season 1 but my wife and I just started watching this....

Is anyone else a little disappointed season 1 was almost a less violent knock off of fight club? I kind of spoiled it myself when I started to ask the question of if the show was Fight Clubbing us. The show is still very well done and its still a great twist, just a little disappointed because it feels like been there done that.
Yep, I noticed that myself.
cone
AG
quote:
But no, it looks like they aren't going to go that way.
you don't know that

it appears the feds are trying to keep things afloat. trying, while they (as in the sec, treasury, and fed reserve) lean on e-corp to fix it (by re-assembling the "database")

we're don't know exactly how long they are in the aftermath of the hack

they did say this, though: "now that the allowance is down to just $50 a day,"

from EW:

quote:
It doesn't even allow for the trust that underlies service transactions. E. Corp. CEO Phillip Price might be a "master of the universe" in his words, but he has to pay upfront at his favorite restaurant, in cash, or he can't eat at all.

so... yeah, things are ****ty. and you're crazy if you think they're going to turn darlene into a mary sue. there's going to be some massive buyer regret. i get the feeling (or at least hope) that the politics are pretty subversive. a pox on both your houses, that sort of thing.
Quinn
AG
quote:
quote:
you don't know that

it appears the feds are trying to keep things afloat. trying, while they (as in the sec, treasury, and fed reserve) lean on e-corp to fix it (by re-assembling the "database")

from EW:

quote:
It doesn't even allow for the trust that underlies service transactions. E. Corp. CEO Phillip Price might be a "master of the universe" in his words, but he has to pay upfront at his favorite restaurant, in cash, or he can't eat at all.

so... yeah, things are ****ty. and you're crazy if you think they're going to turn darlene into a mary sue. there's going to be some massive buyer regret. i get the feeling (or at least hope) that the politics are pretty subversive. a pox on both your houses, that sort of thing.
The first episode made reference to being 30 days out, so it would seem like they are around that time, maybe a couple weeks later as of the end of episode 2.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:
you don't know that

It seems to me, they are turning it into a prolonged fight between fsociety and E-corp.

quote:
Though this show is better than most on the computer aspect, this reminded me of another thing that was idiotic. Why did they encrypt the database and then "throw away the key"? Why not just wipe the database? It's faster and they'd have to do that anyway unless they want the unecrypted DB to be sitting right there. My guess is that this is a cheesy plot device to make sure the key is still out there (maybe Tyrell has it).

quote:

I don't remember that part exactly. You talking about bank withdrawals? If so , then how the hell would they even be able to do that at all if the bank records were gone?

quote:
They place the pox all on one house at the moment and they picked the wrong house. They showed Yellen, Lew, and White trying to hold the E-corp CEOs feet to the fire, when in reality they are the reason the nation us up to it's eyeballs in debt. This show has the villians and heros exactly reversed from reality.

My prediction is that Darlene is going to have a hard time holding things together while Elliot is off in crazy-land. That he will come back and "save" the day. Furthermore, I think that Angela will be turned to the "dark side" (which is another ridiculous and poorly written plot line), just for her to go Darth Vader at the end and to take out the proverbial emperor.

I should mention that Joanna Wellick is smokin. That's a positive of this show
cone
AG
thanks. missed that completely. didn't know if it was days, weeks, etc.
cone
AG
quote:
If so , then how the hell would they even be able to do that at all if the bank records were gone?
like food stamps? postman leaves a $50 bill in your mailbox? who knows? craig robinson mentioned the allowance when he was talking to his dead wife.

the feds are just scrambling to keep people off bread lines. and per craig's comments, the allowance is decreasing. so they're running out of money.
cone
AG
quote:
This show has the villians and heros exactly reversed from reality.
in reality, there are no heroes.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:
If so , then how the hell would they even be able to do that at all if the bank records were gone?
like food stamps? postman leaves a $50 bill in your mailbox? who knows? craig robinson mentioned the allowance when he was talking to his dead wife.

the feds are just scrambling to keep people off bread lines. and per craig's comments, the allowance is decreasing. so they're running out of money.
As has been shown over the past decade, the Fed and treasury would just print more money in such a situation.

In addition to computer advisers, this show should have hired good economic advisers. However, doing so would have popped their little occupy Wall Street fantasyland bubble.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:
This show has the villians and heros exactly reversed from reality.
in reality, there are no heroes.
Sure there are. Those cops killed in Dallas were heros.

But I was talking in a literary sense. This show has their good guys/bad guys reversed. F-society is no better than vandals and extortionists. If they shoot anybody, then they'd be a full blown terrorist organization. Nothing virtuous about that.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.