***Mr Robot Season 2***

28,545 Views | 229 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Sex Panther
aTmAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Yes, he worked for AllSafe, but for all intents and purposes he worked for E-corp since it appears he had unfettered access to their infrastructure and that E-corp had limited to no internal security staffing.

That's why a big part of this seems like a crime of opportunity.

I can agree that some of the characters are overdramatized, but I would disagree that many of them aren't extremely complex. The CEO, Price, seemed to get more complex as the season went on. He seemed to be just a stone-cold business man.
I respectfully disagree. I think Price went from being 1mm shallow to about 1 inch. His callous attitude regarding Plouffe's suicide meant to show him as an uncaring jackass. And he hasn't changed a whole lot from that. I don't want to turn this into a show comparison, but there are lots of characters on other shows that get less screen time but are more deep than Price.
Morpholino
AG
Bump for Ep3
cone
AG
chromatics
TCTTS
AG
Damn it, there's a song of theirs I've always wanted to use in a movie, and I have a feeling this was it. Haven't watched yet.
TCTTS
AG
And when I say "theirs" I mean a cover of one of the greatest songs ever. Was it this?

SeattleAgJr
Internet says " Into the Black".
TCTTS
AG
Good. Thanks.
AgLiving06
meh episode...once of the few for this show.
cr0wbar
AG
These 1.5 hour long episodes are pretty taxing on me. So I forget some of the details I want to discuss. Why does USA continue to censor the word ****?
Was really confused about the Angela/CEO scenes, anyone catch her reasoning?
aTmAg
AG
quote:
These 1.5 hour long episodes are pretty taxing on me. So I forget some of the details I want to discuss. Why does USA continue to censor the word ****?
Was really confused about the Angela/CEO scenes, anyone catch her reasoning?

She thinks:

That E-corp cares a lot about not allowing 3rd party inspections of that whatsit-called site. That they were willing to give into a lot of expensive demands, but not that. She's not totally sure why, but she figures that the only reason the CEO is offering her all of these favors is because they want her to convince her lawyer pal to drop that demand.

Something like that.

The part I didn't get was the CEO talking to the whiterose dude/chick. And what's up with with the whole cross dressing thing? They feel the need to throw that in for the hell of it?
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Damn it, there's a song of theirs I've always wanted to use in a movie, and I have a feeling this was it. Haven't watched yet.

Chromatics are awesome
et98
AG
I thought the entire montage sequence that ended with Eliot and all his friends at a dinner party in the street while the skyscraper collapsed was fantastically done, especially with that slow, soft piano version of Green Day's "Basket Case" playing in the background. Very appropriate song choice.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
felt like it was a church bell version of basket case. nice touch.
BJM1781
AG
It's a cover of Neil Young's song My My, Hey Hey (Into the Black).

Famous for the line "it's better to burn out, than fade away."

Thought it was an excellent cover.
Morpholino
AG
So, was that the deep web or some other random website that Ray was managing online?
EconAg11
AG
Online black market. Similar to The Silk Road and only accessible through the darkweb
AgLiving06
Pretty sure the user name was "Dredd Pirate Roberts" as well...Full homage to Silk Road.
ellebee
I never caught on to why Tyrell's wife had that dude killed. What was it that he didn't want to do anymore?
k20dub
AG
Just finished this last episode. This is so confusing.
BlackLab
AG
I was confused too. Was he the parking guy who caught Elliot sleeping in Tyrell's escalade in season 1?
cone
AG
yes
aTmAg
AG
Mr. Robot parody:

The dude's voice is so convincing, I thought he took audio clips from the show at first.
cone
AG
i'm fully woke on mr robot

ama
Btron
AG
Why is agent Dom in China? And who shot up the place?
aTmAg
AG
quote:
Why is agent Dom in China? And who shot up the place?
Because part of the original hack took place in China. Something about that being were one of the backups was stored. I assume the Dark Army shot up the place.

The whole scary Dark Army thing is one of the things that annoys me about this show. Real hackers are closer nerds who sit in their underwear in their mothers basement. They aren't Pablo Escobar types.
cone
AG
quote:
The whole scary Dark Army thing
what if they're less of a collective and more of a front
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:
The whole scary Dark Army thing
what if they're less of a collective and more of a front
I just don't think it's realistic to have super hackers who are also supposedly dangerous. And that whiterose person was ridiculous as a character.

It would be good for the show to later expose them as a wannabee hacker mafia group. That in reality they are just hackers who want everybody to think they are dangerous. That would make me nod in approval. But there was a shootout last episode, where they killed cops and then killed themselves rather than give themselves up. Assuming that was the Dark Army my scenario is quite unlikely now.
cone
AG
quote:
I just don't think it's realistic to have super hackers who are also supposedly dangerous.
why do you assume the gunmen are super hackers and not just part of a criminal/anarcho-terrorist organization?

yeah, elliot picking up a mp5 would be stupid. elliot working for an organization (willingly or unwillingly) that has muscle isn't stupid.

if you believe the news, the FSB/KGB has one of the most sophisticated cyber-crime outfits in the world. pretty sure they've got military muscle as well.
cone
AG
quote:
That in reality they are just hackers who want everybody to think they are dangerous.
what you're describing is fsociety

a bunch of anonymous idiots who just happen to have someone of considerable skill in elliot running their hacks

dark army is obviously something else entirely. we don't know their motives or capabilities at all.
Btron
AG
Maybe Dark Army is tied to Ron's deep deep internet marketplace.

When Elliot started to hack again, to kick off this episode, that was some awesome directing.
aTmAg
AG
quote:
quote:
I just don't think it's realistic to have super hackers who are also supposedly dangerous.
why do you assume the gunmen are super hackers and not just part of a criminal/anarcho-terrorist organization?

yeah, elliot picking up a mp5 would be stupid. elliot working for an organization (willingly or unwillingly) that has muscle isn't stupid.

if you believe the news, the FSB/KGB has one of the most sophisticated cyber-crime outfits in the world. pretty sure they've got military muscle as well.
The show doesn't imply they are a government agency. But some super dangerous private super hacker group who has a person embedded within the Chinese government.
cone
AG
dude
Morpholino
AG
quote:
dude

Yeah. My thoughts, as well.
aTmAg
AG
WTF?
cone
AG
simply the best

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.