Ghostbusters trailer

47,540 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Icecream_Ag
Atreides Ornithopter
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
only good thing in the trailer is the song. And you don't even hear the words.
3rdGen2015
AG
Even on SNL, that's her character in probably 95% of the sketches she's in. It's pretty annoying.
chipotle
Should see it on redbox by....August?
Really???
quote:
Need a new cast. Choose 4 of the following
Steve Carrell
Tina Fey
Chris Pratt
Amy Schumer
Kumail Nanjiani
Kevin Hart
Jonah Hill
Seth Rogen
Adam Sandler
Will Farrell
Bill Murray
Amy Poehler
Aziz Asari

Comedy Gold. Any four. And I don't even love all of them.
Adam Sandler already made that movie. It was awful.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
This is the kind of terrible hacky writing I worried about from Paul Feig. crowd surfing fail? That already felt like an old bit by 1997.

Exactly what I was going to say.
CheeseSndwch
Not one laugh and that seemed like a pretty major spoiler for a trailer. Not that I care though, because this thing has redbox written all over it.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Should see it on redbox by....August?

Don't you mean, ignoring it on Redbox by August. Ahahah,hehe,ahaha...eh...... Aha.........ehhh....... Even joking about this movie sucks.
Sex Panther
AG
That's pretty cool they have a giant cloud coming from a skyscraper above a city for the final act... I wonder why no other movies have ever incorporated that idea.

double aught
AG
Why do I think Kate McKinnon is kinda sexy in these trailers? Is it just me?
TCTTS
AG
I legit don't understand how that's a thing blockbusters are still doing. It's so baffling.

I would love nothing more than for all the crazy mens rights activists (some of whom are seemingly posting in this thread) to be silenced by a genuinely good version of this movie, but man, this looks absolutely terrible on every level. I still might give it a shot simply because it's Paul Feig, but in two trailers, not only has a single joke not landed, but half of them are so incredibly unoriginal and derivative (confidently jumping from a concert stage only to not be caught by the crowd... really???).
PatAg
AG
I'm a big fan of Kristen Wiig, both in comedic roles and dramatic, but I'm going to need someone who's opinion I trust to see this and tell me it is good.

There is one of the least funny "funny" people alive in this movie and in SNL, and I refuse to contribute to her career. She is just so bad.
McCarthy can be very hit or miss, but she has been insanely funny enough times imo.
FincAg
AG
Feels like a long SNL skit that misses the mark.
Joe Exotic
AG
Glad to see this girl power piece of **** failing
Quincey P. Morris
AG
Seems like the only thing good to come out of this may be the return of Hi-C Ecto Cooler which I have yet to actually see anywhere but the Coca Cola announcement.
combat wombat™
AG
I'll watch it. Because... Chris Hemsworth.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Tell me this giant creature at the end of the trailer isn't supposed to be the Sta Puft Marshmallow Man? If it is (or just some updated ripoff) then I'm out. If you are saying you are "re-imagining" the original, then don't rip off scenes wholesale from that movie (the scene where they approach the old woman ghost who throws up on Wiig and now this?).

My hopes for this movie are now at 0%.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You don't have to preface every complaint with your disclaimer about approving of the cast. We get it, you're ok with the female recasting and everyone else is sexist.
AgPediRPh
AG
quote:
Not one laugh and that seemed like a pretty major spoiler for a trailer. Not that I care though, because this thing has redbox written all over it.
Ooh, Look at you with that $1.07 to waste !
Swing Your Saber
McCarthy can be hilarious & she can be terrible. This does not look like one of her better roles.

Wiig is a good dramatic actress & can be the straight man; however I have never found her funny.

I don't watch SNL very often & have no opinion of McKinnon & Jones beyond these flat trailers & unfunny appearances on the Tonight Show or Late Night. Seems for a big budget remake you cast four known stars. Not two names & two up & comers.

TCTTS
AG
quote:
You don't have to preface every complaint with your disclaimer about approving of the cast. We get it, you're ok with the female recasting and everyone else is sexist.
The amount of legit, spiteful HATE for an all-women version of this movie is straight up disturbing. I get that it feels like a cheap ploy - and I agree that is - but the level of vitriol has gone past complaining about that aspect and instead comes across as insanely sexists. It's creepy, and I'm not going to NOT bring attention to it.

That said, on the same token, you don't have to call me out in EVERY ******* thread either. Seems your goal on this board lately has been playing TCTTS police. No matter where I post, you follow up with some passive-aggressive (re: smiley face icon followed by your true feelings) counter point, and it's getting super old. And if I truly am being annoying or coming across as holier than thou or whatever, then maybe it's time I take a break for a while. Because no matter what I say lately has been met by uber-sensitive posters with over-reactionary/opposing opinions. At least more than usual.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
That said, on the same token, you don't have to call me out in EVERY ******* thread either. Seems your goal on this board lately has been playing TCTTS police. No matter where I post, you follow up with some passive-aggressive (re: smiley face icon followed by your true feelings) counter point, and it's getting super old.
Uh, what? I got after you about the spoilers in the Star Wars thread, I assume that is still bugging out.

I wasn't passive-aggressive, either. I told you flat out that your post could use a spoiler warning, you refused, and that bugged me. I was pretty crystal clear about it.

As for this thread -
It's just funny how much you keep bringing up that same point about the cast. Sure I was poking fun at you a little, but was not trying to be mean-spirited about it. I apologize if it came across that way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh, and I'm not following you, either. I just post way too much on this board.
wangus12
AG
quote:
The "black/woman" joke was horrible, just horrible! It would have been forgettable in the middle of a 2 hr. movie, but in a trailer it really stands out as awful!
Should have thrown in a fat joke. Thats the real reason they moved
wangus12
AG
quote:
Oh, and I'm not following you, either. I just post way too much on this board.
This is my board anyways so the both of you can get da effff out!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Here's some Margot as a peace offering.

Deputy Travis Junior
The women's cast feels forced (and let's be honest, it obviously was), but it didn't have to be a deal breaker. If they'd made a funny movie, it wouldn't have mattered. However, not a single joke in the trailers has made me laugh. No kidding, I think I could have written a funnier movie than what they've cooked up.
Professor Frick
AG
That's the point I keep harping on: I honestly feel bad that these (IMO) very funny women, who already have the deck stacked against them, will likely catch a lot of **** for this being unfunny, due to a man giving them unfunny material.
Mr. White
quote:
I truly am being annoying or coming across as holier than thou.

Yes
Deputy Travis Junior
I mean they're all comedians who've created their own content in the past. Surely they got some say in the dialog and script nuances, even if the larger plot and scenes were out of their control, right?
Professor Frick
AG
You're right, and hopefully they will show off their comedic timing and chops. I just worry, there's not a lot even the best comedic actors can do with "stage dive fail".
Deputy Travis Junior
Yea. Well given the overwhelmingly negative reaction so far, we may get a Fantastic Four-like fingerpointing & blaming each other reaction if the early reviews are bad.
Joe Exotic
AG
Leslie jones sucks on SNL. Kate McKinnon is awesome though. She's going to be huge if this girl gimmick horse**** of ghostbusters doesn't sink her career before it takes off.
mazag08
AG
Wait..

"Men's rights activists"?????

Get out of your Hollywood bubble. People get on you because of absolutely ******ed comments like that and your general lack of understanding of how the world actally works outside of your bubble. People don't want one of the best cult comedies of all time turned into ****ing joke, and yes.. flipping the gender of the characters is absolutely a slap in the face to fans. And it has everything to do with PC bull****.

Even with that.. most of us still said we'd give it a shot. Well they went and got some of the worst actresses and literally **** all over what made the original movie great.

I'll await your eight paragraph whinefest about how you're so victimized on here and how you value all opinions while stroking your own ego.
Professor Frick
AG
quote:
And it has everything to do with PC bull****.

I don't know if I buy this. To be fair, I think remaking or adding to Ghostbusters in any way is not a great idea. But I think (IMO) the driving force here is not some PC agenda, I think it's a lot simpler than that.

Paul Feig/McCarthy/Wiig comedies have made a bunch of money, and have reached the point where they are almost guaranteed to have a built in audience and do well. Couple that with Hollywood's (perhaps misguided) preoccupation with rebooting things from the 80s, and it's honestly surprising it took this long to happen. I think it's a pretty simple formula they're working with here, not some "PC bull****".
mazag08
AG
quote:
quote:
And it has everything to do with PC bull****.

I don't know if I buy this. To be fair, I think remaking or adding to Ghostbusters in any way is not a great idea. But I think (IMO) the driving force here is not some PC agenda, I think it's a lot simpler than that.

Paul Feig/McCarthy/Wiig comedies have made a bunch of money, and have reached the point where they are almost guaranteed to have a built in audience and do well. Couple that with Hollywood's (perhaps misguided) preoccupation with rebooting things from the 80s, and it's honestly surprising it took this long to happen. I think it's a pretty simple formula they're working with here, not some "PC bull****".

Yet they have the stage dive characyer clearly playing homage to the race /woman issue in the trailer. They freaking admit it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.