Ghostbusters trailer

47,541 Views | 413 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Icecream_Ag
Sea Gull
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They can make this ****, but they can't make a Monkey Island movie?
PatAg
AG
quote:
This is MUCH better.

http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/b9f50fe909/bros-react-to-ghostbusters-trailer?_cc=__d___&_ccid=f6da8679bf1cc640
Funny video. Little annoying to imply if you dont like this movie its because you are a "bro that is threatened"
Really???
quote:
Women just aren't funny enough to carry an entire movie
Because men are just inherently more funny than women?

Holy ****.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
Women just aren't funny enough to carry an entire movie
Because men are just inherently more funny than women?

Holy ****.
yes
hunter2012
AG
good news everyone, the trailer is the most disliked video in Youtube history.
Eliminatus
AG
quote:
good news everyone, the trailer is the most disliked video in Youtube history.
First time I actually saw the trailer was about 10 minutes ago.

Egads it looks awful!!

Did my part for humanity and downvoted it.
wangus12
AG
Now that is comedy. I still don't see how any person in a front office could think that remaking a classic, but trying to change it all was going to end well.
ro828
The preview states, in print, that thirty years ago four scientists saved New York City.

OK. Now I'm reading that the film is set in a universe where the first one never happened. This is why the returning cast members are not playing the characters they played in the original.

That's bad enough. But what's upsetting is that I've seen previews for this in theaters twice now and the audience reaction is stony silence until Leslie Jones as the girl working in the subway booth comes on and then there were mild chuckles. But if I worked at Columbia Pictures and had invested 154 American dollars in making this, I'd be very nervous.
oragator
How bad can a movie possibly be that they couldn't even find something funny show up in a trailer with that cast?
redd38
AG
Title IX is going to ruin Hollywood
Professor Frick
AG
Hollywood only cares about making money. Well that, and avoiding risky new ideas. They're doing this because like it or not, Melissa McCarthy and Paul Feig bring in a lot of money, and the Ghostbusters franchise is a known entity.
Professor Frick
AG
The ironic thing here is, based on the trailer, I get the feeling this won't be that funny, and these talented and funny women will take the blame for what looks to be the fault of Paul Feig's writing.
TajMaballer
AG
I didn't like the trailers for Spy or Bridesmaids and I really liked those movies. Hopefully It's the same for this one because I want to like this. I think everyone in the cast is really funny. That includes Leslie Jones. I can't help but crack up anytime she is on SNL. I know I'm in the minority.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
and the audience reaction is stony silence until Leslie Jones as the girl working in the subway booth comes on and then there were mild chuckles.
Really? Her character was the worst thing about the entire trailer. A loud, sassy, blue-collar black woman (who knows New York City, ya'll) with an affinity for Cadillacs, who walks around with a necklace that has her name on it? Wow.
mazag08
AG
quote:
I didn't like the trailers for Spy or Bridesmaids and I really liked those movies. Hopefully It's the same for this one because I want to like this. I think everyone in the cast is really funny. That includes Leslie Jones. I can't help but crack up anytime she is on SNL. I know I'm in the minority.

Spy and Bridesmaids weren't established universes that were beloved by millions of people, mainly for three original actors.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
quote:

Spy and Bridesmaids weren't established universes that were beloved by millions of people, mainly for three original actors.
Three huh?

oragator
So even Melissa McCarthy tried to warn them about how confusing and bad the trailer was but was ignored, but yeah, it's mysoginism.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/03/melissa-mccarthy-admits-she-found-ghostbusters-trailer-very-confusing
Say Chowdah
AG
I don't get it... Is it a remake, a reboot or a sequel? What is it supposed to be? It opens with a historical reference and then looks like the original never happened?
PastrySquirrel
From wikipedia:

quote:
An affirmative action *******ization of a reboot of the same name starring Kristen Wiig, Melissa McCarthy, Kate McKinnon, and Leslie Jones is set for a July 15, 2016 release.
Objective Aggie
AG
quote:
That was aggressively mediocre. Nothing remotely funny, amusing, or intriguing in that trailer.

Aggressive Medicroty.
I could make a conjoined triangles of success and sell it to the Silicon Valley staff. Tremendous potential there.
Objective Aggie
AG
Kristin Wiig is the most un-funny person ever.
powerbelly
AG
quote:
Kristin Wiig is the most un-funny person ever.
Objective Aggie
AG
Need a new cast. Choose 4 of the following
Steve Carrell
Tina Fey
Chris Pratt
Amy Schumer
Kumail Nanjiani
Kevin Hart
Jonah Hill
Seth Rogen
Adam Sandler
Will Farrell
Bill Murray
Amy Poehler
Aziz Asari

Comedy Gold. Any four. And I don't even love all of them.
COOL LASER FALCON
I'm honestly surprised that they are getting away with casting Leslie Jones as "the black one."
powerbelly
AG
quote:
Need a new cast. Choose 4 of the following
Steve Carrell
Tina Fey
Chris Pratt
Amy Schumer
Kumail Nanjiani
Kevin Hart
Jonah Hill
Seth Rogen
Adam Sandler
Will Farrell
Bill Murray
Amy Poehler
Aziz Asari

Comedy Gold. Any four. And I don't even love all of them.
Or make an original comedy with any of the four above. That would be much better than trying to capture the magic of the original.
AliasMan02
AG
A good comparison for this film to track against will be the MiB reboot/24 Jump Street. Not exactly the same, obviously, but remakes that are taking TOTALLY opposite approaches. Ghostbusters seems to be trying to use some sort of formula to make a hit movie, while Jump Street in Black is really trying a new approach and a fresh swing at it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Trailer 2.

Did anyone laugh?
3rdGen2015
AG
Very underwhelming. But Leslie Jones' entire being can be boiled down to her line "I don't know if that was a race thing or a lady thing, but I'm mad as hell."
TajMaballer
AG
I don't know if it's a first trailer thing or better visuals in this trailer thing, but I'm cautiously optimistic as hell.
aTmLoKi
AG
quote:
Trailer 2.

Did anyone laugh?

Dislike.
HummingbirdSaltalamacchia
AG
Yep. just as turrible as the first trailer. And i am sure there are people that will think me a misogynist bc i think that was awful and not even remotely funny.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
Still terrible.
jr15aggie
AG
The "black/woman" joke was horrible, just horrible! It would have been forgettable in the middle of a 2 hr. movie, but in a trailer it really stands out as awful!
jabberwalkie09
AG
3rdGen hit it on the head, that is her character.
Professor Frick
AG
This is the kind of terrible hacky writing I worried about from Paul Feig. crowd surfing fail? That already felt like an old bit by 1997.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.