***Survivor: Kaoh Rong***

58,695 Views | 484 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bulldog73
Rudyjax
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
Woah. I suck.
Me too. Three down, and I can't even remember who #4 is.

I have Tai. He is there for the long haul now. He is too like able tho and will be a target.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Woah. I suck.
Me too. Three down, and I can't even remember who #4 is.

I have Tai. He is there for the long haul now. He is too like able tho and will be a target.
I looked it up. I have Nick. He's basically invisible right now while the other tribe consumes itself.
Rudyjax
AG
Nick is the ice cream guy?

Ronnie
AG
As reigning champion, blah blah blah

Neal is the ice cream guy

Nick is the personal trainer that Debbie thinks she has a chance with

I've got Nick, Aubry, and Kyle left still, not feeling too terribly strong about any of those.

Tai or Scot Pollard are the favorites in my opinion

Thus sayeth the champion.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
As reigning champion, blah blah blah

Neal is the ice cream guy

Nick is the personal trainer that Debbie thinks she has a chance with

I've got Nick, Aubry, and Kyle left still, not feeling too terribly strong about any of those.

Tai or Scot Pollard are the favorites in my opinion

Thus sayeth the champion.
Oh yeah, I did have Nick and Neal mixed up.

We have the merge next week, so we get to re-pick, right?
Quinn
AG
Dr Pete is a grade A moron.

I hope that Scot and Tai keep the bromance going - favorite part of the show so far.

I'm thinking that the Brawn and Beauty team up to vote out the Brains.
Rudyjax
AG
I don't think Scott is going to win. There's a prejudice against people with money.

Tai has to earn his way to the end because no wants to be sitting with him.

That's why I thought the brains really wanted to stick with Peter. No one liked him.

The "model" cracks me up. There's nothing she hasn't done.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Not only is Debbie a model, she had a thing with a VERY famous pro bowler.

zap
AG
Tai/Scott = Master Blaster

Tai needs to ride Scott's shoulders everywhere he goes.
Quinn
AG
quote:
I don't think Scott is going to win. There's a prejudice against people with money.

Tai has to earn his way to the end because no wants to be sitting with him.

That's why I thought the brains really wanted to stick with Peter. No one liked him.

Including plead guilty to falsifying Hurricane Katrina water tests - http://www.examiner.com/article/survivor-kaoh-rong-debbie-wanner-guilty-of-falsifying-katrina-water-tests
MooreTrucker
AG

quote:

Survivor usually spends a lot of time "creating" heroes and villains. In Debbie's case they've created the court jester.
BlackLab
AG
I'm telling you, Debbie is Secret Agent Phillip in another body.
BlackLab
AG
quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: Let's start with the reward challenge, where former NBA player Scot started shooting baskets with a big lead, yet fell behind 7-5 to Nick before coming back and pulling out the victory. It was almost a repeat of river rafting guide Kelly Wiglesworth losing a paddling competition to Gervase back in season 1. How big of a blow would that have been for Scot to lose? And how much of a feather would that have been for Nick?

JEFF PROBST: Interesting question was the episode that boring? Anytime you're perceived as the expert in something you're in a bit of a lose-lose situation. You're expected to win, so there's no glory if you do but if you lose, oh man! So yeah, I think Scot's NBA buddies would have given him a hard time had he lost to Nick. It was a tight finish though so Nick can feel good about that and Scot retains the title of best buoy shooter of the day.

Really nifty immunity challenge that ended with the tribes having to build a tower of blocks. As soon as you saw the yellow Gondol tribe building a tower with the smaller blocks that would up top first, did you sense they were in trouble?

I'm not smart enough to know what kind of strategy will work in a challenge, but I do get excited when I see unusual approaches to solving our challenges because of what it says about the game play. Survivorrequires you to take chances. If you play a "safe" game, it's very difficult to get to the end, let alone win. So when you see a tribe taking a risky or unusual approach, it tends to bode well for them from a big-picture perspective. It doesn't mean it will work in that specific moment, but it says to me that they are looking for ways to "beat the system."

As you know from visiting location, when we build challenges, we often leave "opportunities" within the challenge for players to find and use to their advantage or disadvantage. So everything is fair game. And, of course, when a large block bonks someone on the head (sorry Joe), it also helps!

There is nothing better than watching a vote change right before your eyes at Tribal Council. Take us through what you were seeing being there as multiple conversations starting breaking out as players changed their votes from Julia to Peter with Aubry actually changing her vote right at the urn!

Tribal continues to evolve. I couldn't be happier when conversations break out, because it tells me that the game is alive. That's how it should be. The days of old when people walked into Tribal with their vote "locked in" are long gone. You have to stay open and listen for clues as to what is really going on. People make mistakes at Tribal, and you have to be aware enough to catch them.
Remember, Tribal goes much longer than you see on the show. Everybody gets asked questions, so everybody has an opportunity to help or hurt themselves. This Tribal was yet another turning point in the game, and it was electric to witness it in person. I knew it was not a done deal and with all the variables the question centered around where would the vote land? I also think this marked a turning point for Aubry. She started out on day 1 in tears, overwhelmed by the elements. She survived and is starting to really blossom as a player. Changing your vote at Tribal is a giant move. You can't be any more active and alive than that and I loved it.

I don't say it enough, but despite my snarky attitude at times, the truth is I respect the people who play this game so much. I have a bit of an idea of how absolutely exhausting it is on every single level. Whether you are first out or the last one standing every player offers themselves up in basically the same way and that's remarkable.

Okay, Hostmaster General, deliver us a juicy tease for next week's episode.

Next week is a big episode. A lot goes down, strategies are refined, and more is revealed about just how tough this season is on every single player.
hurleyag
AG
I think I still have Neal, but losing Caleb to the elements hurt and like always going for the boobs ended up being a failure.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
I think I still have Neal, but losing Caleb to the elements hurt and like always going for the boobs ended up being a failure.
I know, right? I think going for the boobs would be a good strategy. It wasn't.
LHIOB
AG
Once again we see a different side of Scot. He was playing the game and forming strong relationships. He also gave props to Nick in the challenge. He won't win because he has plenty of money but he is doing betting than any other athlete I can remember.

He is also beasting the challenges. Yes, he is an athlete but he's 350+ lbs and not the typical Survivor athlete.

"Hey Scot what are you doing?"
(Shoot ball)
"Winning"
(Ball goes in)
Rudyjax
AG
Ever since I started working out heavily, i eat nonstop. And if I cant' eat, I get really hangry.

I'm not sure how these guys do it. It's pretty amazing.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Scores after Week 6:

jdgilberg 22
Moxie 22
TomHagensWife 22
txaggiefarmer05 22

Ranger222 20
Rebel-E91 20

AcctAg11 19
kpaggie05 19
Tony Franklins Shoe 19

Ronnie 18
tx1c 18

Unthought Known 15

tallgrant 14

aggietony2010 13
Bobcat 06 13
CheeseSndwch 13
Dan07 13
hurleyag 13
Moore Trucker 13
Quinn 13
The Sheik 13
zap 13

BlackLab 12
ChipFTAC01 12

cwpaggie07 11

gravy97 10
LHIOB 10

Out of 27 players, Moxie is the only one with all four in and ten are down to 1 player. Pretty crazy.

Check My Math Here
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Has anyone else caught how her occupation changes at every confessional:

She's the new Philip/Coach
Bulldog73
AG
I've noticed that too, and I figured it was kind of a shot at her with her quite inflated sense of self worth.
Quinn
AG
I didn't notice it until I saw "Part-time Model" last night, but it made me laugh.
Moxie
Ranger222
AG
You have to give Debbie a lot of credit. At the first episode I chalked her up as being one of the first ones out due to just quirkiness. She actually has decent game and I'm starting to think she could end up at least final 5 or 6.
Quinn
AG
Very true. She's kind of crazy, but has lasted longer than I expected.
Disco Stu
AG
I have found Debbie's crazy to be entertaining, she is not even close to being as annoying as Phillip or Coach for me.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
I roll my eyes in disbelief every time she claims something, but apparently everything she has claimed is somewhat true.

Someone on reddit found her modeling profile.

https://www.reddit.com/r/survivor/comments/4bpl90/found_debbies_modeling_profile_on_modelmayhemcom/
Diet Cokehead
AG
Debbie is really mfbarnes.
zap
AG
How quickly does Joe turn on Aubry since she "changed the plan?"
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
How quickly does Joe turn on Aubry since she "change the plan?"
it would really hurt his game to do so. He is smart and understands the argument for why she voted how she did.
Southlake
Thought Tai was going to have a heart attack when Probst bought up the idol in the previous Tribal Council. "Jeff STFU!! They already suspect me!!"

Probst said a Tribal lasts on a long time. Wonder what stuff we don't see??

They knew Pollard was going to be on but still had a basketball related challenge?

Seems to me as times goes on Probst is getting snarkier and smarmier. He's going from being a moderator to being more involved in the game. Not sure that's a good thing. Shut up Jeff!
Quinn
AG
They had a basketball shooting challenge when Cliff Robinson was on the show, too. Don't think they had an X's & O's breakdown challenge for Jimmy Johnson, though.
LHIOB
AG
Former contestants have said that Tribal can be more than 3 hours. Plus travel to the location. One season - maybe Africa in S2 - they had a several hour van ride where they couldnt talk. Another season they had to paddle a canoe to the location.
MooreTrucker
AG
Embrace the suck.
aggietony2010
AG
So are there points awarded for surviving this episode? The episode with the Caleb medical evac had points, but also a tribal. There was no tribal to survive this time.
CheeseSndwch
I'd never qualify for the Brains tribe but I like to think I'd have enough sense to ask the Doctor/Medic to put on some gloves before touching my open infection.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.