***Survivor: Kaoh Rong***

58,515 Views | 484 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bulldog73
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They should just tote around a cardboard cutout of Joe while he lays around back at camp. No one would ever know the difference.
blackgoldag11
AG
Lol
Diet Cokehead
AG
My wife still thinks Joe burned all his energy during the 1st week doing all those crunches.
zap
AG
Bye, Julia. I never liked her. She tried to play both sides and got burned.
blackgoldag11
AG
Wow, what a challenge
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tai talky too much
RiverDog
zap
AG
Jason: "No one wants to play the game anymore..." Somebody call the WAAAAA-mbulance. Everyone is playing just fine, you turd. You made several wrong moves and isolated yourself. Enjoy your view from the jury bench. I am already cringing at the thought of his speech to the final three.

Is it just me, or is Cydney starting to lose it? She seems unstable as hell and very emotional, especially when she feels "disrespected."

HTownAg98
Cydney realizes she is on the outside looking in if she doesn't do something.
Is next week the finale, or are they going to a final two?
LHIOB
AG
I agree with Jason. He's not a target at this point. Tai is the target. They just gave him a free run to F4. Why not at least vote for him and flush the idol? You KNOW the last challenge is endurance and Tai has been killing those.
blackgoldag11
AG
Yeah these people are idiots, why not try to team up with Jason since you know he won't get any votes to win
zap
AG
quote:

Is next week the finale, or are they going to a final two?
Finale is May 18th

http://survivorfandom.com/survivor-2016-kaoh-rong-finale-date-317361/
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
I agree with Jason. He's not a target at this point. Tai is the target. They just gave him a free run to F4. Why not at least vote for him and flush the idol? You KNOW the last challenge is endurance and Tai has been killing those.

Especially with what is left. Cydney and Michelle have a chance in endurance, Aubrey has none and her lap dog will last 3 seconds if he even tries it so it's going to be Tai and whoever he chooses to bring along.

I wouldn't have been able to control myself at tribal with Joe still in the game. I understand the extra vote he gives Aubrey, but it just bothers the hell out of me what a complete non-participant he is just so he can do her bidding.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:

Especially with what is left. Cydney and Michelle have a chance in endurance, Aubrey has none and her lap dog will last 3 seconds if he even tries it so it's going to be Tai and whoever he chooses to bring along.

I wouldn't have been able to control myself at tribal with Joe still in the game. I understand the extra vote he gives Aubrey, but it just bothers the hell out of me what a complete non-participant he is just so he can do her bidding.
It's the Sandra "as long as it's not my name being written down" school of Survivor. He won't win like she did, because the game has evolved past that, but it keeps him in the game three days longer.

Same with Tai. He's been making some questionable moves, but he's still here. And as long as his torch burns, he's got a shot.
LHIOB
AG
Aubrey is in a weird place. Take Joe and you beat him, obviously, but Joe is also a vote for her if he is sent home.

Tai isn't going to hold a grudge (at least I don't think he will) so voting him out won't hurt Aubrey on the jury.

They just sent Jason to the jury and he's friends with almost all of them. He can have a big influence on the jurors and tell his side of the story.

So many different things to consider...

Its still blows my mind that they have known Tai has an idol and a power for several votes and no one has forced either out of his hands.

Its also of note that the two times the "2Votes Advantage" has been used it hasn't worked.
Bulldog73
AG
My wife was reading something by Dalton Ross the other day what theorizes this will end up being a final two for the million. That could seriously change the complexion of how this all plays out.
BlackLab
AG
quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: First off, I have been negligent in not getting your thoughts on Mark the Chicken. How exactly are the rules of Survivor worded? Is Mark eligible to be named the Sole Survivor if he manages to not get eaten over the next eight days?

JEFF PROBST: Brilliant question! Yes, I'm surprised "Mark the Chicken" is not a bigger story. I mean, think about it one man (Tai) has convinced a group of starving people to not eat a chicken because it's become his friend. That's pretty powerful. And it's Mark Burnett. The KING of well, everything. So yes, we amended the rules to state "If Mark the Chicken survives all 39 days, he is thereby eligible to take a spot at the final Tribal Council and plead his case." I know this will upset some people who think we are being a bit loose with the rules but "producers' discretion" means just that. I do think it will be easier for MTC if Tai is also in the final Tribal, because Tai can translate Chicken to English. Otherwise, I do think MTC will have an uphill battle convincing the jury that he is worthy of the million dollars and the title of Sole Survivor. But hey, that's why they play the game. You never know.

I know you all like to do these rewards where players get to interact with the local community, whether it is visiting a local school, a village, or in this case, a rescue shelter for animals. Tell me about the importance of this one and why you like sprinkling these types of experiences onto the show?

Survivor is a tapestry of experiences. We want it to be a once-in-a-lifetime adventure. Interacting with the local community is often a part of the journey. In this case, it was just so fun to be able to visit a rescue shelter for animals that we knew it had to be in the show. It's always a balance of reality, challenges, Tribal Council, rewards, local community, and private moments. We don't force them into the show; we only use them when they are available and make sense.

Two great challenges this week, and I want to ask you about the immunity competition, because while this is certainly not the first time we've seen someone come back from way behind to win, it was kind of stunning in how far behind Cydney was. When you were calling the challenge, did you think she had any shot whatsoever?

It is kind of amazing when I look back on all the times I have thought someone was absolutely out of a challenge with no chance of winning, and they've come back to pull it out. Yes, early on Cydney's approach just seemed so slow that even though she wasn't dropping, she was just never going to get there in time. But there was a moment about 70 percent of the way into the challenge where you could feel the momentum shift from Cydney trying to get in it to everybody trying to catch Cydney.
That's a great moment, because we often design our challenges so that there can be a Hail Mary moment where someone can go for broke and try to catch the leader. That's what happened here as people started to move faster and get more careless in the hopes of catching her. It turned into an incredibly dramatic finish and what a surprising victory! Slow and steady won the race in this case. That is one of my favorite challenges. It's one of those "instant classic" challenges that we will be using again for sure!

BONUS QUESTION! We have five players left and two episodes. I'm doing a little Survivor math on the fly here, and does that mean we are possibly looking at a final two this season?

Could it be that we finally listened to you and my friend Mike White (School of Rock, Enlightened) and went back to a final two? I mean, with all the evacuations we've had, it would make sense. And all your fans know you are an ardent supporter of the final two. Plus, you know that we here on the show think you are the cat's meow and we only want to please you. So is it possible that we are, at least for this season, going back to a final two? Yes, it is possible.

Okay, sir, tease us up for next week's penultimate episode.

Next time on Survivor: Every dog has their day.
aggietoolman
AG
I don't get Aubry and Joe's vote in this one. Why not just vote out Tai and stick with cydney for the final three? They could have easily blindsided him based on the plan they used. Tai has to play the idol at the next challenge so he isn't going anywhere, and with the betrayal, Aubry and Joe just became big targets for Tai.

I hate the thought of a final two with Joe and hope that doesn't happen.

DannyDuberstein
AG
I hope Joe makes it to the final two so that he can stand there when it's time to give his speech, spend a few seconds looking at everyone, and then immediately go sit down like he does with the challenges.
emoney
AG
The people who should've wanted to get Tai out last night was Cydney and Michelle. It makes no sense for Aubry and Joe to vote out someone for you. It didn't make much sense for them to blindside Tai either. They could've let Tai know what was going to happen beforehand (vote out Jason) so trust is still there with him. There is no guarantee Aubry would have Cydney on her side with Michelle there next week. That's her #1 ally in my opinion.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Why the hell did Jason vote for Joe? If he would have voted for Michelle, wouldn't he and Michelle have tied with 3 votes or did Jason get 4 votes?
MooreTrucker
AG
The vote was 4-2-1. Both votes for Michelle were Tai. Jason was gone either way.
hurleyag
AG
quote:
Why the hell did Jason vote for Joe? If he would have voted for Michelle, wouldn't he and Michelle have tied with 3 votes or did Jason get 4 votes?
Jason got 4 votes, but he still should have thrown his vote at Michelle. He had been told that they were considering her.
Diet Cokehead
AG
Ok...I was thinking it would have been 3 to 3, but still seems weird he wasted a vote on worthless Joe.
MooreTrucker
AG
Tai was the only one that voted for Michelle. The other four voted for Jason.
HowdyAgs03
AG
quote:
Ok...I was thinking it would have been 3 to 3, but still seems weird he wasted a vote on worthless Joe.

I had the same thought as well.
emoney
AG
Jason said in an exit interview, he knew Tai didn't have the votes for Michelle so he wanted to vote for the person he thought didn't deserve to be in the game longer than him.
HTownAg98
Are we looking at a final two this year?
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
Jason said in his Ponderosa clip that he was 2 people from the final. That suggests a final 3.
HTownAg98
It's going to be a very boring finale if they have one vote and Joe and Michelle are in the final four.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
quote:
Jason said in his Ponderosa clip that he was 2 people from the final. That suggests a final 3.
But he didn't know when that was filmed. Jeff hinted at a final 2.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
I think it's just generally assumed that its a final three, but the medevacs and/or quitters throw the # of eliminations out of whack. In the first BvBvB a girl quit pre-merge and it seems like Probst says they had to change from Final 3 to 2 on the fly.

Sorry for slacking, I've been busy, but heres the final scores heading into the final five.

Tom Hagens Wife 60
jdgilberg 52.5
Moxie 51
txaggiefarmer05 49.5

kpaggie05 46.5
Ranger222 46.5
Rebel-E91 46
tx1c 44

Ronnie 43.5
The Sheik 42
BlackLab 41
Tony Franklins Shoe 40

AcctAg11 37
Quinn 37
LHIOB 36
gravy97 35
Unthought Known 35

Bobcat06 30.5
Moore Trucker 29.5
cwpaggie07 28
CheeseSndwch 27.5
tallgrant 27
aggietony2010 24.5
hurleyag 22
BlackLab
AG
Well that was unexpected. I think any of the 4 have a chance. Aubrey probably the biggest threat.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Fitting that Joe got comstipation. He didn't move the entire season. His bowel amd bladder took the same cue.
CheeseSndwch
Joe should have asked Tai to massage his prostate.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.