***Survivor: Kaoh Rong***

58,486 Views | 484 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bulldog73
LHIOB
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was in forst most of last season and now Im dead last...

I'll take Jason and Michelle

They will probably both go home this week
Rudyjax
AG
I wish I were forst and life.
jdgilberg
AG
I'm going to stick with Michele and add Cydney
Ranger222
AG
My picks will be Michelle and....... Debbie
tx1c
AG
quote:
My picks will be Michelle and....... Debbie
I debated picking Debbie just to make sure she gets eliminated (like i expect my picks to do), But I was afraid it would reduce some of her entertainment value on the show.
aggietony2010
AG
Keep nick, add Aubry.
CheeseSndwch
M1: Nick (w/Bonus Multiplier)
F3: Aubry (New Addition)
Ronnie
AG
As reigning champion I select

Kyle and Nick

Thus sayeth the champion.
Rudyjax
AG
Lots of nick the ****.
AcctAg11
AG
Well ****. Might as well scrap the points game haha.
Rebel-E91
AG
That didn't work out the way I thought it would.
Pro Ag
AG
What the hell was Ty (however he spells it) doing with his vote?
BlackLab
AG
quote:

I wonder if he thought Jason lied to him about super idol stuff....but he has an idol do should know about it anyway.
Rudyjax
AG
I am no good at this.

Moxie
AG
well damn
hurleyag
AG
quote:
That was one of the most confusing votes. I'm still trying to piece together why he threw it at Jason.
BlackLab
AG
Interview with Neal:

quote:
On if he knew he was a goner when Jeff Probst showed up on his beach:

"Oh, without a doubt. I knew based on the fact that the doctor had squeezed Mount St. Neal earlier in the day. The hole in my knee was almost down to the bone. When I saw Jeff, it was clear that the executioner was there for me. He put on a little charade of checking on Aubry and Scott and Tai, but he was there to slit my throat unfortunately."

On when and how his knee got bad:

"On day 15 it popped up after one of the challenges, I think it was a reward challenge. And it popped up real quickly and it really hurt. So I had the doctor come out and they tried to squeeze it and nothing came out. It went from a thing that started as a really painful little pimple to cleaving open and just getting wider and deeper and it just didn't stop spewing pus. It was incredibly disgusting, but it didn't hurt and it didn't limit my mobility."

On how much he pushed back when they said they were pulling him from the game:

"Earlier that morning I had found the Beauty idol box without a clue so I knew that had been found and somebody was in possession of the idol. I understand the decision, but I was begging to get at least 12 more hours to stay in the game and see if it got any better. I was literally begging. Earlier in the day a big chunk of the pus actually had come out so I truly did feel like it was getting a little better, but I'm not a medical expert. So I was down on the ground hysterically crying they didn't show that, thankfully and just begging for 12 more hours. But the decision was clearly made.

On if he had been giving warnings along the way that he was close to being pulled:
"They never said to me, 'Your game is at risk. We're going to consider pulling you.' But you know. You know from watching the game."

On what happened after he got on the boat:

"We got on the boat and [went] around the corner to a bigger boat. As we're going there, Matt, the producer, realizes that Jeff never said 'Hey, guys. We don't have Tribal.' So Jeff says a four-letter word, hops back in the water, goes back to camp, says 'Hey, guys, no Tribal.' That was the second half of the scene you saw and was obviously edited together.

"They bring me to the boat, Jeff says sweet little nothings to me, they say goodbye, and then whisk me back to land. And then it's a four hour drive across the country to the hospital. I ended up that night around midnight staring at the ceiling of a hospital and the doctor dug into my knee and dug into my back. And then I was in the hospital for two days on antibiotics. I was terrible patient because I just wanted to get back to the island. I couldn't believe what was happening."

On his decision to not give Aubry the idol:

"That's a decision that I will probably go back and question for the rest of my life. But in the moment it was the one physical thing from the game that I love very much that I could hold onto. And the night before when I let her know that I had the idol she also made it clear that if she had to, she would have no problems slitting my throat. And in the moment, knowing there was such a good chance that I was going home the next day because of an evacuation, that wasn't funny to me.

"So it was kind of a combination of factors. I thought on one hand, I gave her life by my life being extinguished in the game and it got her at least three days further. And sometimes the threat of an idol can be as powerful, if not more powerful, than an idol itself. What you didn'tsee was me giving her a jacket, and people didn't know what was in that jacket."

On if there was a moment in the days after when he regretted not giving Aubry the idol:

"Oh, about 15 minutes later. I don't think I was in the bigger boat yet. But I can't describe the mental state that you are in when it just gets ripped away from you like that. I'm still convinced I was going to win that damn thing."

On what his plan was with the idol at the next Tribal Council:

"I was undecided. Because it looked like it was gong to be the four Brains voting for somebody. I think we were probably gong for Jason. Then it was going to be them splitting the votes, four on Aubry and three on me. Then it would have been a tie and ultimately Aubry would have gone home. So if I use the idol, Aubry doesn't go home but it just kind of delays things one more day for one of us and then they know for sure we don't have the idol. So I was undecided. I think the likely scenario is that I was going to take a bet and not play it, and then use it a little deeper in the game."
BlackLab
AG
quote:
ENTERTAIMENT WEEKLY: You know how much we all love watching people get tempted with food during an immunity challenge and seeing who succumbs to their hunger and who rides it out. How do you usually determine when you are going to start tempting? Do you have a minute mark in mind before you start the challenge (using challenge rehearsal tests from the Dream Team as a guide), or do you just go by feel in terms of how stable people look and when they are starting to struggle?

JEFF PROBST: Yes ,it's just a gut call. All we really want to do is make sure we establish the challenge and let it run long enough that we can see that everybody is good to go. It's not about seeing anybody start to struggle. What was fun about this one was the twist that it was a one-time offer and it had to be shared. So the number of people who took the offer would determine how much food you would get. But the key was you had to decide quickly. The past couple of seasons we have been experimenting with the "instant decision" idea and we like the results. I felt badly for Julia, she just missed it by a moment. That's always a tricky situation when I have to leave to go get the food; I'm always hoping that someone doesn't fall off while I'm gone

There seems to be a trend this season of people saying more at Tribal Council than they should, which I'm sure you LOVE, but isn't so good for their gameplay. What do you think happened here with Tai all of sudden volunteering information about the super idol for no reason whatsoever? Is this an example of exhaustion and malnutrition making it difficult to think straight, or just bad gameplay?

I object, your honor. The question calls for speculation and Monday morning quarterbacking! I think it's very difficult to play this game perfectly. But saying that talking at Tribal isn't good for game play, if I may, is coming from a fear-based approach to the game. Fear of saying something wrong, fear of upsetting somebody, etc. We could both list numerous times when talking at Tribal led to an amazing 180 and saved somebody. You cannot ever play Survivor from a point of view of "staying safe." Tribal is alive. Votes are changing. If you aren't a part of the conversation, you should be concerned. Tai made a mistake. That's really all that happened. He tried to cover it but I don't think anybody bought it. I do think you're hitting on something, which is the more tired and hungrier you get, the more difficult it becomes. But the underlying truth in all of this is it's very tough to play a perfect game. The key is how you recover from a mistake.

We heard Julia and Michele talking about how they needed to start building their rsums with a big move. How much does that play in to the game now, where people are constantly thinking about making moves, even if those moves don't necessarily put them in a better place, because they serve the purpose of allowing them to later make their case of how they dictated the course of play? In other words, is a lateral move often preferable to no move at all because it demonstrates you are actively playing?

Question of the day. For sure. This reflects back on the previous question about why you can't just stay quiet. The game shifted years ago and now more times than not, the jury votes for game play. Not always, sometimes bitterness comes into play but most often it's rewarding those who made moves. So yes, if you are in a great spot in the game but can't think of a move you can claim credit for then you need to get on it. Getting to the end is one thing, but winning requires a "story" that you can use to persuade the jury that you are deserving. I think all three of your questions share the same theme how do you do it? How do you play the game without having the game turn inward and play you?

Looks like we have a battle of the sexes brewing. What can you say about next week's episode?

I'm gonna give you a different tease the compass of morality stares Tai straight in the face.
hurleyag
AG
quote:
quote:

Looks like we have a battle of the sexes brewing. What can you say about next week's episode?

I'm gonna give you a different tease the compass of morality stares Tai straight in the face.

Do they have to kill the chicken???
aggietoolman
AG
I about spit out my drink when Tai opened up about the super idol at tc.

And Jeff's statement about not talking is only half true. If you are in danger, you can talk your way into getting out of it or digging your grave.

If you aren't on any radar (and have the immunity necklace around your neck), you keep your mouth shut at tribal.
gravy97
AG
The other side of tribal... is that I don't think Jeff lets anyone get away with saying nothing... plenty of it gets editted out as they trim 3 hours down to 5 minutes
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
The other side of tribal... is that I don't think Jeff lets anyone get away with saying nothing... plenty of it gets editted out as they trim 3 hours down to 5 minutes

They all get asked similar questions and it goes on for 3 hours.
Ranger222
AG
That's where I'm guessing why we will never know why Tai voted Jason. My guess is he either remembered Scot telling him Jason was the holder of the other idol to eliminate him (kinda stupid strategy) or the discussions at tribal that got edited out made it seem like the other side was targeting Jason and not Nick, thus his vote
CheeseSndwch
Ugh, I would have been better off using one of my picks on the chicken.
MooreTrucker
AG
Say goodbye to Michelle next week and I'll have batted a thousand....or zero, actually.
emoney
AG
it was the latter according to Nick. The girls were debating either voting out Nick or Jason. Tai was in on the conversation and apparently was never told of the plan changing back to Nick as the target. He said the reason why it wasn't Jason was Debbie was afraid Joe would get confused and forget who to vote for. I don't know if that's the real reason but that's what Nick said in an exit interview.
Southlake
Funny, you always hear of all Girl alliances brewing, buy never all Guy alliances.
gravy97
AG
b/c guy alliances are sexist and not allowed
rhoswen
AG
I'm a girl and I think all-girl alliances are pointless and asinine.
HTownAg98
Well that was interesting.
Bulldog73
AG
Very interesting. I'm not sure I would've given my idol to Ty like that. Now he'll be taking everyone's sway attempts and he's already not in total agreement with how the big guys handle things.
Ronnie
AG
Tai can and should give it back - i think handing it over at tribal was to send a message that whomever they voted for among Tai, Scot, and Jason would be safe. Luckily they didn't have to play it. But it is a community super idol at this point among those three
gravy97
AG
The overpowering nature of the super idol is that you never have to guess and waste it. Just keep saving it till one of your three is about to grab their torch.
cwpaggie07
AG
Do any of the others know that the idols can be combined? If doesn't seem like it
gravy97
AG
Good point... they don't even know its power yet... which makes it even more powerful each vote that they toy with playing it... and then just sit on it

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.