***Survivor: Kaoh Rong***

57,345 Views | 484 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Bulldog73
tallgrant
How long do you want to ignore this user?

quote:
This is just a fun contest to make the show more interesting. Why are we being such sticklers?

rhoswen
AG
Would yall be offended if we started a thread that didn't have all this ridiculous points talk? You guys take this way too seriously.
Rudyjax
AG
It's minimal. Go ahead and say what you want.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Because there are rules for a reason. What would happen if no one followed the rules?

double aught
AG
The points talk is fun. Through my own fault I didn't get my names turned in yesterday, so it won't be as enjoyable to me this season.
Ronnie
AG
As reigning champion, I agree to let Bobcat play.

Thus sayeth the champion.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
As reigning champion, I agree to let Bobcat play.

Thus sayeth the champion.
Harry Stamper
quote:
Would yall be offended if we started a thread that didn't have all this ridiculous points talk? You guys take this way too seriously.
CheeseSndwch
Did anyone make a google doc?

Also, I vote to allow anyone who got their picks in late to play w/a small point deduction for the first round.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Boobsie twins, we hardly knew ya. Now its a lopsided boobsie solo.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
Boobsie twins, we hardly knew ya. Now its a lopsided boobsie solo.
Dammit.
DannyDuberstein
AG
BTW, the old lady brain Debbie reminds me of the landlord in Kingpin.

txaggiefarmer05
AG
quote:

She reminds me of the turtle in Finding Nemo.
Aggie_buster
AG
quote:

I can't stop laughing at that.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Well, if you make it to final tribal and need her vote, at least you know what it will take to get it.
Rudyjax
AG
Sad. Liz was one of the hottest survivors ever.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
Hope this works.

Kaoh Rong Standings
Rudyjax
AG
I picked Peter. And there is no way he wins.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
You and I (and others, of course) picked Liz and Peter. We're pretty much screwed at this point.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:
Hope this works.

Kaoh Rong Standings
Worked for me.

Glad to see they sandbagged Peter's pompous ass personality in Episode one. I picked him and I was even hoping he got voted off if the Landlord wasn't getting the axe.

Speaking of the landlord, shirley that is a bit of acting to come off that ridiculous. It doesn't help to mute the TV when she goes solo on camera because we still have to look at her.
BlackLab
AG
quote:
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: We saw Alecia and Jason both scrambling for the key to open the box with the immunity idol that Scot had released by pushing the key out from up on the tree. This brings up an interesting logistical question in terms of idol ownership in that usually the person who finds the idol gets the idol, but this situation was a bit more complicated. Everyone knew where the idol was (in the locked box) but they needed the key. Jason got the key, but here's the question: Would it be within the rules for someone to have gone and taken the idol box and hidden it somewhere else to prevent anybody else from getting the idol, key or no key?

JEFF PROBST: It rarely comes up, but there are certain things that we would not allow, and that is one of them. The idol box was a "fixed" item, and we would not allow someone to move it or hide it. As you said, the real trick was finding the key, and that was complicated by Alecia first telling Cydney, thinking she could trust her, and Cydney then telling her alliance, but then not bothering to look for it herself. So much going on. Let's analyze, shall we?

The single biggest factor was Alecia's inability to read the room. There wasn't a single good reason to tell Cydney that she found the idol. Cydney is already in the majority of three. By telling her, you give away your ONLY weapon, the possibility of a blindside. Had Alecia found the idol in secret, her one vote would have changed the game. And what a move by Cydney. By telling her alliance about the idol, and then letting them go look for it themselves, she put herself in a really potentially powerful long-play position. She proved herself incredibly loyal and willing to sacrifice for the good of the tribe. Obviously the idol could be used against her, but if she makes it to the merge and those three go deep, she has earned a lot of good will.

Beyond serving as a source of food and protein on this show, the chickens given to tribes always seem to have an impact in other ways whether comically (through chasing the escaped birds) or dramatically (through a vegetarian not wanting to see them killed). This time it was lover-of-all-creatures Tai being remorseful after feeling the chicken's life draining of its body in his hands. Pretty emotional stuff. How do your conversations with vegetarians and people like Tai go in the casting process in terms of discussing their views and how they will be able to handle what might happen once out on the island?

Surprisingly, we don't spend much time at all on that kind of stuff. Back in the old days circa '01, '02 we would investigate this stuff more thoroughly because it was all still so new. Now we focus almost solely on the ability to tell a story and where we think someone would fit in the tapestry of what we are planning creatively. We've learned to trust our process and the format.

"For all the talk tonight about how smart this tribe is, the vote illustrates that Survivor is always about emotional intelligence, your ability to pick up on social cues. That's what gets you to the end." Pretty insightful words from you there to end the episode. Is Peter the latest example of someone who has just failed to realize that book smarts do not translate into Survivor smarts? Also, what's his deal?

Yes, I think he's a great example that in a social situation, brains are a fun party trick, but social awareness gets you invited back. Here's the thing though everybody thinks they are good at reading the room. I can't think of a person I've met who said, "The one thing I really suck at is awareness. I just never get what is happening around me." We all have our blindspots yes, Dalton, even me.
I also think tribes like "brain tribes" are handicapped because super smart people who are certain they are the smartest person in the room don't seem to do well when paired with other super smart people who are certain they are the smartest person in the room. I'm mostly just glad that I am certain that I am never the smartest person in the room. Makes life so much easier.

As for Peter, I don't think he's that unique in terms of his hubris. Sitting in the Survivor casting room for 16 years, I've come to realize it's much more common than you might think. And I'm sure there are people right now reading this thinking that I am not different than him. "He thinks he's all that" Which is why I am glad I host and don't playSurvivor.

That was a pretty intense preview for next week. What can you say about the medical emergency that appears to be looming?

The most dramatic and maybe most compelling episode we've ever done.
BlackLab
BlackLab
AG
Rudyjax
AG
I woke up crying over the ouster of Liz.

She doesn't seem like a nice person and I think she was bumping uglies with Peter, but she was nice to look at.
txaggiefarmer05
AG
quote:
quote:
You and I (and others, of course) picked Liz and Peter. We're pretty much screwed at this point.
I don't know. In past seasons with 3 tribes of 6, they do a tribe swap with 2 teams of seven. It looks like someone might get hurt next week and possibly pulled from the game, so as long as it's not Peter he might at least make a swap and be in better standing.

If someone gets pulled, I don't think they'd vote anyone else off because the uneven #s allow someone to sit out a player at challenge and possibly have an advantage.

Just my two cents.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I don't know. In past seasons with 3 tribes of 6, they do a tribe swap with 2 teams of seven. It looks like someone might get hurt next week and possibly pulled from the game, so as long as it's not Peter he might at least make a swap and be in better standing.

If someone gets pulled, I don't think they'd vote anyone else off because the uneven #s allow someone to sit out a player at challenge and possibly have an advantage.

Just my two cents.
Well, I looked at the spreadsheet and less that 25% of us playing have all four left anyway. Liz and Jennifer were quite the popular picks.
Rudyjax
AG
Jen had a smoking hot body. Liz was hot.

I am hating this season.
LHIOB
AG
I just don't see Peter being self aware enough to change. He was shocked they voted for him. After the way he was talking at Tribal Im shocked they didnt vote him out. I get wanting to win tribal immunity but good Lord what an ass.
Rudyjax
AG
quote:
I just don't see Peter being self aware enough to change. He was shocked they voted for him. After the way he was talking at Tribal Im shocked they didnt vote him out. I get wanting to win tribal immunity but good Lord what an ass.

They felt they needed him for challenges.
MooreTrucker
AG
quote:
It amazes me how they went from a solid group of four young people united against the olds to a split group, in just a couple of days, enough to vote out one of their original four.

And Liz's hand on Peter's leg during the votes was not a good sign for the others either.
Quinn
AG
Why didn't they go ahead and vote out Peter?? That would have been perfect. Jeff was trying so hard to warn Peter about what was coming for some reason.

Also, I loved Jason's quote "I'm possibly one of the best bounty hunters in southeast Michigan." Really setting the bar high there, bud.

There are a lot of unlikable people this season.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
quote:

Also, I loved Jason's quote "I'm possibly one of the best bounty hunters in southeast Michigan." Really setting the bar high there, bud.

"Michigan has some of the highest crime rates in the entire United States of America, which makes it an ideal place for someone looking to enter the bail bondsman and bounty hunting career fields. Most likely, a bounty hunter or bail bondsmen will find the most opportunities in the cities of Detroit, Lansing and Flint, which have by far the highest crime rates in the state. While there is a definite demand for bounty hunters and bail bondsmen in the state, there is also a lot of competition.
[url=http://www.bountyhunteredu.org/school-listing/?state=Michigan][/url]
Michigan is one of only eight states in the entire country that do not require licensing in order to become a bail bondsman or bounty hunter. It is, however, a good idea to pursue training and education on one's own, as experience and familiarity with Michigan state law will go a long way towards building a career."

Bad Ass

Maybe he is in elite company, sounds like Michigan is the NFL for criminal types.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Cambodia is pretty hot, eh?

brawn tribe should have voted her out day 1. Pollard voting with his **** decimated the tribe.
Rudyjax
AG
Wow. That was intense.

I have to wonder why Peter, the ER doc wasn't helping with Cyndy.

I almost went with Caleb. He'll be back on the show or on a reality show with Tai.
Aggie_buster
AG
Can't stand a single person in the Brawn tribe.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.