***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,104 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
annie88
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Sh****dog's death bothered me more than any human being death since the Red Wedding.

(Rightful king of Westeros, Stannis the Mannis alive and presumed foraging for berries in the North)

I hated Gray Wind's death too. Shot down in a cage. Basterd Cowerd's! I wish Arya had gotten over there faster to let him out. I know it wasn't her fault, but wish she could've.
annie88
AG
quote:
quote:
By the way, Sansa was always a ***** to Jon. I find it interesting that she's now going to him for help.

She was a ***** to everyone
Sansa has changed a lot. She was very mentally strong in a way during the Joffrey days when she was still pretty young, in that she never did anything to completely get ****ed over or freak out in front of him or Cersei, as terrified as she was.

She got a little stronger during the Tyrion marriage, because he was gracious and she was lucky to get taken out of the city. But after going through the hell she has with fu**-head Ramsey, she's really been able to get a little tougher and I hope very soon, more revenge-minded. Just what she had to endure with him day after day shows she's strong in ways. Not everyone could've handled that.

She was terrified still when Theon was trying to help her escape before Brianne and Pod came along, but I think she would've killed herself rather than go back. She played it smart for a long time, but I think her anger will come out more and more. And having Brianne with her now will only boost this.

Gotta hand it to her being the little ***** she was in the first season and coming this far. I think they've developed her very well. I hope she gets a little piece of Ramsey at his death, but there will be quite a line for that ****er!

I just wish Arya, Sansa, Jon, Rickon and Bran will actually see each other at some point!
titanmaster_race
Absolutely. Sansa's character has undergone a huge change, and she's a pretty strong character at this point.

I was merely pointing out that Sansa ****ting on Jon Snow in Season 1 wasn't much different from how she treated most others.
Furlock Bones
AG
quote:
Absolutely. Sansa's character has undergone a huge change, and she's a pretty strong character at this point.

I was merely pointing out that Sansa ****ting on Jon Snow in Season 1 wasn't much different from how she treated most others.
true. but Sansa was also closer to her mother and so she treated Jon like her mother did.
titanmaster_race
Yep.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
She'll sure as hell treat him better now!
WoMD
Where do you guys see Sam going from here? He was sent by Jon, but Jon's obviously no longer in a position to benefit from Sam becoming a maester. Will he change directions somehow once he finds out about Jon? I feel like his loyalty to Jon will somehow supercede his devotion to the Nights Watch, while still keeping his oath. Otherwise his story is just a dead end. Or will his role be simply to give some background information to viewers only...?
Inspector Spacetime
AG
Well Sam did say he always wanted to be a Maester, so NW or no I think that's the route he goes. Only thing that gives me pause is that he's not going to probably have time to become a Maester by the end of the series.
annie88
AG
Oh yes, I understand, I've just been very pleased with Sansa's development as I called out at her a few times during season one to quit being the little prissy *****!
annie88
AG
So I guess, if Shag gydog is dead (and I hope he's not). We're only down to Summer, Nymeria and Ghost?

Lady got a raw deal too.
WoMD
quote:
Well Sam did say he always wanted to be a Maester, so NW or no I think that's the route he goes. Only thing that gives me pause is that he's not going to probably have time to become a Maester by the end of the series.

Exactly. And when he gets back Jon will have been long gone. Which is why I'm wondering if he ends up taking a different role. Besides, his role in the scenes of the show couldn't be just him sitting around studying. Otherwise he'll disappear from the show completely.
PatAg
AG
quote:
Dawn isn't valyrian steel.
Just double checked this and you are right. Something called milkglass, I just assumed it was since it was passed down to warriors who were worthy.
BowSowy
AG
quote:
quote:

Exactly. And when he gets back Jon will have been long gone. Which is why I'm wondering if he ends up taking a different role. Besides, his role in the scenes of the show couldn't be just him sitting around studying. Otherwise he'll disappear from the show completely.
Characters have got to start disappearing from the show if they hope to get this thing wrapped up. I'm guessing he either stays with the girl and her boy or he goes back to castle black. Either way, he won't get a ton of screen time.

Same thing is happening with other "fringe" characters that keep getting mentioned in this thread. I know it's fun to speculate and come up with theories about how they may be relevant but the truth of the matter is that most of them served a purpose in the show and are likely done (save for a quick cameo here and there).
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
Sam's presence is only necessary to show the happenings in Oldtown, in the book at least. With the Sand Snakes taking a different role in the show and the faceless man staying in Braavos, I'm not sure how Oldtown becomes relevant on the show.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Pretty sure he is going to end up learning something about dragons or the walkers maybe.
wangus12
AG
I thought it was pretty obvious Sam Tarly will sit on the Iron Throne. How can ya'll not see this
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
I thought it was pretty obvious Sam Tarly will sit on the Iron Throne. How can ya'll not see this
shows what you know.

Gilly is gonna take over Westeros just to prove she can.
MW03
AG
quote:
I thought it was pretty obvious Sam Tarly will sit on the Iron Throne.
Only if Sam and I have similar euphemisms for defecating.
annie88
AG
this tweet made me laugh...

Inspector Spacetime
AG
In Westeros, Olly is practically old enough to be tried as an adult. Compare it to girls being marriage material literally the day they have their first period.
G Martin 87
AG
Something is brewing in Oldtown in the books at least. Sam's role will be to uncover what the Maesters have been up to all this time.
wangus12
AG
Might be my biggest complaint through the whole series. In the books, there are way too many knight prodigies out there kicking ass at age 15
JJxvi
AG
I think in the show there are no characters older than 20 or younger than 40.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Might be my biggest complaint through the whole series. In the books, there are way too many knight prodigies out there kicking ass at age 15

Think of it as their video games....it's all they do from birth. they should be pretty damn good by 15.
titanmaster_race
quote:
I think in the show there are no characters older than 20 or younger than 40.

Lots of shot-out 40 year olds on the show

Post removed:
by user
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
can't wait for the scenes of Sam studying....alone....in a library.
Ol Jock 99
AG
People come ON! Oldtown, backstory on swords, the Riverlands...we already have a ton of storyline to wrap-up or combine. You can't put everything from ~10k of book into 75 episodes of TV.
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
People come ON! Oldtown, backstory on swords, the Riverlands...we already have a ton of storyline to wrap-up or combine. You can't put everything from ~10k of book into 75 episodes of TV.

Insofar as Sam's storyline goes, there is obviously more that is left to wrap up. They've gone to a lot of trouble to set up this side trip to Oldtown for both Sam and Gilly. Don't lump that in with truly minor plot details like Dawn and the Tullys. Sam's purpose involves much more than being Sam the Slayer. Maybe he only needs 15 more minutes of screen time to discover something useful to Jon, and then he can settle down with Gilly in Oldtown and open a Wings 'n' More.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
favorite GOT deaths:

10. Alliser Thorne - sorry dude, you don't do that to Jon
9. Meryn Trant - Arya brings the pain
8. Myranda - sadistic but hot, too bad she can't fly
7. Janos Slynt - useless ass kiss
6. Tywin - happy fathers day, grumpy old *******
5. Viserys - punk
4. Kraznys Mo Nakloz - don't be talking about the mother of dragons like that
3. Lysa - crazy B needed to die
2. Olly - little ****
1. Joffrey - evil incarnate

Worst GOT deaths - not in terms of being gory in terms of gut wrenching and mostly characters i liked (no direwolves included)

10. The Hound - if indeed he did die, he had some good qualities and he was funny
9. Renly - bad way to go, doesn't seem fair to be killed by something you can't defend yourself from
8. Ygritte - well it was inevitable but....come on Olly you little ****
7. Barristan Selmy - damn, he fought long and hard
6. Khal Drogo - tough SOB, that was not a good way to go for a warrior
5. Catelyn - oooof, thats a bummer, at least she took out a Frey
4. Shireen - seriously f'ed up, thanks dad
3. Robb - well remember that thing about betrayal, still terrible and watching Talisa die too with child. ugh
2. Oberyn - he was so cool, but he taunted and you never taunt
1. Ned - ugh, the ultimate man of honor

deaths i'm looking forward to

1. Ramsay
2. Cersei
3. The Sparrow just cuz too pompous
4. Tommen - just for seeing cersei suffer really, not a bad kid per se
5. Walder Frey - paybacks
6. The Mountain part II - cuz whoever kills him is badass
7. Ilyn Payne - cuz he killed Ned, still mad
8. Jaqen - just cuz again he is a badass assassin, so whoever takes him out, gonna be epic
9. Jorah - we know he is dying anyway, gonna be in some cool way for Dany i'm sure
10. Jaime - i don't really want to see him die unless its while choking Cersei out ala the prophecy
Pignorant
AG
Is it true Meryn Trant was killed because the actor in real life was dying of cancer?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Is Payne still even in the show? They basically have cut him out, correct?
The Dog Lord
AG
I wonder how long Sam would even need to forge a lot of his links as a maester. He already knows a lot about a lot, and he seems to be a good student if in his element.

I could definitely see him learning something or being approached by a character like Marwyn to derail the reason he thinks he is there. "Come with me Sam. We have been waiting for you. Much has been discovered, and time is of the essence." (Sam sighs) "I thought I was going to get to read and **** Gilly in peace."
marble rye
AG
quote:
Something is brewing in Oldtown in the books at least. Sam's role will be to uncover what the Maesters have been up to all this time.

Didn't a magic candle start burning at the Citadel or something when the dragons hatched? I may be confusing this with the Kingkiller Chronicles.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
No that is right. It's a glass candle I believe?
First Page Last Page
Page 54 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.