***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,077 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
TampaBayAg08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just FYI, Maisie Williams (Arya) asked the producers if Syrio was dead and they said yes. My take is Jaqen H'ghar was Syrio... He's been with Arya since the beginning of her journey.
redline248
AG
How did he escape Trant?
Post removed:
by user
Goose06
AG
quote:
quote:
Make sure you get the versions narrated by Roy Dotrice.
Does it get better? I listened to the sample and it seemed terrible.
Ha, I had the same thought.

I went ahead and paid $40 for the first book and will try it out. I didn't want to do audible and end up with a recurring $15/month subscription I forget to ever cancel...
TampaBayAg08
AG
Not sure, but he's a highly trained assassin with a god on his side. And he killed Lannister guys in Harranhal with Tywin Lannister around the corner. Dude is pretty skilled. We never got confirmation anywhere that Syrio was killed--so I just never assume anyone is dead until they're basically burning the body I could be wrong! But it just seems him and Arya are very connected... So it wouldn't surprise me if he was Syrio.
AggieHank86
AG
quote:
Just FYI, Maisie Williams (Arya) asked the producers if Syrio was dead and they said yes. My take is Jaqen H'ghar was Syrio... He's been with Arya since the beginning of her journey.
I am skeptical. Lord Eddard would certainly have checked references before hiring a tutor for his favorite daughter. A Faceless Man can obviously fake his appearance, but can he fake a lifetime history? As some random nobody, sure. But as the former military commander of the most-powerful of the nine Free Cities for YEARS? It would be like some guy walking into the palace in Pentos and claiming to be Tywin Lannister.

Then again, Ned did prove himself to be somewhat naive. Maybe Jaqen/Syrio walked up with a resume and Ned hired him on the spot.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I went ahead and paid $40 for the first book and will try it out. I didn't want to do audible and end up with a recurring $15/month subscription I forget to ever cancel...

Download the free app, Overdrive, then check out audiobooks for free from the library. If your library doesn't suck you can get most anything with little to no wait. If your library sucks, find a friend who lives in a better neighborhood and use their library card info. I listened to Dotrice narrate all five books.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
All that being said; If it does come down to a Trail by 7 - I expect there to be some odd people involved, some surprises, and nobody comes out happy with the result!

Something like Jon Snow fighting for Cersei and dying after he wins from some fatal wound sounds about right.
0% chance Jon Snow would fight to protect Cersei...
Agreed. In what world would Jon want to fight for the woman who let her son kill his "father", abuse his sister and whose family helped plot his brother's murder as well as kill loads of his friends.
pushed his brother out a window
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Download the free app, Overdrive, then check out audiobooks for free from the library. If your library doesn't suck you can get most anything with little to no wait. If your library sucks, find a friend who lives in a better neighborhood and use their library card info. I listened to Dotrice narrate all five books.
This. You can also usually find Kindle versions available at libraries.
redline248
AG
Besides Syrio about to be in a fight with a Kingsguard, the Kingsguard still being alive later, and what Aggie Hank said, it would be quite the use of foresight to get locked in the black cells and end up bound for the wall at the same time as Arya.
CapCityAg89
AG
By the way - there seems to be a ton of smoke around the idea that WoW might be released as early as this month. It's hard to believe there'd not be Amazon pre-sales if true.
bigbass1170
AG
What smoke?
Thomas Ford 91
AG
Here's the thing about R+L=J; it don't matter if R was married to L. This isn't about Jon having a right to the throne. It is about dragons. That dragon don't care about marriage. That dragon just knows jon has that awesome Targaryen blood flowing in his veins.

As for the Iron Throne, the only thing that matters is that Aerys and his sister-wife Rhaella produced the mother of dragons. That means Daenerys, Jon, and a player-to-be-named later can swoop in with 3 dragons and 100,000 screaming Dothraki and save all of us from Winter. Then, Daenerys can marry her sweet nephew Aegon and rule Westeros until the end of their days.

The first day on the Iron Throne they will legitimize Jon.
redline248
AG
I was just thinking "to hell with Aegon," but knowing Martin the first pov chapter will be him.
jenn96
AG
quote:
By the way - there seems to be a ton of smoke around the idea that WoW might be released as early as this month. It's hard to believe there'd not be Amazon pre-sales if true.
I'm not aware of anything from legit sources - I'd love a link to a site that isn't a fantasy version of Bleacher Report. GRRM's last official update made this seem very, very unlikely and he's never, in the history of ever, erred on the side of finishing early rather than late.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Have to go with everyone else. Syrio had too much history to be faked. He was the First Sword of Braavos. The best swordsman in Braavos and head bodyguard to the Ruler of Braavos before he retired.
Post removed:
by user
Hudson2508
AG
No way the book is released this month.
PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Have to go with everyone else. Syrio had too much history to be faked. He was the First Sword of Braavos. The best swordsman in Braavos and head bodyguard to the Ruler of Braavos before he retired.
Also, just because the show runners told a little girl Syrio was dead, doesn't mean he is dead.

It's likely he is dead, but that wouldn't be a reason I would cite.
marble rye
AG
quote:
Can someone explain the Howland Reed / High Sparrow theory? Is there any evidence supporting that?

If true, was it all an elaborate plot for revenge for Ned Stark?

Go research it on GOT-devoted message boards. I believe in this theory.
marble rye
AG
quote:

Is anyone else kinda over reading the remaining books? If I know how the story is progressing, I don't care to read 20 pages describing the garb of Cersei while she waits for Tommen to visit.
marble rye
AG
quote:
Here's the thing about R+L=J; it don't matter if R was married to L. This isn't about Jon having a right to the throne. It is about dragons. That dragon don't care about marriage. That dragon just knows jon has that awesome Targaryen blood flowing in his veins.

As for the Iron Throne, the only thing that matters is that Aerys and his sister-wife Rhaella produced the mother of dragons. That means Daenerys, Jon, and a player-to-be-named later can swoop in with 3 dragons and 100,000 screaming Dothraki and save all of us from Winter. Then, Daenerys can marry her sweet nephew Aegon and rule Westeros until the end of their days.

The first day on the Iron Throne they will legitimize Jon.

You mean Tyrion?
Zeke1995
AG
quote:
Make sure you get the versions narrated by Gilbert Gottfried.

FIFY
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
We never got confirmation anywhere that Syrio was killed
Yes, we did. Why does everyone ignore GRRM when he says that Syrio didn't survive?
Ol Jock 99
AG
The story has enough rabbitholes without inventing new ones.
CapCityAg89
AG
quote:
quote:
I'm not aware of anything from legit sources - I'd love a link to a site that isn't a fantasy version of Bleacher Report. GRRM's last official update made this seem very, very unlikely and he's never, in the history of ever, erred on the side of finishing early rather than late.

I'm not attesting to the sources, but Google "Wnds of Winter release date" and there are multiple sources saying the manuscript is at the publisher. I'm not claiming any type of special info - just those results.

Of course the Internet would never lie to me.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm not attesting to the sources, but Google "Wnds of Winter release date" and there are multiple sources saying the manuscript is at the publisher. I'm not claiming any type of special info - just those results.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
I am skeptical. Lord Eddard would certainly have checked references before hiring a tutor for his favorite daughter. A Faceless Man can obviously fake his appearance, but can he fake a lifetime history? As some random nobody, sure. But as the former military commander of the most-powerful of the nine Free Cities for YEARS? It would be like some guy walking into the palace in Pentos and claiming to be Tywin Lannister.

Then again, Ned did prove himself to be somewhat naive. Maybe Jaqen/Syrio walked up with a resume and Ned hired him on the spot.

Unless Syrio is dead because he went to the House of Black & White and gave up his body after he retired as commander but before the events of ASOIF. Then his warlord background is legit, and the manyfaced God order has his likeness to use, a la Jaqen Hghar.

Therefore the show writers are correct, Syrio is dead. GRRM is not lying, Syrio did not survive. It just happened to be that he gave his body up at the House of B&W... and now his story and his face are being used.
redeyefry
Changing faces doesn't make you grow 6-8 inches. I've never understood this theory.

[url=.html][/url]

[url=.html][/url]
G Martin 87
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

How about GRRM?

http://grrm.livejournal.com/tag/the%20winds%20of%20winter
quote:
Look, I've said before, and I will say again, I don't play games with news about the books. I know how many people are waiting, how long they have been waiting, how anxious they are. I am still working on WINDS. When it's done, I will announce it here. There won't be any clues to decipher, any codes or hidden meanings, the announcement will be straightforward and to the point. I won't time it to coincide with Xmas or Valentine's Day or Lincoln's Birthday, the book will not rise from the dead with Jesus on Easter Sunday. When it is done, I will say that's it is done, on whatever day I happen to finish.

I don't know how I can make it any clearer.

Last update on TWoW:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/465247.html
quote:
But no, I can't tell you when it will be done, or when it will be published. Best guess, based on our previous conversations, is that Bantam (and presumably my British publisher as well) can have the hardcover out within three months of delivery, if their schedules permit. But when delivery will be, I can't say. I am not going to set another deadline for myself to trip over. The deadlines just stress me out.

I am going back to my stance from last March, before all this. It will be done when it's done. And it will be as good as I can possibly make it.

He's been writing more about film festivals, Puppygate at the Hugo Awards, the NFL Draft, and Gardner Dozois lately than actually working on the book.

So when will it be published? It won't be a secret. When he announces that it's done, count ahead 3 more months.
titanmaster_race
The rumors about WoW releasing this month seem to be based on a recent GRRM interview in which he states that the book will have a speedy publication and will be done "as soon as possible".

I would bet some crap website started the rumor as click bait, and it's slowly gathered steam as book readers, starving for any news, eagerly latch onto a glimmer of hope that the book will be published sometime soon.
plowboy1065
S
quote:
quote:
Can someone explain the Howland Reed / High Sparrow theory? Is there any evidence supporting that?

Not completely sure of the history but wouldn't Jamie know who Howland Reed is?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:

Is anyone else kinda over reading the remaining books? If I know how the story is progressing, I don't care to read 20 pages describing the garb of Cersei while she waits for Tommen to visit.

ummmmm......no.

i watched seasons 1 and 2 before reading the books and still loved them.

then i read books 1 and 2 and 3.

then i watched season 3.

then i read book 4 and 5

then i watched seasons 4 and 5 and now 6.

i love both personally.
Icecream_Ag
S
quote:
quote:
We never got confirmation anywhere that Syrio was killed
Yes, we did. Why does everyone ignore GRRM when he says that Syrio didn't survive?
because we hate you for killing "insert favorite here"
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not completely sure of the history but wouldn't Jamie know who Howland Reed is?
I don't think anyone, including the Starks (besides Ned) have seen Howland in a very long time. Greywater Watch is basically a floating castle that is almost impossible to find.
First Page Last Page
Page 46 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.