***Official GAME OF THRONES Season 6 (BOOK READERS/SPOILERS ALLOWED)***

841,397 Views | 6639 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by hunter2012
Gerald Tarrant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
quote:
Looks like TOJ huh?
I must have not been paying attention. What was shown that suggests this?
There was a scene that was definitely a young Eddard (listen to the voice even) with other knights (Howland Reed, etc.) about to fight some other knights (Rhaegar presumably).

It's his KG, not Rhaegar himself, IIRC. LC Gerold Hightower, Arthur Dayne, I forget the third... he sent lyanna there with them to guard her
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Looks like TOJ huh?
There was a scene that was definitely a young Eddard (listen to the voice even) with other knights (Howland Reed, etc.) about to fight some other knights (Rhaegar presumably).

It's his KG, not Rhaegar himself, IIRC. LC Gerold Hightower, Arthur Dayne, I forget the third... he sent lyanna there with them to guard her

you're right, my bad. he died before at the Trident. sorry. but yes, the KG there. he left to guard her.
10Aggie10
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Looks like TOJ huh?

Not Rhaegar. That would be the three Kingsguard (Hightower, Dayne, Whent).

Don't you know anything about your own momma and daddy? (And your own probable birthplace?)
Gerald Tarrant
I just love that they seemed to have kept the awesome dialog

"Now it begins."
"No. Now it ends."
AgLaw02
AG
The knights are wearing the Targaryan sigil.
Gerald Tarrant
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Looks like TOJ huh?

Don't you know anything about your own momma and daddy? (And your own probable birthplace?)

To be fair, he's Zombie Jon Snow. His momma and daddy are Melissandre and the Lord of Light
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

quote:

see above... i corrected.

but no...they never told me anything. my dad was going to tell me but then he got his head cut off...and mom well she was dead so....yeah....being a Stark is rough.

i only know what i've gleaned from looooong conversations with maester aemon and freakin Sam and all those damn books he reads and then bores me about.
AggieSouth06
The next episode is called "Oathbreaker." Jon's days as LC are over.
10Aggie10
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Wow. They definitely are going somewhere daaaaarrrrk with resurrected Jon. That ritual was very clearly bad juju.
Why's that?
canadiaggie
AG
quote:
Could have something to do with Brienne's sword too, as it's titled Oathkeeper
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Edit: meant to be a thumbs up.

I was hoping they would try and burn Jon, and prove he was a Targaryean once and for all, but it makes sense to hold back so that the TOJ scene shocks all the dummies over on the other thread.
Why do you continue to make these kinds of posts?
titanmaster_race
quote:
quote:
Wow. They definitely are going somewhere daaaaarrrrk with resurrected Jon. That ritual was very clearly bad juju.
Why's that?

The foreboding music, and melisandre being averse to trying to ritual (although that could have been because she didnt believe it would work).

I could be wrong, but i got the feeling there is a very dark price to be paid for bringing him back.

Either way, cant wait to watch it play out!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly I think that may have been a top 5 (definitely top 10) episode. Even before the last scene, so much great stuff happened.
PatAg
AG
Or something with Ned not keeping his promise to Lyanna, in reference to Jon?
BallerStaf2003
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh and Tyrion is totally a dragon rider.

yeah...he certainly could be seeing as how they trust him.

question is - does this lend credence to Tyrion being a Targ theory and thats why they did not harm him??????

That's kind of what I was thinking but I'm not good at this game.

It's obvious Tyrian is a Targaryen. All three of their mothers died at childbirth. Jon, Daenerys, and Tyrion.
BallerStaf2003
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Oh and Tyrion is totally a dragon rider.

yeah...he certainly could be seeing as how they trust him.

question is - does this lend credence to Tyrion being a Targ theory and thats why they did not harm him??????

what's the theory exactly? did Tywin supposedly cheat on Joanna with a Targaryen (and if so who?), and that's the real reason he hated Tyrion so much?

No, the mad king raped tywins wife.
ja86
AG
Ned would never NOT keep his promise. That is what Ned does... and why he has no head.
BallerStaf2003
AG
Am I the only one that doesn't think Melisandre resurrected Jon? Could it have been bran? I'm just so tired of Melisandre being such a focal point.
Greeze06
AG
Yes, you are the only one.
ja86
AG
quote:
Am I the only one that doesn't think Melisandre resurrected Jon? Could it have been bran? I'm just so tired of Melisandre being such a focal point.

Why? You don't like nice titties?
PatAg
AG
quote:
Ned would never NOT keep his promise. That is what Ned does... and why he has no head.
Unless he was supposed to tell him who his real mother was before having his head chopped off. I know the show never showed it, but he did write a letter to Jon in the books...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
A little ironic though that the sword, Oathkeeper, is on its way to Castle Black with his half-sister/cousin.

Wait, wait, wait.... If Jon and Sansa are just cousins.... Well... Hmmmmm...
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
i loved all the references to killing Jon in this episode.....too funny.....or what Jon would do to theon, etc....

nobody knows a damn thing yet....which brings up the point....will they?

will jon just claim he was just resting? lol

will the rest of the world even know he was dead briefly? i guess i'm thinking they will because he needs to use that to leave the NW anyway and be honroable still....or does he NGAF since you know he's been dead already.

mikefromdilley
AG
quote:

Agreed. Her conjuring up the ability to resurrect a dead body seems to come from way out in left field. She was in awe of Thoros when she saw what he could do. She's literally hundreds of years old and this is the first time she's ever executed such a powerful feat. To me, it's akin to an aspiring pianist sight-reading Beethoven during their first lesson.
BallerStaf2003
AG
quote:
quote:

Agreed. Her conjuring up the ability to resurrect a dead body seems to come from way out in left field. She was in awe of Thoros when she saw what he could do. She's literally hundreds of years old and this is the first time she's ever executed such a powerful feat. To me, it's akin to an aspiring pianist sight-reading Beethoven during their first lesson.

That, and I'm tired of her being such a focal point of the story. Bran should have considerable powers. I dunno.

Her character has gotten way too big for the story, especially compared to the books.
redline248
AG
When Sansa and Theon were hugging I thought to myself "They better not fall in love, Theon doesn't deserve Winterfell." Then I remembered his time with Ramsay and thought, "oh well not like it matters."

By the way, from the preview scene, someone telling Ramsay "I brought you a gift," my money is on Theon being recaptured.
redline248
AG
I'll chime in and say the resurrection scene came off as a little odd. I kept thinking it wasn't going to work, they needed something else...Mel aging in front of everyone as Jon woke up, or burning his body first, or something. I suppose it's possible that it was intended to be vague in just how he came back.

Not sure what this means for the theory of him being Azor Ahai. Although, now that I think about it, Dany is probably Azor Ahai, since she sacrificed Drogo to hatch the eggs (and sort of sacrificed her child to save Drogo from death).

Malcolm52
AG
I guess I am in the minority, but a lot of today's scenes seemed pretty cheesy to me.

1. Tyrion's whole dragon whisper bit. I know that eventually we we going to get there, but it was weak to me. Especially the "punch me in the face part"

2. Nobody in Winterfell ever questioning Ramsey. He is less cunning in the show, more over the top.

3. The Mel/resurrection scene was weak. Davos pleading with her, all her insecurities, etc.

I dunno, I'm glad they are pushing forward, but I was underwhelmed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Jon is Azor Ahai. Mel saw him in the flames when she asked to see Azor Ahai.
Post removed:
by user
ja86
AG
quote:
I guess I am in the minority, but a lot of today's scenes seemed pretty cheesy to me.

1. Tyrion's whole dragon whisper bit. I know that eventually we we going to get there, but it was weak to me. Especially the "punch me in the face part"

2. Nobody in Winterfell ever questioning Ramsey. He is less cunning in the show, more over the top.

3. The Mel/resurrection scene was weak. Davos pleading with her, all her insecurities, etc.

I dunno, I'm glad they are pushing forward, but I was underwhelmed.

I kinda agree, but it is a TV show and they have a limited amount of time to tell the story, short cuts are a given.
BallerStaf2003
AG
I agree.
KidDoc
AG
No mention of the old guy in the tree quoting Patch face about staying under the sea?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
titanmaster_race
This. I imagine there is a ton of story to tell this season, so unfortunately they cant spend an entire episode on JS coming back to life to give it the true showing it deserves. That's where the books (if GRRM ever publishes another) come in.
First Page Last Page
Page 37 of 190

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.