All-female Ghostbusters has been cast.

24,251 Views | 183 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TajMaballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Genuinely excited for this movie! Feig is one of my favorite directors and McKinnon has been on a Steph Curry-esque run on SNL this season.

Professor Frick
AG
I think Feig is a very good director, but after seeing Spy the other night, I'm more than a little worried that he also wrote Ghostbusters...
redd38
AG
Spy was funny
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
Spy was funny

Funniest movie I've seen in awhile.
Professor Frick
AG
Yeah, that's what I kept hearing so I was excited to see it. It was definitely fun and entertaining, but I don't think I laughed once.
swimmerbabe11
quote:
temporary side bar but wait- 12 Monkeys the show is not just a drawn out reboot of the movie? I loved the movie but have been ignoring the show because I do not think the original can be improved.

The 12 Monkeys TV show is really good.

Or at least, I am really enjoying it.
bearamedic99
AG
Don't tell me that; I don't have enough time for all the tv I do want to watch.

One a side note, I continue to warm to the thought of this cast, especially Kate, and even Leslie. I think they were very smart to release the cast names early and allow the outrage to heal.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I think the reason this I don't see this being good is that I don't care that there are women in it. The people making it care that there are women in it. When your whole casting is set up as away to further a political agenda, then I usually don't find those movies entertaining.

Plus the casting in the original was so legendary, it was a bunch of comedians at the top of the food chain. Kristen Wiig might be in the top 5 for women comedians. McCarthy might be top 10. In the grand scheme of things, these names are just not a huge draw.
Al Bula
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.