*** DC Extended Universe ***

806,720 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 7 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh, hey... here's a 4-MINUTE Justice League trailer...

SeattleAgJr
FL_Ag1998 said:

Couldn't agree more. They're just trying too hard.
TCTTS is very much correct here. This was made to look in the style of Alex Ross.

I do not like it, but that was the inspiration.
SeattleAgJr
Looks good for the most part.
Still hate the movies cannot do CGI physics right, and given people the correct weight in action scenes ((see Aquaman crashing through the building on the parademon).

still annoyed no Superman in the promotional material.

it is NOT a secret he is in this.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

I actually don't hate it. And the imagery is obviously Alex Ross inspired, which is pretty cool...

The imagery is fine (and very Alex Ross, good call) but the type is first year design student.
SeattleAgJr
remember the lame icons on the QuickTime movies in MoS.
M.C. Swag
AG
WHY do they insist on showing everything?!
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

Reboot already. Nice.

Also, YOUR FIRST FLASH MOVIE CAN'T BE FLASHPOINT BECAUSE NONE OF THE CHARACTERS HAVE ANY HISTORY TO CHANGE.
rhutton125
AG
http://screenrant.com/harley-quinn-vs-joker-movie-spinoff/

Make that 16 films in "development"?
Olsen
AG
At this point, I'm curious to know what role Superman will have in the JL movie.
M.C. Swag
AG
100% superman plays the role of deus ex machina.

The plot is so telegraphed by all these trailers. The newly formed JL will have their hands full and be on the brink of losing/destruction until Supes shows up at the last min to save the day. He'll prolly destroy/retrieve/bury whatever the McGuffin is and Steppenwolf will escape to warn Darkseid that more DC movies are coming.

^if it doesn't play out like that, Id be shocked.
fig96
AG
Batman plans are far more interesting to me than the rest of the DCEU:
http://comicbook.com/2017/07/22/geoff-johns-dceu-batman-universe/
AliasMan02
AG
Credit where credit is due. The trailer is pretty good. I mean, the action scenes look completely stupid, overly CGId garbage. But the characters all look interesting and there's some much-needed comedic element. The idea of Earth being an unprotected world makes some sense. Sarcastic hobo king Aquaman looks to be a potential favorite.

They've also painted themselves into a very tiny corner with their use of slow-motion on EVERY scene up until now, because it totally kills that device for demonstrating Flash's speed. When everyone fights in slomo, Flash isn't differentiated in any way when he fights the bad guys. Also, this trailer AGAIN makes the ask the question, does Wonder Woman have super speed? Because it sure looks like she does when she is dodging bullets in slow motion. Her power set is all over the place.

Then again, they've already told us that they're gonna reset a bunch of this by announcing Flashpoint, so that kills some of the buzz this could create.
Dro07
AG
The first flash is about effing up timelines! BRILLIANT! That won't confuse the crap out of people
TCTTS
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
If it does come down to Affleck leaving the franchise, it could be a blessing in disguise. By promoting Dick Grayson/Jason Todd/some other Robin (one of them is dead in this universe, right?) to either take over the Batman mantle or play Nightwing or whatever, we wouldn't be trapped with the same Bruce Wayne vengeance for the parents drama we are all really used to at this point.
toucan82
Yeah, I would rather see Jason Todd revenge for my own death drama
TCTTS
AG
Why night just announce this at Comic-Con? Why wait three days?

SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Well, this either is or isn't a big surprise: "The Shallows" director Jaume Collet-Serra has decided to pass on Suicide Squad 2. Instead, he's going to be doing Disney's "The Jungle Cruise" (!) with Dwayne Johnson.

DC just can't catch a break.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Early cut of Justice League deemed "unwatchable" by WB executives. Ugh.

Looks like, if there is any hope that this movie even turns out to be mediocre, it'll be due to Joss Whedon's reshoots. Sounds like everything Snyder did was crap.....go figure.

The movie comes out in three months and they are going to be doing even more extensive filming. Is there even time to save this film?
rhutton125
AG
I saw an IGN article saying that the reshoots were to "change the tone" of Cyborg. I assume they want to make him into something less bland and dark and sassy.
AliasMan02
AG
Quote:

there have been rumblings that David Sandberg's Shazam movie a film that's seemingly much more light-heartened when compared to the rest of WB's superhero output is next in line to enter production ahead of its debut in the early stages of 2019.

WB exec: Alright, team, it's been a tough road, but we finally have a full cast of heroes introduced to the world. Multi-movie contracts signed for our actors. Millions in marketing so people have a baseline about who guys like Aquaman and Cyborg are. What movie do we want to do next after Justice League?

WB team: How about we leave all of those characters on the shelf and instead do a Shazam movie?
Hulla Baller
AG
Too bad they can't change how stupid he looks too.
YouBet
AG
They probably want to change the tone of Cyborg because his character has a big bag of nothing. Shoudnt even be included. Would rather see the Wonder Twins.
JuliusCaesarAggie
I f***ing hate Warner Brothers
AliasMan02
AG
JuliusCaesarAggie said:

Disney should buy DC
JuliusCaesarAggie
Funny you say that. I just watched this video on YouTube about the halted 2007 George Miller Justice League movie. Sounds like it could have been pretty great and it might have upstaged Iron Man and put a wrench in rise of Marvel and their current movie superhero domination.

AggieLitigator
As long as Snyder is out going forward it will be better
Olsen
AG
AliasMan02 said:

JuliusCaesarAggie said:

Disney should buy DC
If Disney buys DC, then there would be a possibility for a Marvel/DC crossover movie.
AliasMan02
AG
JuliusCaesarAggie said:

Funny you say that. I just watched this video on YouTube about the halted 2007 George Miller Justice League movie. Sounds like it could have been pretty great and it might have upstaged Iron Man and put a wrench in rise of Marvel and their current movie superhero domination.

I always wanted this movie to get made. Miller wouldn't let Hammer hang out or train with the other cast members to keep Batman isolated from the group. Just that level of commitment made me think great things were possible.
rhutton125
AG
Possible, but Jared Leto didn't hang out with the cast of Suicide Squad either.
AliasMan02
AG
LOLOLOLOL

WB to start making movies outside of their DCEU, starting with a Joker origin movie.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/403467-the-joker-origin-movie-in-the-works-at-warner-bros-and-dc#/slide/1

Look, this is actually something I've called for... the return to serials. Unrelated adventures that stand alone. But first, there's no way this happens. And second, this is such a clear reaction to their failing cinematic universe and the hatred for Leto in particular.
TCTTS
AG
More to the story...

Either way, WTF is WB doing????? They're going to have TWO Jokers / two different iterations going at the same time? Don't get me wrong, a Scorsese-produced Joker movie sounds flat out AMAZING, but then why keep forcing Leto's version into these other properties no one gives a sh*t about? Who are these people clamoring for Suicide Squad 2 and Gotham City Sirens? I just don't get it.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like WB is attempting their version of what Disney/Lucasfilm is doing with "saga" and "spin off" Star Wars movies, only the "spin off" movies in the DC world are literally part of an alternate/separate universe and not connected in any way the main storyline movies. Some are speculating that with this strategy, if Affleck does drop out, WB can still continue the main storyline without Batman, but then recast Batman in this alternate/separate universe.
TCTTS
AG
All that said, I still can't get over how awesome this sounds...

Quote:

The intention is to make a gritty and grounded hard-boiled crime film set in early-'80s Gotham City that isn't meant to feel like a DC movie as much as one of Scorsese's films from that era, like Taxi Driver, Raging Bull or The King Of Comedy.

I actually LOVE the idea of these stand-alone iterations and maybe even bringing Batman into this Scorsese Joker world in future iterations, but doing these at the same time as the main movies seems so insane to me. Audiences are going to be so confused...
AgMarauder04
AG
I didn't mind SS, and I'll put it in HBO Now if I need some background noise....but Leto's joker is AWFUL. Vomit inducing.
First Page Last Page
Page 64 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.