*** DC Extended Universe ***

814,885 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by TCTTS
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
dromo07 said:

nope he is Lex just a variation like they did with the Joker and super man. He is just a Zuckerberg Lex Luthor instead of the old school variation of Lex. I think if I remember correctly they said something about his dad Lionel dying in 2000 but I maybe confusing it with something else. I mean its not far fetched on how they have screwed up the characters... take Jimmy Olsen for instance as well.
We watched MoS the other night so my wife could get caught up on the movies that came pre-WW in prep for JL. When the bad guys shot Jimmy Olsen, my wife was like "Wait..did they just...what???"
fig96
AG
MooreTrucker said:

dromo07 said:

nope he is Lex just a variation like they did with the Joker and super man. He is just a Zuckerberg Lex Luthor instead of the old school variation of Lex. I think if I remember correctly they said something about his dad Lionel dying in 2000 but I maybe confusing it with something else. I mean its not far fetched on how they have screwed up the characters... take Jimmy Olsen for instance as well.
We watched MoS the other night so my wife could get caught up on the movies that came pre-WW in prep for JL. When the bad guys shot Jimmy Olsen, my wife was like "Wait..did they just...what???"
That was the most genuinely confusing use of an iconic character I've seen in some time.

Ya know Jimmy Olsen, the Daily Planet photographer since the beginning of Superman? He's a warzone photographer now. Nope, I meant CIA agent. Doesn't matter, he's dead.

Also just found these, which just makes it all the more confusing:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jimmy-Olsen-Had-Major-Moment-Batman-V-Superman-Whether-You-Realized-It-Or-120707.html
https://moviepilot.com/posts/3982632

MooreTrucker
AG
fig96 said:

Also just found these, which just makes it all the more confusing:
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jimmy-Olsen-Had-Major-Moment-Batman-V-Superman-Whether-You-Realized-It-Or-120707.html
https://moviepilot.com/posts/3982632

The version I just watched was (I guess) the extended version, so this made me laugh....

Quote:

If you've seen Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, did you connect the photographer in the desert to Jimmy Olsen? (Only one of us around here made that link, and it certainly wasn't me.)
He actually introduced himself to Lois (who really should have know him before that, if they were being true to the comics).
JuliusCaesarAggie
I mean personally, when I first saw BvS, I was really hoping to see Superman's pal Jimmy Olsen brutally murdered execution style
TCTTS
AG
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

This is one that wasn't even announced yet, right?

Yet we've got Matt Reeves' Batman and Joss Whedon's Batgirl, along with a Flash film that can't find a director, just hanging out?
TCTTS
AG
I don't think it was officially announced with a press release, but it's been hinted at for quite a while now.
fig96
AG
Gotcha, thanks. Interesting choice.
rhutton125
Sex Panther
AG
Just proves the power of the Rock

Also, I can't believe we're at a point now where we're getting a Shazam! movie
rhutton125
AG
Sex Panther said:

According to the IGN article, it's unknown at this time whether or not the Rock will be in the movie. Since he's getting his own spinoff film.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
rhutton125 said:

Sex Panther said:

According to the IGN article, it's unknown at this time whether or not the Rock will be in the movie. Since he's getting his own spinoff film.
I assume that this character is going to HAVE to be named Shazam and not his real name of Captain Marvel, seeing as how Marvel's in pre-production of a Captain Marvel movie?

I keep going over this in my mind, and all I can think about is a classic sketch from The State called "The Bearded Men of Space Station 11."

Couldn't find a Youtube clip, just a Vimeo clip

"We're doing a Shazam! movie!"
"Great! So The Rock will be the bad guy, right?"
"No, he's not confirmed for this, because he's already getting his own Black Adam movie."
".........but, he's the arch-nemesis of Shazam. Why would we not lead with him as the villain in the initial Shazam movie?"
"Because we're giving him his own spinoff movie."
"Spinoff from what? A movie that he's not even in?"
"Yes. He's getting his own film."
"........but Shazam will be in that, right?
"That's not confirmed yet. We may want to keep them separate."
"........but Black Adam is Shazam's arch-nemesis. That's like having a Joker spinoff movie and not acknowledging Batman."
"Funny you should mention that..........."
TCTTS
AG
The drama never ends...

MooreTrucker
AG
Comments in that article regarding Batman/Batmen and Dick Grayson made me think of a big difference in the DCEU and MCU. MCU has a continuity plan that they're following for many many years and movies, while DCEU is just a couple of shots here and there.

MCU started with Iron Man, which has had a couple of followups but also ties into the Avengers movies. And the other single hero movies....Thor, Ant-Man, BP, etc....do likewise.

DCEU had a good thing with the Nolan trilogy, and even finished it with an open-ended finale that could have led to more movies with JGL as Robin/Batman that led into BvS and JL. Instead, it just ended. And BvS/JL pick up with a different, older Batman that can't be sustained and has nothing to do with the Nolan movies.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

The drama never ends...

Oh COME ON.

This, with Matt Reeves directing, is the ONE DCEU film I really wanted to see.
Murder Hornet
AG
I have to think folks at Marvel that have helped build the MCU take secret pleasure every time DC slaps itself in the face stepping on a rake. Kind of like us laughing at tu for the last few years.

TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
/obligatory

"Hello, darkness my old friend....."

Seriously, this one page of this thread makes me hate DC so much. Reading just this one page of this huge thread tells you how much of a sh*tshow they are running right now.

"Let's make the iconic Jimmy Olsen a CIA operative and execute him seconds later."
"Let's make a Shazam movie, but not put in his arch-nemesis....who just happens to be played by the biggest star in Hollywood."
"Let's take a likable actor (and Oscar winner), cast him as Batman where he'll be well-received, then forcibly nudge him (gracefully, I'm sure) out the door for no good reason after only two movies."

Did DC come to Comi-Con with the express intention of pi$$ing off all their fans? Because they're doing a bang-up job.
Sex Panther
AG
What a **** show
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

"Let's take a likable actor (and Oscar winner), cast him as Batman where he'll be well-received, then forcibly nudge him (gracefully, I'm sure) out the door for no good reason after only two movies."

Right there with you, save for that point. I should have provided a bit more context that the article didn't, but it sounds like Affleck straight up isn't doing well personally. In fact, he just dropped out of another big movie earlier this week as well. He's been to rehab fairly recently and it's apparently just not sticking. That said, he's going to be attending the WB panel at Comic-Con tomorrow, and isn't completely shying away from the spotlight, so I don't quite know what's going on with him. He may just finally be fed-up with the process, press, and baggage that comes from playing a high-profile superhero. Either way, this is most definitely Affleck's decision and not a play by WB to force him out. They want nothing more than to keep him in the cowl for as long as possible, from what I understand.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I can fully understand if Affleck wanted to bail. His Batman script was thrown out and who the hell knows what's happening with JL. The director has changed (for understandable reasons) and there are a ton of reshoots happening. This movie may be a disaster and Affleck knows it. Can you imagine having to go through that worldwide press tour for a sh*t movie twice in a row? He may be the one wanting to gracefully exit.
AliasMan02
AG
This is my favorite thing from the Affleck story:

Quote:

A source close to the project has told The Hollywood Reporter that "the studio is working on plans to usher out Affleck's Batman gracefully

So, not only are they going to push out Batfleck (or he's leaving... whichever it is), but they will then recast. Okay, DCEU, I'm with you. You need Batman for the DCEU to work.

Quote:

addressing the change in some shape or form in one of the upcoming DC films."

They're going to try and explain the recasting in-world instead of just replacing the actor!? They could abandon Bruce Wayne and promote Dick Grayson (or Azrael), but I think we all know they won't do that. We'll be down to a younger Batman who traveled through time, or some sort of miraculous reconstruction.

Never miss a chance to make a bad decision, DC.

Hopefully they'll just recast and move on.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Reminder that the WB panel at Comic-Con kicks off in exactly two hours. Look for a new Justice League trailer and potentially our first look at Aquaman, along with an announcement our two....

https://www.youtube.com/user/WarnerBrosPictures/videos
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

This screams "Ooh, Dave in marketing had a GREAT idea for the poster!"
TCTTS
AG
I actually don't hate it. And the imagery is obviously Alex Ross inspired, which is pretty cool...

SeattleAgJr
you have the S logo. but do not show superman, when EVERYONE knows he will be in the movie.
SeattleAgJr
Marvel has plenty of crap characters of their own, but by God, other than the main heroes, I really despise all of DCs 2nd and 3rd tier heroes.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
SeattleAgJr
and THAT is the way to bring in a new Batman!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG

SeattleAgJr
could just be famous last words.

he still has to sell this movie, so this is what you would expect him to say.

way too much smoke around this. yes, many stories get picked up from a single source and repeated making it look bigger than it is, but at this point only time will tell.

FL_Ag1998
AG
fig96 said:

TCTTS said:

This screams "Ooh, Dave in marketing had a GREAT idea for the poster!"

Couldn't agree more. They're just trying too hard.
First Page Last Page
Page 63 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.