*** DC Extended Universe ***

816,012 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oooh, good call.
swimmerbabe11
I forgot about Gambit.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Yeah, the timing on both those announcements are a little curious.....
canadiaggie
AG
Y'all may wanna check the reviews for Wonder Woman
jackie childs
canadiaggie said:

i think most of us are pretty excited about the reviews for Wonder Woman.

I've not read every single post on this thread, but the general vibe I get is that most of us really want DC to knock it out of the park. It's just that given their post-Nolan track record, they haven't given us much reason to expect that they would. and those failures have been compounded by Marvel's ability to deliver consistently good and enjoyable films.
fig96
AG
jackie childs said:

canadiaggie said:

i think most of us are pretty excited about the reviews for Wonder Woman.

I've not read every single post on this thread, but the general vibe I get is that most of us really want DC to knock it out of the park. It's just that given their post-Nolan track record, they haven't given us much reason to expect that they would. and those failures have been compounded by Marvel's ability to deliver consistently good and enjoyable films.
This.

I'd love to get a good Batman film in particular, but the overall DCEU universe building so far has been haphazard at best. By comparison Marvel has been methodical and precise while continuing to deliver really entertaining films.

There's some solid directors on board for some of DC's next projects, fingers crossed that WW is the start of some better storytelling to build on.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Just peed next to Aquaman!
TajMaballer
AG
TCTTS said:

I dig it!
MrPlow2010
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

There's a "did the water just get warmer?" joke here somewhere........
AgMarauder04
AG
http://movieweb.com/justice-league-movie-leaked-trailer-description/

Spoiler alert.

Rumor of what the next trailer will hold, shot by shot, including Return of Supes
SeattleAgJr
AgMarauder04 said:

http://movieweb.com/justice-league-movie-leaked-trailer-description/

Spoiler alert.

Rumor of what the next trailer will hold, shot by shot, including Return of Supes
is that reallya spoiler?
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

I really have no interest whatsoever in a solo Batgirl film.
TCTTS
AG
Nor do I. Whedon's always worth a shot, though.
AgMarauder04
AG
Moreso that the link contains a shot for shot summary of the trailer for anyone who wants to be surprised.
AgMarauder04
AG
This feels like DC reaching to show how progressive they are after Wonder Woman. That being said, there are way more compelling characters to do that then a female ripoff of another.
MooreTrucker
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

TCTTS said:

https://twitter.com/heroichollywood/status/877279900813721600I really have no interest whatsoever in a solo Batgirl film.

Batgirl is hot. I'll go see it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wonder Woman is about to become the highest grossing DCEU film domestically. (And with the lowest budget.)

Who could've seen that one coming?

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/showdowns/chart/?id=dcuni.htm
israeliag
AG
Rupert Wyatt to direct Green Lantern Corps?
fig96
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

TCTTS said:

I really have no interest whatsoever in a solo Batgirl film.
Believe I mentioned this a while back, but the Batgirl comic that rebooted a few years ago is actually really good

Barbara Gordon is a grad student at Burnside College with friends who work at tech startups. I think it could work well with a Buffy-esque tone from Whedon.
TCTTS
AG
CrazyDayDuck
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Wonder Woman is about to become the highest grossing DCEU film domestically. (And with the lowest budget.)

WW is now up to 350 mil domestically and 715 mil world wide.

That places the DCEU films at 3 billion globally.

Mucho dinero por DC y Warner Brothers.
SeattleAgJr
CrazyDayDuck said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

pretty sure they have not (yet) cracked $500 million profit from their 4 movies to date. WW will easily help them over this hump.
fig96
AG
CrazyDayDuck said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Might even get them to a break even point on the BvS marketing budget.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
TCTTS said:

I would love to see Reeves make a new Batman trilogy, but I'm not sure I'd want to watch one that had all the forced baggage of being part of the crappy DCU they're building.
Thanks and gig'em
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Will the goodwill from WW be enough to get JL over $1B? Would be the first DCEU film to do so.
rhutton125
AG
Doubtful, but anythings possible.

Two factors that may hurt or help:
1) Thor releases two weeks prior. That may not affect anyone, but if anyone is suffering from "superhero fatigue" and isn't a particular fan of one studio or the other, they may choose one and skip one. Probably not a huge deal.

2) There's jack **** for the two weeks after Justice League, including Thanksgiving weekend, but after that is Star Wars. So that's probably 3 really strong weekends in a row, which is more than most get, but then... Star Wars.

It may depend on word of mouth and reviews, but it's teed up for a pretty solid 3 weeks at least. Though I'm not sure how strong the Thanksgiving time is, traditionally, for films - that may play a small part as well.

Edit: actually FOUR weekends where JL has a good chance to go #1. There's a Pixar film the following week but I'd never heard of it - perhaps it or any of these other obscure films will pick up steam between now and then.
fig96
AG
rhutton125 said:

Edit: actually FOUR weekends where JL has a good chance to go #1. There's a Pixar film the following week but I'd never heard of it - perhaps it or any of these other obscure films will pick up steam between now and then.
Doesn't really matter, it's Pixar

It does help that it's not a huge release (though I think you'll know about it by the time it comes out), but any Pixar film is pretty much guaranteed at worst a $50m opening weekend.

Definitely won't help the JL box office but I think there's enough audience to go around till Star Wars
TCTTS
AG
Didn't know where else to post this, but awesome news regardless. Finally bought a 4K TV, and am so stoked to start watching 4K movies...

SeattleAgJr
The Merc may be filthier, but her B.O. is stronger. Congrats #WonderWoman . pic.twitter.com/jhP1hRAKlY

Deadpool Movie (@deadpoolmovie) July 11, 2017
Brick Tamland
Sorry if already discussed..

Watching Batman v Superman and had a thought..

Is it far-fetched that Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor is the son of the Lex Luthor we expected (the one from the comics/cartoon)? I can't stand him in this movie but it would make sense as to why he's not a huge dude and not bald until the end of the movie.

"My dad is the Lex in front of the Corp"
TCTTS
AG
Not to derail... but NINE YEARS AGO. Holy crap, time flies...

Dro07
AG
nope he is Lex just a variation like they did with the Joker and super man. He is just a Zuckerberg Lex Luthor instead of the old school variation of Lex. I think if I remember correctly they said something about his dad Lionel dying in 2000 but I maybe confusing it with something else. I mean its not far fetched on how they have screwed up the characters... take Jimmy Olsen for instance as well.
Dro07
AG
http://fortune.com/partners/lexcorp/108799/?prx_t=3dsBA58oDAXv0PA

Quote:

Referring to Alexander Luthor Sr. as a "good businessman" is not unlike calling Napoleon Bonaparte a "competent conqueror." The East German migr, who passed away unexpectedly in 2000, arrived on our shores with nothing, but managed to carve out an empire of oil and machinery. By all accounts, he accomplished this feat through sheer grit and ferocity. His enemies, of which there are many, would also probably add "viciousness."

So he died before Superman was superman so in essence Sr. wasn't the Lex Luthor that was superman villain and it is indeed Jr.
First Page Last Page
Page 62 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.