*** DC Extended Universe ***

800,437 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
AG
Agreed, re: Leto's Joker. So, so bad.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

From the article

Quote:

Finally, there was concern among fans that Jared Leto will not be a part of the project. Many fans considered him and Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn to be the best part of 2016's Suicide Squad.

Uhh.... what...the...effffffff
AliasMan02
AG
Just as a reminder, DC/WB has no creative teams assigned to movies that are supposed to further establish their core players: Flash, Cyborg, etc. but somehow THIS is gonna get made? Nope nope nope. Oh, and their Batman is bailing on their most important role.

If we stay on course, I'd expect tomorrow for there to be an announcement that Martin is just their "wish list" guy and they're still in talks. That's what usually happens.
TCTTS
AG
Harley Quinn... yes. Leto's Joker... hell no.
AliasMan02
AG
Everyone hated Leto's joker. That sounds like made-up clickbait to me.
TCTTS
AG
Scorsese is producing. There aren't "wish lists" for producers. It's whether or not the script is greenlit, but if it is, he's definitely attached as producer. Producers are usually the first people attached and the last to drop out.
AliasMan02
AG
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This movie isn't gonna happen, right?
Flashdiaz
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

TCTTS said:

From the article

Quote:

Finally, there was concern among fans that Jared Leto will not be a part of the project. Many fans considered him and Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn to be the best part of 2016's Suicide Squad.

Uhh.... what...the...effffffff
it's not saying much... the rest of suicide squad was awful.
TCTTS
AG
This is sooooo confusing.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

This is sooooo confusing.

Well that's faithful to comics at least
jbsj9698
AG
And yet the execs at WB continue to wonder how Marvel is running rings around them...
JuliusCaesarAggie
I'd like to reiterate my hatred for Warner Brothers
Dro07
AG
holy mother of all F's Warner Brothers.... Get your stuff together this is annoying.
AliasMan02
AG
What I hope happens next:

A bunch of DC-centric comics creators - they all work for both companies, but some best known for work on Batman, Superman, etc. - have had enough. They announce they are splitting off to do something new and exciting. They establish a new cinematic and comic book cross-media universe using original characters and stories. Then some of these characters start to supplant WB/DC in popularity and at the box office.
nickstro66
AG
AliasMan02 said:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This movie isn't gonna happen, right?
Is this how they're going to explain a new actor playing Batman when Batfleck leaves?
Sea Pony 07
AG
I want a Jason Todd kills the joker story line so badly, and I would love to see a Redhood and the Outlaws movie with Starfire and Arsenal.
TCTTS
AG
WHAT IS HAPPENING?????

sanitariex
AG
Just throwing stuff against the wall, hoping it sticks?
TCTTS
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
<inside the Warner Bros. boardroom>

"Hey, why don't we emulate what Marvel's doing? Create a linear universe by first establishing characters with their own origin stories, build up their fanbase, then move their storylines together where a teamup movie comes together organically? Hire good actors who will be devoted to their roles for numerous movies, hire writers and directors who will be given some leeway but know that they are a piece of a larger puzzle?

Maybe we should focus on our core characters before spinning off random tertiary characters into movies that don't advance the overall direction of the shared universe?"

TCTTS
AG
Sure, but why do so publicly? I truly cannot understand what is going on right now. Nothing about this announcement strategy makes any damn sense.
Sex Panther
AG
GOD DAMMIT

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GO PAY FINCHER WHATEVER AND MAKE A BATMAN: COURT OF OWLS MOVIE?!

TCTTS
AG
Over the past 24 hours, every single leak/release/announcement seems to contradict the last one, with zero explanation or focus. FOUR Joker appearances have been revealed over that time, across two different universes, combined with a super confusing Batman situation being made public as well. This almost feels like sabotage in a way. Never seen anything like it.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

FOUR Joker appearances have been revealed over that time, across two different universes

WB is aware that Heath Ledger is dead and can't appear in these right?

fig96
AG
Sex Panther said:

GOD DAMMIT

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE GO PAY FINCHER WHATEVER AND MAKE A BATMAN: COURT OF OWLS MOVIE?!

Man, if they want to do a true standalone Batfilm that would kill. But you and I have discussed this before.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Soooooooooo............

we've got

- a Batman movie that looks more and more doubtful ever gets made with Affleck.
- a Harley Quinn/Catwoman/Poison Ivy "Gotham Sirens" spinoff.
- a Harley Quinn/Joker movie written & directed by the EP's of "This is Us."
- a Joker movie from the "Hangover" guy.
(oh, and none of these four movies take place in the same universe as the Justice League movie, or even the other three movies)
- a Black Adam movie with no Shazam.
- a Shazam movie with no Black Adam.
- a Flash 'Flashpoint' movie dealing with the same basic plot as the entire last season of the popular CW show.

Who would have ever thought that Wonder Woman would be the most sane and stable character/franchise in the entire DCU?
TCTTS
AG
Great breakdown. Don't forget about a Joker appearance in Suicide Squad 2 as well.
TCTTS
AG
Is it weird that it STILL feels too soon nearly a decade later? His performance was that good and that iconic. I just don't understand the point of even trying again for another few years at least.
TCTTS
AG
PatAg
AG
I actually am still surprised that Leto didn't give a better performance, because I think he is an amazing actor. I know the visual direction isn't up to him, but I wonder how much the rest he was allowed to have influence on.
YouBet
AG
PatAg said:

I actually am still surprised that Leto didn't give a better performance, because I think he is an amazing actor. I know the visual direction isn't up to him, but I wonder how much the rest he was allowed to have influence on.

Well, there were the stories from him about how he said he was lied to and hoodwinked about the scope of his role in Suicide Squad.

So, it's also surprising to see he is still attached as the Joker in anything if he said all of those things. Regardless, he sucked as the Joker and I have zero interest in any movie with him in that role.

What a trainwreck.
Ag Since 83
AG
To me this feels like Justice League must be so bad that WB wants to pull the plug on the DCEU, but there are some pieces/actors from it that they don't want to lose: so they want to reboot Batman entirely, but they don't want to reboot Wonder Woman and lose what they've done with Gadot's character, for example.
Quad Dog
AG
This article is from February, how many half ideas for movies can be added now?
http://io9.gizmodo.com/heres-the-latest-on-all-17-and-counting-possible-upco-1792691855
Flashdiaz
AG
first bit of good news on JL redirection:

"a new rumor from Batman-On-Filmsuggests that with the film's new direction, Eisenberg's few scenes in the DC hero team-up film have now been cut."
First Page Last Page
Page 65 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.