*** DC Extended Universe ***

814,400 Views | 7643 Replies | Last: 8 mo ago by TCTTS
Vander
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Sex Panther said:

dave94 said:

Vander said:

Quote:

I am curious as to how feminists will react to Wonder Woman though. I am pretty positive that they will react very negatively towards it because Wonder Woman is very attractive and fit, which are both very problematic and ableist to them. "Why couldn't Wonder Woman be a fierce wymyn of size and color!"

Wonder Woman has always been attractive and fit, why do you think anyone will now make an issue of it? I don't know why this even comes to mind when talking about the movie.

Well there was an uproar from SJW's complaining that Iron Fist is played by a blonde haired, white guy and they should make him Asian... Even though Iron Fist is a blonde haired, white guy.

I think that the uproar will be similar to the Ghostbusters remake.' If you don't like it, you're sexist.'
I actually think it will be the exact opposite where feminists will hate the movie. The reason is because of Steve Sailer's law of female journalism: "The most heartfelt articles by female journalists tend to be demands that social values be overturned in order that, Come the Revolution, the journalist herself will be considered hotter-looking."

With regards to these issues, almost everything can be tied back to that statement. It's why I am almost certain that they will hate the movie because Wonder Woman is an attractive and fit woman who wears revealing clothing. I will be absolutely shocked if they like it.
wangus12
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Can we not all agree that this looks like the greatest Batman movie ever?
No because **** michael cera
MBAR
AG
dave94 said:

Vander said:

Quote:

I am curious as to how feminists will react to Wonder Woman though. I am pretty positive that they will react very negatively towards it because Wonder Woman is very attractive and fit, which are both very problematic and ableist to them. "Why couldn't Wonder Woman be a fierce wymyn of size and color!"

Wonder Woman has always been attractive and fit, why do you think anyone will now make an issue of it? I don't know why this even comes to mind when talking about the movie.
Seriously I don't get people who manufacture outrage like this.
Sex Panther
AG
MBAR said:

dave94 said:

Vander said:

Quote:

Seriously I don't get people who manufacture outrage like this.

That's what SJW's do
MBAR
AG
So what SJW was in this thread manufacturing the outrage? Because all I see is people in a thread about comic book movies complaining about feminist *****ing that has only occurred in their minds.

Can't you guys just focus on the comic book movie instead? I'm pretty sure thats why most people are in this thread.
TajMaballer
AG
Personally, people who complain about SJWs sound whinier than the SJWs they are making fun of.
rhutton125
AG
In this case it's preemptive SJW-complaining. I don't think we'll see much of it for WW, though I wouldn't be surprised if the film caters a little bit with the occasional "I don't need your protection" line and it ruffles some feathers around here.
rhutton125
AG
http://screenrant.com/dwayne-johnson-black-adam-movie-shazam-separate/

For those not keeping track, the DCEU slate has gone from:

Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Flash, Aquaman, Shazam (with the Rock as villain), Justice League 2

To

MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Flash (w/ no director), Aquaman, Shazam villain solo-film, all-female Suicide Squad spinoff, Batman solo film, Justice League Dark, Cyborg?, Shazam actual film, Justice League 2?

I can't keep up anymore. Villains get films and spinoff films before the heroes and teamups even come together
M.C. Swag
AG
rhutton125 said:

Man of Steel, BvS, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Flash, Aquaman, Shazam (with the Rock as villain), Justice League 2

To

MoS, BvS, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, Justice League, Flash (w/ no director), Aquaman, Shazam villain solo-film, all-female Suicide Squad spinoff, Batman solo film, Justice League Dark, Cyborg?, Shazam actual film, Justice League 2?

I can't keep up anymore. Villains get films and spinoff films before the heroes and teamups even come together
wut?....why?
Flashdiaz
AG
M.C. Swag said:

rhutton125 said:

To

wut?....why?
sounds like a terrible movie... Harley was the only good one and the rest sucked. I kept hoping for Katana to die.
TCTTS
AG
I think it's basically just going to be Harley leading a whole new, all-female team.
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS said:

I think it's basically just going to be Harley leading a whole new, all-female team.
well, half of me thinks this is a terrible idea and the bottom half can't wait.
fig96
AG
TCTTS said:

Correct, based on this comic:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gotham_City_Sirens

Although there's been talk of a SS2 in the works:
https://moviepilot.com/p/suicide-squad-2-movie-news-trailer-all-you-need-to-know/4093789
Vander
AG
TCTTS said:

They have been trying to separate Harley from the Joker for a while now in the comics. This is also a way for DC to handle the clearly abusive relationship Harley has with the psychopathic Joker. Not that this isn't realistic for the Joker because it is definitely something he would do, but it triggers the feminists hardcore and WB probably doesn't want that baggage.

A Black Adam solo movie could work because he is basically an antihero at this point, sometimes a good guy and sometimes not. Dwayne Johnson will absolutely nail this role, that's pretty much a guarantee. He's the perfect choice for Black Adam and probably DC's best pick after Jason Momoa for Aquaman.
rhutton125
AG
I just have to wonder what they're building toward. Initially that is Justice League, but what was once JL1 and 2 is now just one. Suicide Squad kind of sort of fleshes out the universe but I don't know when you'll see any of those characters again (including Joker, but with the exception of Harley). Justice League Dark in particular is a head-scratcher - I guess it could get cancelled eventually?

It just seems odd to me. It'd be like, if instead of building to the Avengers and then adding Guardians and then someday bringing them all together for Infinity War, if Marvel did... Iron Man, then Hulk, then Sinister Six, then Captain Marvel, Avengers, Thor, Black Widow solo film, Venom spin-off, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man solo film, Vision solo film, Jessica Jones, Avengers 2.

It's a bit like scope creep. Instead of solo films, accelerate to Justice League, finish the solo films for the team members, then another Justice League, we have spinoffs of spinoffs. Seems bizarre. Quit casting John Constantine and <insert obscure female antihero> and get a director for the Flash movie that supposedly comes out in 14 months.
fig96
AG
I think you're just seeing the lack of any driving force or bigger cohesive plan. The entire DCCU seems completely reactionary.

I just want that Batfleck directed Batfilm and I'll be happy.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
They'll scrap it and start over with a new direction if people stop turning out in theaters.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Aggie_Journalist said:

They'll scrap it and start over with a new direction if people stop turning out in theaters.

The only reason they've made it to this point without any coherent vision is exactly because people have already proven they'll go see these movies simply because its about Batman, or Superman, or whatever comic character DC decides next to throw to the masses. Even if they know the movie is bad, they'll go see it multiple times simply because they're fans of the characters. Unfortunately, the hope that people will stop going to these DC movies and provide a wakeup call to the makers is unrealistic.
wesag
AG
Hell yeah. Comic book movies and fan boys.
wesag
AG
rhutton125 said:

I just have to wonder what they're building toward. Initially that is Justice League, but what was once JL1 and 2 is now just one. Suicide Squad kind of sort of fleshes out the universe but I don't know when you'll see any of those characters again (including Joker, but with the exception of Harley). Justice League Dark in particular is a head-scratcher - I guess it could get cancelled eventually?

It just seems odd to me. It'd be like, if instead of building to the Avengers and then adding Guardians and then someday bringing them all together for Infinity War, if Marvel did... Iron Man, then Hulk, then Sinister Six, then Captain Marvel, Avengers, Thor, Black Widow solo film, Venom spin-off, Captain America, Guardians of the Galaxy, Spider-Man solo film, Vision solo film, Jessica Jones, Avengers 2.

It's a bit like scope creep. Instead of solo films, accelerate to Justice League, finish the solo films for the team members, then another Justice League, we have spinoffs of spinoffs. Seems bizarre. Quit casting John Constantine and <insert obscure female antihero> and get a director for the Flash movie that supposedly comes out in 14 months.

This post made my head hurt
wangus12
AG
I'm going to help all of you out. If you dislike the DC Cinematic Universe because WB is full of idiots who simply can't hardly do anything right, go watch the DCAU. Even the full length films are 100x better than anything live action they've put out.
rhutton125
AG
Sorry, went on a little rant there
fig96
AG
wangus12 said:

I'm going to help all of you out. If you dislike the DC Cinematic Universe because WB is full of idiots who simply can't hardly do anything right, go watch the DCAU. Even the full length films are 100x better than anything live action they've put out.
Truth. They aren't all perfect, but overall they're really good.

And we'll always have BTAS.
rhutton125
AG
Of the movies and shows on Netflix, which would you all recommend? There are too many to know which is best and which came first.
MooreTrucker
AG
rhutton125 said:

Of the movies and shows on Netflix, which would you all recommend? There are too many to know which is best and which came first.
We just got Netflix and have the same question. I know about Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Those are Marvel, though, right? What else?
TexasAggie_02
AG
MooreTrucker said:

rhutton125 said:

We just got Netflix and have the same question. I know about Daredevil and Jessica Jones. Those are Marvel, though, right? What else?
luke cage
wangus12
AG
Justice League and Justice League Unlimited are both good.

I'm not sure if any of the Batman tv series are on there.

I use Toonova to watch those series on my computer. Its basically an archive of most tv shows.

http://www.toonova.net/cartoon
fig96
AG
The Batman series is on Netflix but it's one of the newer ones that I haven't seen.

Batman Beyond used to be but appears to be gone, boo. The Justice Leage: War movie is pretty good as is Son of Batman.

If you've got Amazon Prime they have the entire run of Batman: The Animated Series which is well worth the watch.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.thewrap.com/hal-jordan-green-lantern-corps-tom-cruise-jake-gyllenhaal-ryan-reynods/
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

http://www.thewrap.com/hal-jordan-green-lantern-corps-tom-cruise-jake-gyllenhaal-ryan-reynods/

I doubt that WB had a sense of humor about Reynolds and his constant mockery of his GL film.

Tom Cruise is my choice if they'll make Xenu the villain.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I don't care if they put him in 4 inch heels, made all the other actors walk on their knees, and shot him from below the entire time, Tom Cruise is too short to be a superhero. I don't even believe him as a bad ass former military guy in Jack Reacher. Imagine him in a fight scene alongside Affleck, Cavil, Mamoa, and Gadot fighting The Rock...pretty sure they're all 6' or taller.....he'd look like a ****ing midget!
Sex Panther
AG
Tom Cruise is like 5'4". Put him on screen he looks like ****ing Yao Ming.

TCTTS
AG
There's no way Cruise does this movie. Also, as a reminder, this is just a wish list the studio put together. Talks haven't even begun with any of these actors yet. I can't see Reynolds going back after Deadpool, and Cooper already lost this role once, so I just can't see him doing it either. Out of this particular list, it would be either Armie Hammer, Gyllenhal, or McHale.
Sex Panther
AG
Gyllenhaal would be the home run
TexasAggie_02
AG
does this go here?

First Page Last Page
Page 49 of 219

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.