*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,818 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DVC2010 said:

I don't really agree with this. The thread exists because people are excited about the movies. That excitement is only going to grow for the next three weeks. Read at your own risk, of course, but I think it's reasonable to expect some courtesy regarding spoilers.
You can expect whatever the hell you want. Expect away. And yes, your expectation is reasonable. That doesn't change the fact that you should fully know that you're reading a thread where some a-hole could ruin it for you. It is completely out of your control. That's my point. So if anyone is really, truly, that concerned about spoilers, stay away.

Put another way, if someone stays on this thread daily and some nitwit posts spoilers, I'm not going to have any sympathy for anyone that complains. You knew it was very possible that would happen.
texasaggie04
AG
MooreTrucker said:

How about another shwarma scene to bookend the whole thing?

Given the possibility of time travel, I think it'd be cool if they had the same scene but then zoomed in to see a tiny ant man running around like he was always there.

And then we can all go back and rewatch the original and he would have been there the whole time as a tiny speck and nobody ever noticed.
MandoArms
https://cosmicbook.news/wolverine-black-panther-cinemacon-disney

Well this is interesting.
IG: mando_arms
jtstanley4621
AG
BrownCoat said:

https://cosmicbook.news/wolverine-black-panther-cinemacon-disney

Well this is interesting.
Hmmm... Isn't Jackman done with the role of Wolverine though?
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I think its safe to assume that all rumors about X-Men and F4 joining the MCU are pure fan speculation. They legally weren't allowed to even plan for the characters to be in the MCU until the deal closed in March, and with the way that Marvel has planned things out, it's doubtful they are just going to throw the characters in without really planning how to introduce them well. For example, Joss Whedon wanted to throw Captain Marvel in to Age of Ultron, and Feige wanted to have a real intro for her and not just add the random character because they could. I know everyone is excited to see what these characters could be like in the MCU, but I trust that Marvel is playing the long game with this and isn't about to pull a DC and try to just jam everyone together at once. They don't need to do that (they are making a billion dollars consistently on stand alone movies now) and it doesn't make sense long term when they can tease it out over several years and keep people interested.
TCTTS
AG
Part of the point of that Disney sizzle reel was to officially showcase the X-Men brand, not to literally say that *these* X-Men actors are coming to the MCU. Don't take it literally. In the very same presentation Disney/Fox ALSO finally confirmed that Dark Phoenix will, indeed, be the final X-Men movie in that universe/continuation. So yeah, this isn't anything to speculate over.
TCTTS
AG
Very well said.
jtstanley4621
AG
It would be weird to me at this point to see someone else other than Hugh Jackman as Wolverine honestly. It'll be interesting to see what happens if they bring the original X-Men to the MCU.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

I think its safe to assume that all rumors about X-Men and F4 joining the MCU are pure fan speculation.
It's basically become an internet meme at this point for fans to crap all over the X-Men movies and anything not conceived under the gentle but firm hands of Kevin Fiege. I keep seeing people (on other sites) posting about Marvel taking charge and "finally" getting those characters right, but as you said, Marvel has been planning its films out carefully, and I think it's highly unlikely that they would jump right into rebooting established characters.

Personally, I'm hoping they bring Magneto back to his authentic early comic book roots:

Realistically, I'd assume things will slow down for a bit while they count money from Endgame and Spiderman Homecoming.
MooreTrucker
AG
Why did you "spoiler" that?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
interesting thought:

What if Marvel treats the X-Men like they did the Avengers? Do a bunch of solo movies, then bring them all together for the team-up? They then eventually cross over into Avenging.
TCTTS
AG
wangus12
AG
PatAg
AG
I'd rather they just drop right into the X-Men universe. We don't need more origin stories for them, similar to Spider Man.
TCTTS
AG
I think that'd be fine as long as it was its own, contained universe, and probably what I'd want as well. But how do you do that if they've been existing in the world of the MCU all along? Seems like it'd require a lot of over-explaining as to where they've been and why we haven't seen them yet.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I guess now is the time to go dark to avoid spoilers. Disney premiered 10 mins of footage today.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
This entire thread is pure, hilarious gold. Prepare to waste an inordinate amount of time savoring every last clip and photograph. Seriously, this might be better and more endearing than any potential MCU marathon in the lead up to Endgame...

TCTTS
AG
(Just FYI, it's a 130-tweet thread in total. It's easy to scroll past and miss where you have to click to keep going.)
TCTTS
AG
Also, post your favorites in this thread for those who don't have the time to click through and watch every single one.
swimmerbabe11
TCTTS said:

Also, post your favorites in this thread for those who don't have the time to click through and watch every single one.

MAKE THE TIME
Olsen
AG
New Endgame scene:

Farmer1906
AG
I still don't like CM. I can't put my finger on just why.
John Matrix
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Yeah, that's kind of the way I feel about it. I liked it well enough last month, but the more I think about it, the sloppier it feels. It's not as bad as Thor 2 or IM2, but it's kind of in the same neighborhood.
John Matrix
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
I really enjoyed Captain Marvel until the end when she turned into Neo from the Matrix.
Farmer1906
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

I really enjoyed Captain Marvel until the end when she turned into Neo from the Matrix.

You mean when she went super sayien.
tysker
AG
I'm sure this has been asked already, but I still havent seen Captain Marvel but have tickets to Endgame opening weekend. Do I really need to see CM? I'm not sure I'll have (make) time and the character seems pretty bland to me. I've also seen all of AoS so I ave a pretty good grasp of the Kree. Or maybe should I just suck it up and read the CM thread and accept all the spoilers?
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

I'm thinking opinions on CM will change when we see her interact with the other avengers, especially Thor.
Beat40
Farmer1906 said:

I just watched the clip and Thor is so baller. I think he and CM's interaction is going to be awesome on the big screen.
TexasAggie_02
AG
tysker said:

I'm sure this has been asked already, but I still havent seen Captain Marvel but have tickets to Endgame opening weekend. Do I really need to see CM? I'm not sure I'll have (make) time and the character seems pretty bland to me. I've also seen all of AoS so I ave a pretty good grasp of the Kree. Or maybe should I just suck it up and read the CM thread and accept all the spoilers?
it's hard to say without seeing endgame.

On the face, it doesn't seem critical, b/c other than her being in endgame, nothing in her movie ties directly into it (that we know of). There's a certain mcguffin in capt marvel that might have some bearing (namely how she got her powers), or it may not matter at all.

At worst, going into endgame without seeing CM may spoil some CM plot. But from trailers/discussion you already know that CM takes place in the 90s, and that she is MIA until Endgame.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Well the rather cringy "you didn't have me" line doesn't help imo, but I agree with you. There's something that doesn't quite connect with me, but hopefully the Russo's can make her likable since she is apparently the future of the franchise.
tysker
AG
Makes sense. Thanks
MooreTrucker
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Farmer1906 said:

Well the rather cringy "you didn't have me" line doesn't help imo, but I agree with you. There's something that doesn't quite connect with me, but hopefully the Russo's can make her likable since she is apparently the future of the franchise.
That's the same feeling I get. She seems unnecessarily cocky to me, which goes to that "woman power" vibe from CM and her comments and all that.
First Page Last Page
Page 371 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.