*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,291,290 Views | 26934 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by jokershady
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Quote:

And compounded by potential bladder issues.
I reserved an aisle seat for pee breaks.
That's my strategy as well.
AliasMan02
AG
TCTTS said:

It took me a couple times to comprehend this tweet...

I'm sure they'll screen it and then push it back to February 2020 right after.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

Honestly, though, they might not tease anything. My guess would be that any end credit scenes will either be additional codas or will be more shawarma-esque.
or how about just a montage of clips or a gag reel of stan lee on set interacting with the original avengers

edit: and yes, i saw the tribute in captain marvel, still think it'd be cool
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
I still think it's way too early. We're not going to see the new iterations of the X-Men or F4 characters until 2022 at the earliest.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TCTTS
AG
C@LAg said:

true, but they could still start worldbuilding with references to it.

news reports about Latveria, referencing Reed Richards and his research.

Hell even a cameo of a pre-Thing Ben Grimm in Dr Strange.

I am betting people are more hyped for the idea of a good FF4 reveal and team than they are for more X-Men, even an X-Men team integrated in the MCU.
Ha, there's no way. X-Men are WAAAY more popular than F4. I have friends who don't watch superhero movies (much less read comic books) and even they could name at least two or three X-Men. Heck, *I* can't even name all four Fantastic Four characters. Regardless of my personal experiences with the franchises, though, X-Men are objectively more a part of pop culture. Fantastic Four feels about as relevant as The Flintstones in today's culture. And sure, if anyone can change that, it's Marvel, but in terms of raw anticipation before the fact, it's no where close.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'd be more hyped for Fantastic Four. We've have plenty of really good X-Men movies. I'd rather see Disney tackle the Fantastic Four first.
TCTTS
AG
All I know is that I still have an itch to see X-Men done right. But if I never see another F4 movie again, I could not care less. What I know of Dr. Doom is from those first two F4 movies, and I thought he was terrible. I'm sure he's better in the comics, though. Still, give me Magento all day long. Overall, I might be underestimating the general F4 interest based on my own (or lack there of), but I think you're overestimating the general F4 interest based on your own. It's probably somewhere in the middle, but either way, Marvel isn't going to tease F4 this early.
Bobcat06
AG
If the post credit scene doesn't include a Deadpool cameo, I will demand a refund.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
MooreTrucker
AG
TCTTS said:

C@LAg said:

true, but they could still start worldbuilding with references to it.

news reports about Latveria, referencing Reed Richards and his research.

Hell even a cameo of a pre-Thing Ben Grimm in Dr Strange.

I am betting people are more hyped for the idea of a good FF4 reveal and team than they are for more X-Men, even an X-Men team integrated in the MCU.
Ha, there's no way. X-Men are WAAAY more popular than F4. I have friends who don't watch superhero movies (much less read comic books) and even they could name at least two or three X-Men. Heck, *I* can't even name all four Fantastic Four characters. Regardless of my personal experiences with the franchises, though, X-Men are objectively more a part of pop culture. Fantastic Four feels about as relevant as The Flintstones in today's culture. And sure, if anyone can change that, it's Marvel, but in terms of raw anticipation before the fact, it's no where close.

Xmen MAY be more popular just because of SO many movies, but I can see this Marvel group making a FF world work...see GOTG, Black Widow, etc.

So I'd be careful saying "no way".
TCTTS
AG
I literally said, "And sure, if anyone can change that, it's Marvel." My "No way" was in reference to the anticipation as it exists right now. As in, right now, there's no way the general population is looking forward to more F4 over more X-Men. But yes, once Marvel casts and conceives of a new F4, given Marvel's track record, of course it could and likely will be something special at that point. But this whole convo was in reference to teasing F4, at the end of this month, in the Endgame credits.
Quinn
AG
Marvel can make anything popular, but ya, X-Men is currently way more popular with the casual fan.
AgfromHOU
AG
The first and second Fantastic Four movies are why I have/had a really hard time getting into Marvel stuff
fig96
AG
Way too soon to see anything, but with the right director I can totally see them making F4 work like GOTG. Reed Richards in particular is a super interconnected character in the Marvel universe and could lead to some really interesting thing.

Thinking about the potential of mutants being introduced into the existing MCU, however, gets me excited.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

I still think it's way too early. We're not going to see the new iterations of the X-Men or F4 characters until 2022 at the earliest.
so maybe cap dies in endgame, we don't see evans for a while, then in 2022....

AliasMan02
AG
I've said it before, but the way to make a good, modern F4 movie is to change Reed's powers. The stretching thing goes straight to comedy, and I don't think F4 works in the MCU as a comedy.

The body horror angle had potential, but that didn't work last time, do changing it up is what I would do.

I also think that the F4 franchise should build to Reed being a villain.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jackie childs
C@LAg said:

So some early in the movie footage was screened in the last 24 hours as part of the big exhibitor event going on this week.

What is relevant is that the summary of the content showed matches 100% to some of the story leaks that came out about 3-4 weeks ago, which legitimizes a lot of those leaker's content.

In other words, full story spoilers are more/less confirmed to be out there, so beware if you do not actively seek that stuff out.
thanks for the heads up...

so we're clear, none of that crap should be posted on this thread until after opening weekend, right? if not, then i'm checking out.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Farmer1906
AG
C@LAg said:

jackie childs said:

C@LAg said:

So some early in the movie footage was screened in the last 24 hours as part of the big exhibitor event going on this week.

What is relevant is that the summary of the content showed matches 100% to some of the story leaks that came out about 3-4 weeks ago, which legitimizes a lot of those leaker's content.

In other words, full story spoilers are more/less confirmed to be out there, so beware if you do not actively seek that stuff out.

so we're clear, none of that crap should be posted on this thread until after opening weekend, right? if not, then i'm checking out.
Tony Stark is Jon (Snow's) Stark's father.

SPOILERS!!!!
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
jtstanley4621
AG
jackie childs said:

C@LAg said:

Seriously. This whole thing has been YEARS in the making. We should try to do our part to not be the reason it's spoiled for someone.
TCTTS
AG
I definitely won't even be seeking this info out, much less posting anything remotely tied to it.
Urban Ag
AG
I myself wouldn't post spoilers, it's a dick move for certain. But come on people, if you're really that concerned about it you shouldn't even be reading this thread or any of the related threads. It's like looking for an excuse to get offended.
DVC2010
AG
I don't really agree with this. The thread exists because people are excited about the movies. That excitement is only going to grow for the next three weeks. Read at your own risk, of course, but I think it's reasonable to expect some courtesy regarding spoilers.
jtstanley4621
AG
DVC2010 said:

I don't really agree with this. The thread exists because people are excited about the movies. That excitement is only going to grow for the next three weeks. Read at your own risk, of course, but I think it's reasonable to expect some courtesy regarding spoilers.
Especially if there's gonna be a spoiler discussion thread, which I feel like there probably will be.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know I'm already seen as the spoiler nazi, but yes. This.
swimmerbabe11
I mean, we all discuss this and agree...it just always seems as though one guy comes by and Leroy Jenkins the whole thing
DVC2010
AG
Which is why I'm going to a showing that starts before the earliest ones end. Unless someone is live-posting from the theater or something big leaks, I should be safe.

*beats vigorously on wooden desk*
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
First Page Last Page
Page 370 of 770

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.