*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,914 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Quinn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

bearamedic99 said:

So no spoilers here for two weeks from the 26th? I've been avoiding the Endgame thread to avoid spoilers.

I got tickets for Monday the 29th.
Honestly the safest thing to do in terms of avoiding spoilers might be to just not use the internet outside of emails that weekend. I could see there being some sort of meme that comes out as a result of this movie (there were a TON of infinity war memes. There were dusting memes pretty quickly after IW) that may leak onto a social media page that you follow without you actively looking for it.

This. I saw Infinity War the weekend after release and had seen a ridiculous amount of "dusting" jokes/memes by that point.
fig96
AG
Moviehouse in Austin for 9:15 Saturday night. Tried for Alamo but by 10am they were pretty booked for the weekend.
MBAR
AG
I got Thursday night IMAX seats but 2nd freaking row. I'm not sure how awful the seats are. Otherwise I got reasonable Friday night seats but man, I want to go to the first showing!

Also the hype is ****ing real. I've never seen movie tickets go that fast. I had no idea they were going on sale this morning but by 11 when I checked pickings were slim AF.
AgfromHOU
AG
This is the first time I've been a fan of a theory
Farmer1906
AG
I went a little overboard. I bought tickets for the wife and I for Thursday, but I also bought a single Thursday night in case things didn't work out (kids, school, ets). I might snag another pair for Friday night.
TCTTS
AG
This is my kind of movie-going strategic thinking. Love it.
Saxsoon
AG
Damn that choir at the end was sick
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
Farmer1906
AG
TCTTS said:

This is my kind of movie-going strategic thinking. Love it.
Gotta do what I gotta do. For endgame, my dog got very sick (almost died) while we were driving to the theatre. I took him to the dog hospital overnight and went to a show later that evening. I learned my lesson. **** happens, but I still gotta get my Marvel fix.
bearamedic99
AG
Dammit farmer

I planned on waiting until Monday to see it with the wife

But thanks to you

I now also have a ticket to see it Thursday night
Dr. Horrible
Got our tickets for Friday night 7PM. Only disappointed that I didn't get IMAX, but I figured I'd rather have better seats in non-IMAX than 2nd row IMAX. And that was before 8am. I haven't checked again, but I'm assuming they're already having sellouts...

On a side note, I've actually been wondering if reserved seating makes sellouts less likely anymore. I remember walking up to the theater and buying a ticket as long as it wasn't sold out, only to find out I had the worst seats in the place. One of those situations where if I knew where my seats were, I would have seen something else, or seen that show later. Just an observation as I was sitting in a reasonably full theater a couple weeks ago.
TCTTS
AG

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/david-harbour-joins-scarlett-johansson-black-widow-1198884
TCTTS
AG
Pretty great cast so far.
TCTTS
AG
I stand corrected. REALLY great cast so far...

https://variety.com/2019/film/news/rachel-weisz-black-widow-marvel-scarlett-johansson-1203177636/
Duncan Idaho
I am assuming that tweet is using "stand alone" incorrectly. And that this isn't stand alone like the joker is supposed to be but stand alone in the sense that it is primarily about her.
TCTTS
AG
Right. Still in the same MCU continuation and all that, but will simply be *her* movie.
redline248
AG
Is this film going back into the past and show her as a Russian agent? Maybe making her switch to SHIELD?
TCTTS
AG
We haven't heard yet. Hoping it's a sequel as I'm sick of prequels at this point, but we'll see.
redline248
AG
Sequel to... Endgame?
TCTTS
AG
Not like a literal sequel. Just a continuation of the/her story. Not set in the past.
redline248
AG
got it
FTACO97
AG
TCTTS said:

We haven't heard yet. Hoping it's a sequel as I'm sick of prequels at this point, but we'll see.
I have a feeling you'll be disappointed. I'd have to think this is going to be about her past before Shield. Essentially a better version of Red Sparrow.
jackie childs
TCTTS said:

i wouldn't mind a prequel as long as it's not an origin story. i re-watched age of ultron the other night and the way they handled black widow's origin was pretty damn dark. i can't imagine there's a ton of demand to see more of that.

speaking of that past, maybe the movie can be about the russians (particularly harbour and weisz) re-instituting the program and natasha decides to try and shut it down and "rescue" the young girls (including pugh) recruited into it.

makes it personal for her, human antagonists and everything's better when russians are the bad guys
TCTTS
AG
I'm afraid you're right. Can they at least lose that hideous hair she had in Iron Man 2?
MooreTrucker
AG
Which makes me think...what might be mid-credit scenes for Endgame? And for the Black Widow film? What would they be pointing to next?
rhutton125
AG
jackie childs said:

TCTTS said:

i wouldn't mind a prequel as long as it's not an origin story. i re-watched age of ultron the other night and the way they handled black widow's origin was pretty damn dark. i can't imagine there's a ton of demand to see more of that.

speaking of that past, maybe the movie can be about the russians (particularly harbour and weisz) re-instituting the program and natasha decides to try and shut it down and "rescue" the young girls (including pugh) recruited into it.

makes it personal for her, human antagonists and everything's better when russians are the bad guys

(I gotta stay the hell away from this thread until Endgame, but I can't help myself)

I'd like to see it alternate between past and present - maybe 20/80. Using the past to give depth and importance to the present. We see a little bit of what she went through then, so that we know why she needs to stop the same thing from happening again today.

I think there was a 4-issue Black Widow miniseries in the 80s or 90s that had a similar structure. Spies, Russian villains, assassins, personal stakes. That'd be my approach here. Marvel's Mission Impossible, with Russian villains, a little bit of backstory, and multiple appearances by known heroes like Falcon, or Winter Soldier, or Nick Fury, or Hawkeye, etc. etc.
TCTTS
AG
Mysterio in Far From Home?

Something teasing The Eternals?

Something teasing the Black Panther sequel?

Maybe a 2% chance they tease at least the idea of the X-Men?
TCTTS
AG
Honestly, though, they might not tease anything. My guess would be that any end credit scenes will either be additional codas or will be more shawarma-esque.
TCTTS
AG
I don't think we hear/see/get anything official for the next phase (outside of Far From Home) until D23 in August. I think that's where Marvel will finally announce the next two or three years, potentially tease the eventual integration of the X-Men, etc.
TCTTS
AG
It took me a couple times to comprehend this tweet...

Fenrir
TCTTS said:

Honestly, though, they might not tease anything. My guess would be that any end credit scene will either be additional codas or will be more shawarma-esque.
I'm hoping they don't have any mid/post credit scenes. I think it would be appropriate considering this is essentially the end of the first major story arc of the MCU.
MooreTrucker
AG
Fenrir said:

TCTTS said:

Honestly, though, they might not tease anything. My guess would be that any end credit scene will either be additional codas or will be more shawarma-esque.
I'm hoping they don't have any mid/post credit scenes. I think it would be appropriate considering this is essentially the end of the first major story arc of the MCU.
If they don't, I hope we find out ahead of time. Staying through endless names of CGI programmers is only bearable for the mid-credit scenes.
Fenrir
Mid/post credit scenes (whether they exist and how many) are almost always the first thing to leak out when the embargo is lifted.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Fenrir said:

TCTTS said:

If they don't, I hope we find out ahead of time. Staying through endless names of CGI programmers is only bearable for the mid-credit scenes.
And compounded by potential bladder issues.

I actually don't think there will be any post credit sequence of any consequence (the shawarma reference is actually a good one) given that this movie represents the end of the story began in Iron Man.
MooreTrucker
AG
How about another shwarma scene to bookend the whole thing?
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

And compounded by potential bladder issues.
I reserved an aisle seat for pee breaks.
First Page Last Page
Page 369 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.