*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,511,615 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS said:

It's a good thing they changed it to the snap ending then. There was not a better way to end part 1.
Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

Interesting theory, but time travel has been 99.9% confirmed for End Game. There are set pics showing the end battle from the first Avengers movie having been completely recreated, not to mention all the other indicators.

That, and as long as Thanos has the gauntlet, simply confronting him isn't going to do a bit of good. They're going to have to outsmart him / cheat time in order to truly defeat him.

That said, the smoke is definitely interesting. Maybe, while most of the team is time traveling, one of them goes to distract/stall Thanos or perhaps even convince him of something?
I know who I would choose...

Gangnam Style
AG
The Disney/Fox acquisition becomes official tomorrow. Who's the next big bad in the Avengers? Doom/Galactus?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
rhutton125
AG
Man. Who knows? I feel like Doctor Doom seems like the best option, but that'd be weird if all the known phase 4 films are things like Black Widow, Shang Chi, the Eternals... none of which seem to relate to the big bad.

Maybe they'll just do more crossovers, rather than an Infinity War -style crossover-to-end-all-crossovers. Maybe Captain Marvel, the Guardians of the Galaxy, Thor, Fantastic Four and Nova do an Annihilation Wave kind of thing in space, whereas a couple years before or prior you get an Avengers vs. X-Men type situation. Something grounded, something interstellar.

There's going to be a lot of groundwork to lay before our next uber-crossover, but thankfully there are now a ****-ton of villains worth seeing on film. FF and X-Men just provided a rogues gallery that dwarfs anything remaining from the Avengers members, by and large. And then you still have Spider-Man villains out the wazoo as well.

Doctor Doom, Magneto, Galactus, Sinister Six, Norman Osborn, Red Skull (in theory), Apocalypse, Mister Sinister, Kang the Conqueror, Taskmaster, Masters of Evil, the Thunderbolts, Namor, Super Skrull, Secret Invasion, Omega Red, Sabretooth.... aijsdfoiajdsoijasd
Prime0882
AG
C@LAg said:

Gangnam Style said:

The Disney/Fox acquisition becomes official tomorrow. Who's the next big bad in the Avengers? Doom/Galactus?
My bet. Doctor Doom will be the BIG bad, but the Skrulls will be the primary antagonists throughout most movies. (Secret Invasion)
Saw Captain Marvel this weekend and was surprised that the Skrulls were so sympathetic and the Kree were the baddies

If the movies do go in a direction for Secret Wars, it does make me wonder how Marvel Studios paints them as an all-out threat.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I was surprised as well, but hopefully in Captain Marvel sequels they flesh out the Skrulls more.

I was thinking that maybe Marvel has listened to criticism of their villain problems. So perhaps in a sequel we will see the Skrulls become antagonists because of what is done against them. This would give the Secret Invasion storyline much more weight, and be a lot more interesting if we kinda sympathize with the Skrulls becoming universal terrorists because they felt backed into a corner, etc., but also don't want them to take over the universe.
hurleyag
AG
I could see that happening. Talos mentioned something about Skrulls not being innocent in the kree/skrull fighting.
Olsen
AG

redline248
AG
I also had questions about how Marvel could turn the Skrulls from sympathetic refugees into villain over ~25 years
AliasMan02
AG
I bet we get a non-MCU Deadpool or X-Force movie before they wrap it in.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TexasAggie_02
AG
redline248 said:

I also had questions about how Marvel could turn the Skrulls from sympathetic refugees into villain over ~25 years

They did say that their society was basically destroyed by the kree and that they were scattered all over space. Their group was a peaceful one.

Kinda like how Ronan is exiled from kree society by the time of GOTG and they refuse to help NOVA Corps.

There could be other vengeful skrull groups.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

redline248 said:

They did say that their society was basically destroyed by the kree and that they were scattered all over space. Their group was a peaceful one.

Kinda like how Ronan is exiled from kree society by the time of GOTG and they refuse to help NOVA Corps.

There could be other vengeful skrull groups.

I'd be betting for a heel turn by Ben Mendelssohn's character. He could carry being the big bad for a while.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Olsen
AG
Welcome home characters of/from X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool.
Olsen
AG
The Walt Disney Company just updated their website!

TCTTS
AG
Not that there was any question, but the fact that Deadpool made the cut and not any other current X-Men character speaks volumes. Rebooting the hell out of the X-Men universe while still keeping the current iteration of Deadpool front and center is an interesting play, but makes sense. Also... Star Wars, ALL of Marvel, and now Avatar under the same roof is just insane.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Wheatables02
AG
Good Aggie Hunting said:

Jussie
jabberwalkie09
AG
I don't see how the reversal to make the Skrulls the big bad and do that storyline works out. They already painted them as refugees, and making it only that small group as refugees would just make for more questions than answers imo.

I think that it may be best to just move on and go with another cosmic villain.
TajMaballer
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Jussie
Teddy Perkins
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Jussie
MooreTrucker
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Jussie
I don't *think* that's who that is.
Olsen
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Jussie

If I think it's who you're referring to on the picture, that's not Jussie. That's Donald Glover/Childish Gambino.
jtstanley4621
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Jussie
That is Donald Glover, who is great.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Disney owns the Cardinals now????
tysker
AG
Wheatables02 said:

Good Aggie Hunting said:

Jussie
tysker
AG
The Robin Roberts - Deadpool - Magicians Asst Mickey Mouse - Childish Gambino - Elsa lineup makes me laugh
tysker
AG
Here's to hoping he wasnt referring to pic in the upper right
DB Coach
AG
C@LAg said:

KreeSkrull War[edit]

Eventually, the Skrulls developed long-distance space travel; a great tour of the universe was undertaken, led by Emperor Dorrek. Finally, the Skrull delegation reached the planet Hala, home to the then-barbaric Kree and the peaceful Cotati, and held a contest to determine which of the races would represent Hala to the Skrull Empire. Seventeen members of each race were taken to different uninhabited planetoids where they were left with sufficient supplies for one year. At the end of that period, whichever group had done the most with themselves would be adjudged the most worthy. The Kree were taken to Earth's Moon where they built a great city while the Cotati were taken to another barren world in a different solar system and used their abilities to create a beautiful park. Realizing that the Cotati were going to win, the enraged Kree killed all the Cotati. When the Kree revealed that they had solved the question of who would represent Hala to the Skrulls by destroying their opposition, the Skrull delegates were appalled and vowed that Hala would forever be banned from their circle of favored worldsso the Kree massacred them as well, took over the Skrull landing spaceship by force, and developed their own technology from it.

So in comic continuity, the Skrulls were the bad guys first.....
Just saying they could introduce this showing the Skrulls lied.
How does this make the Skrulls the bad guys first or even at all???
redline248
AG
My assumption is that the Skrulls forced the other species to participate, rather than volunteer.
rhutton125
AG
I actually read this comic in the last year or so, so I'll chime in. As I recall, the Skrulls were relatively innocent at first. They would go about uplifting species, and when the Kree realized that they were going to lose the contest, they killed everyone and used the Skrull technology to become a military empire. After that, the Skrulls militarized as well.

That was a bit of a twist in 1975 or whenever - revealing the mysterious origins of the Kree-Skrull War. But in everything since, the Skrulls and Kree are predominately used as villains.

Here's another story that was interesting - in ~1994 there was the Kree-Shi'ar War. The Shi'ar are generally neutral - the X-Men help their empress, Lilandra, from time to time (such as in the Dark Phoenix Saga). She has a tyrannical sibling or two as well. So overall they fit in as needed. The Starjammers are rebel pilots and rogues that support Lilandra but opposed her predecessor. The Shi'ar Imperial Guard are really badass as well.

The Shi'ar and Kree go to war, which eventually spreads to earth, and of course some Skrulls are involved to goad things along, and the Skrulls intend on detonating a device that would wipe out the Kree. In the end, the Kree homeworld of Hala is destroyed..... but the final twist is that this was all the Supreme Intelligence's plan, to wipe out his own people, who had arrived at an evolutionary dead-end. He hoped to jump-start their evolution and propel them to new heights.
TCTTS
AG

(Not a real thing, btw, but I wish it was.)
Gigem314
AG
TCTTS said:

(Not a real thing, btw, but I wish it was.)
With the de-aging technology they used for CM, it would seem like there are endless possibilities for this.

Would be great to see them fill the gaps between the events of CM and IM, with flashbacks to his very early years.
First Page Last Page
Page 361 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.