*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,511,618 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have a new theory. This is the new subscriber cover of Empire

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-avengers-endgame-newsstand-covers-revealed/

Thanos sees smoke in the distance. Perhaps a crashed ship? But why would the Avengers need to fly to Thanos? Why not take the Bifrost?

What if Thanos is hiding in the Quantum Realm? The new red/white suits aren't so they can travel back in time, but so that they can get to Thanos.
TCTTS
AG
Interesting theory, but time travel has been 99.9% confirmed for End Game. There are set pics showing the end battle from the first Avengers movie having been completely recreated, not to mention all the other indicators.

That, and as long as Thanos has the gauntlet, simply confronting him isn't going to do a bit of good. They're going to have to outsmart him / cheat time in order to truly defeat him.

That said, the smoke is definitely interesting. Maybe, while most of the team is time traveling, one of them goes to distract/stall Thanos or perhaps even convince him of something?
COAg15
AG
Even newer theory: It's the smoke monster from Lost.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
I watched Infinity War again this weekend, and I do think its important that Thanos appeared to go to into the soul stone after the snap and talked with child Gomorrah.

My new theory is that the Avenger's plan will end up manipulating the soul stone so that when Thanos snaps, he ends up in there instead of wiping out all of earth. I then think Guardians 3 will be the quest to get Gomorrah out of the Soul Stone and they will kill Thanos in that film, since he really has been more their big bad.

IDK...just a theory. But them announcing Gunn is back on for 3 before Endgame and really announcing their full slate makes me think that GOTG 3 will be dealing a lot with Endgame aftermath.

This also keeps the stakes real from Infinity War, and has the benefit of Infinity War showing the end of the story without giving it away.
hurleyag
AG
I don't think so. They pretty much have to go with the Sovereign with the post credit scenes.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Well...that post-credit scene teases Adam Warlock -- who has some history with the soul stone in the comic...
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Are set pics and unreleased info not considered spoilers?
TCTTS
AG
All I know is that the pics were posted and discussed in this thread upon release, and have been referenced numerous times since. Figured it was a given at this point, but if not, I'll edit my post.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Hmm...probably so.

Such as there are set photos of Ant Man seemingly at the Battle of New York, from the first Avengers movie. IIRC, he wasn't there the first time around!
TCTTS
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Rules don't apply to him
Or, like I said... I and many others have already discussed the pics and time travel in general in this thread for months now, and no one has said a word yet. The second I read BES' post I edited mine, though. But yeah, go ahead and be a d*ck about it.
Liquid Wrench
AgfromHOU said:

SIAP, but apparently Feige is referring to the 22 movies form Iron Man to Endgame as "The Infinity Saga".

Pretty cool if you ask me
TCTTS
AG
texasaggie04
AG
TCTTS said:

Huh, interesting... I wonder how Infinity War would have ended then? Maybe they had a different version where Thanos's children die before the battle of Wakanda. Then eliminating that threat could have been the end of the movie, with Thanos still at large.
schmidthead
I've been following this thread semi-regularly and never saw the discussion you referenced in your now-edited-for-spoilers post. But now I'm spoiled but most importantly and while I generally enjoy your contributions to this board, I've also gotten tired of you being the Entertainment Board police. BES wasn't being a dick but it was a clear spoiler.
Dr. Horrible
Probably related to when it was supposed to be infinity war part 1 & part 2. At least that is what I thought when I read the article.
TCTTS
AG
schmidthead said:

I've been following this thread semi-regularly and never saw the discussion you referenced in your now-edited-for-spoilers post. But now I'm spoiled but most importantly and while I generally enjoy your contributions to this board, I've also gotten tired of you being the Entertainment Board police. BES wasn't being a dick but it was a clear spoiler.

I would love for you to explain to me in exactly what way I've played "police" today?

First of all, we HAVE discussed the aforementioned pics in this thread. Not a ton, obviously, but feel free to go back and check, around the time filming began, whenever that was. I don't remember who posted the initial links (it might have been me, I can't remember), but periodically, in the months since then, I, and others, have, in passing, remarked on them in reference to the time travel elements of this movie. I'm not just pulling this out of my ass.

That, and the second I read BES' post, I explained my reasoning and then immediately went back and edited my post, without argument. Also, I didn't call BES a d*ck. I wasn't mad or upset at him in any way. My comment was directed at TexasAggie02, as evident by the fact that my post was a direct reply to his.

As the person who started this thread, and posts the most news in it, yes, sometimes I do feel a responsibility to correct certain rumors and what not (on the board as a whole as well), but I also go out of my way to engage in a positive and constructive way as much as I can. I'm sorry if any of that rubs you the wrong way, but it's never coming from a position on my "high horse" or thread/board police or anything like that. All I ever really do is post Twitter links in this thread anyway, way more than I actually comment in it.
Bobcat06
AG
Quasi-spoiler: IMDB has some interesting names/characters listed in the credits
nickstro66
AG
Definitely some surprises on that list
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Bruce Almighty
AG
May one to spoiler tag that
Bobcat06
AG
More than one
Phat32
AG
Bye this thread until after Endgame
Liquid Wrench
yukmonkey said:

Bye this thread until after Endgame
Yeah...starting to think I'm out. It's not anything any one person posted; there are just so many small bits of information and fan theories floating around that I think I'm content to shut down until I see the movie.
rhutton125
AG
Yep - im out! IMDB stuff is almost always wrong but the last thing I want is a spoiled appearance. I think I'm right at the point where anything more is knowing too much.

See y'all in ~38 days!
Kate Beckett
AG
I'm out too. Don't want things spoiled.
Flashdiaz
AG
The Collective
AG
I don't know what is going on, but I'm a bit worried about it... soooooo
wangus12
AG
DB Coach
AG
schmidthead said:

Do you even read, bro?
Urban Ag
AG
wangus12 said:

I will never get back the 14 minutes it took me to watch that.

And I couldn't be happier.
Fenrir
They edited out the finger...wtf?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Ill have to see if I can find one I saw that had a Stan Lee voiceover at the start of it.

Edit: wait that is it, not sure why it started me 30 seconds into the vid
EarlyAg07
AG
Wow. Incredibly well done.
AgMarauder04
AG
https://bgr.com/2019/03/19/captain-marvel-vs-avengers-marvel-just-told-us-what-endgame-is-about/

Possible spoilers, but unlikely. Gist is the movie isn't about CM saving the day, but the OG Avengers.

I was wrong, I'm sorry. I'm here for my crow.
First Page Last Page
Page 360 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.