*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,482,982 Views | 27648 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by Saxsoon
C@LAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sine poena nulla lex.
TexasAggie_02
AG
AliasMan02 said:

C@LAg said:

AliasMan02 said:

rhutton125 said:

Wow. Sucks that all her supporting cast was killed in Ragnarok!

It'll have to be against the background of Ragnarok, right? As in, what she was going when Asgard was destroyed and her journey to try and be reunited with her people? Probably in one of the other realms.
except the half of Asgard that is dead post Thanos is likely to be rebooted along with everyone else.

in that case, she can call out to Heimdall and have him pop here there.

/party pooper
Heimdall can see all, but can't just teleport people without the Bifrost. The only time we ever see him to that is rescuing Hulk with his last breath.
he grabbed a hold of his sword, and asked the all fathers to allow the dark magic to flow through him one last time.

Also, Thor was transported to Earth in The Avengers while the rainbow bridge was still destroyed. The Avengers comic said that they used dark magic, and i believe Loki even mentions Odin conjuring up dark magic in the Avengers.
YouBet
AG
I thought the Russos already said Loki is permanent dead which would mean his series takes place before IW.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TexasAggie_02
AG
YouBet said:

I thought the Russos already said Loki is permanent dead which would mean his series takes place before IW.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AliasMan02
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

AliasMan02 said:

C@LAg said:

AliasMan02 said:

rhutton125 said:

It'll have to be against the background of Ragnarok, right? As in, what she was going when Asgard was destroyed and her journey to try and be reunited with her people? Probably in one of the other realms.
except the half of Asgard that is dead post Thanos is likely to be rebooted along with everyone else.

/party pooper
Heimdall can see all, but can't just teleport people without the Bifrost. The only time we ever see him to that is rescuing Hulk with his last breath.
he grabbed a hold of his sword, and asked the all fathers to allow the dark magic to flow through him one last time.

Also, Thor was transported to Earth in The Avengers while the rainbow bridge was still destroyed. The Avengers comic said that they used dark magic, and i believe Loki even mentions Odin conjuring up dark magic in the Avengers.

Heimdall used dark magic.

Odin was able to teleport Thor by using, as Loki said, dark matter (not dark magic).
AliasMan02
AG
gougler08 said:

AliasMan02 said:

I feel pretty sure that Loki's series will take place between Thor and Avengers, about him traveling between worlds and ultimately gaining control of the Mind Stone and the Chitauri.

OR, if it turns out the snap really just sent people to an alternate reality, then maybe we see Loki in that context.

Didn't Loki get his head crushed by Thanos and not a victim of the snap?

Uh, yes. Correct. My bad.
AliasMan02
AG
C@LAg said:

AliasMan02 said:

C@LAg said:

AliasMan02 said:

rhutton125 said:

/party pooper
He stull uses his sword when he asks for help.. So as long as he has it, why can he not do it again.
Plus with him healthy, he should be able to do it whenever.

Plus Thor has Stormbreaker which can do the same thing.

He can't do it again because that was clearly a one off, desperate "last act" thing. He never did it in any other circumstance, even when it obviously would have been extremely advantageous to do so. As a specific example, he couldn't teleport Thor back to Asgard when asked to do so because he wasn't physically at the Bifrost location.

Stormbreaker is a King's weapon and was created at a time when Asgard doesn't even exist as a physical location. It's clearly a different thing.
TexasAggie_02
AG
AliasMan02 said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

AliasMan02 said:

C@LAg said:

AliasMan02 said:

rhutton125 said:

/party pooper

Heimdall used dark magic.

Odin was able to teleport Thor by using, as Loki said, dark matter (not dark magic).
actually, Loki said "dark energy" not matter. which may be closer to magic, as the SHIELD facility that housed the tesseract was called the "Joint Dark Energy Mission Facility," so the Tesseract is most likely a source of dark energy. Seeing as that they end up using the Tesseract to fix the rainbow bridge, that is probably a safe assumption.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TexasAggie_02
AG
interesting thing i hadn't noticed before.

The protoype quinjet in the Captain marvel trailer has a Project Pegasus logo on it. Project Pegasus was a joint SHIELD-NASA collaboration to study the Tesseract. It's possible that she ends up getting her powers from the Tesseract.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/afvjp5/captain_marvel_gets_her_powers_through_tesseract/

tysker
AG
C@LAg said:

he died from another kind of snap.

snapped neck.
This post made me listen to Prong's Snap your fingers, Snap your neck
rhutton125
AG
Project Pegasus is a cool little thing in the comics, popping up here or there in the 70s and 80s. I think it's usually a place where they research alternate forms of energy (and things inevitably go wrong), but sometimes they've used it to lock up supervillains as well.

In the comics, a device goes off and Mar-Vell (in disguise)'s DNA gets blasted into Carol Danvers, and therefore she gets his powers. We might get something like that. I suppose it could be the tesseract instead, but I think we're more likely to see that as an Easter egg.
TCTTS
AG
mazag08
AG
TCTTS said:

Hopefully not because of blood and violence.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
mazag08 said:

TCTTS said:

Would it be of poor character to hope for some T&A?
TCTTS
AG
jackie childs
given holland's reputation for spoiling stuff, they should've just let him tweet the trailer out
Urban Ag
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

mazag08 said:

TCTTS said:

Would it be of poor character to hope for some T&A?
I hope it takes place in 1989 and she happens to "team up" with Atomic-Blonde.
MooreTrucker
AG
This is too much to hope for...but nice to think about.....
MooreTrucker
AG
Yes, and I'm of that same poor character
redline248
AG
Tesseract wasn't rediscovered until, what, 2011 when they recovered Captain America?
TexasAggie_02
AG
redline248 said:

Tesseract wasn't rediscovered until, what, 2011 when they recovered Captain America?
Young Howard Stark recovered it

EDIT: the tesseract burned through the floor of the bomber and fell into the ocean. cap crashed the plane on ice.
TexasAggie_02
AG
redline248
AG
I forgot all about that. So they had it until Loki stole it in The Avengers?
rhutton125
AG
Right - which is sort of a weird plot hole to me, if it was in the U.S.'s hands from 1945 - 2012 without any incident or developments. I guess they couldn't quite crack the technology until 2012? But Red Skull was using it during WW2...

Maybe it ended up in an Indiana Jones -esque box until just before the Avengers.
TajMaballer
AG
Rumor is that the trailer will drop tomorrow at 8am Central time. Hopefully it will play in theaters this weekend with Glass.

AgMarauder04
AG
rhutton125 said:

Right - which is sort of a weird plot hole to me, if it was in the U.S.'s hands from 1945 - 2012 without any incident or developments. I guess they couldn't quite crack the technology until 2012? But Red Skull was using it during WW2...

Maybe it ended up in an Indiana Jones -esque box until just before the Avengers.

They were developing weapons with it. Hydra was already super advanced in 42, Stark said so.
double aught
AG
So how much input does Marvel have on these Spiderman movies versus Sony? I still don't fully understand their arrangement.
TexasAggie_02
AG
double aught said:

So how much input does Marvel have on these Spiderman movies versus Sony? I still don't fully understand their arrangement.
i believe Marvel is making the movies with some Sony oversight. Sony is the distributor, so they are in charge of the marketing.

Sony is basically paying Marvel to not make crap movies, but not letting them have the A-List villians. hence, why we've gotten vulture and mysterio.
MooreTrucker
AG
rhutton125 said:

That would explain the face-melting.
jackie childs
double aught said:

picture it like this, with Marvel being Tony:

Phat32
AG
I'm grateful that the people on this thread keep track of everything, and I just have to check the thread update bubble.
First Page Last Page
Page 330 of 790

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.