*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,513,609 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TexasAggie_02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Theory on reddit about the archive footage:

BW has blonde hair, unless they split two diff scenes together (which is possible). She had red hair prior to IW

EDIT: he also has the van with the X-CON logo. so he is not int the past.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, so the speculation doesn't get too far out there, for those who aren't aware, there is DEFINITELY a time travel element in Endgame. And it's looking more and more like Ant-Man is the one who makes it happen, likely via the quantum realm.
TexasAggie_02
AG
TCTTS said:

Just FYI, so the speculation doesn't get too far out there, for those who aren't aware, there is DEFINITELY a time travel element in Endgame. And it's looking more and more like Ant-Man is the one who makes it happen, likely via the quantum realm.
That has been the prevailing theory since Ant-Man and the Wasp came out in July. They went out of their way to mention Time Vortex in the movie
TCTTS
AG
Right. I know. And it's been a prevailing theory long before that based on set pics as well. I'm just seeing a couple posts here and there with speculation as to whether there could be time travel or not. I'm saying there is, 100%. That's our base. So no need to speculate.
PatAg
AG
Urban Ag said:

AliasMan02 said:

My response to this is, what about the past decade, and the Russo Bros in particular, makes you even begin to consider this to be a possibility? They're not going to screw it up.
Well I am hesitant to say it and cause a derail on this thread and piss everyone off. But there is an undercurrent of complaints about the MCU in that it is too masculine and male dominated, devoid of women lead characters, devoid of "other demographics", too white, and too many women play subservient roles to men (Mantis, Pepper, Agent Hill, one could even argue Black Widow, SW, all the Wakanda women, and so on, because they take orders from men). I think these complaints are largely ignored because the MCU is just too well made and too much damn fun. So, at least to me, the timing aspect of adding some extremely powerful female being to the mix, this late in the game, is somewhat suspect. And if this decision was influenced by any other reason than the writers truly believing it was the very best option to conclude this story, than it's going to be harder to make it work.

Put another way, it just seems strange to add any major character, this late in the game, that significantly influences the outcome. So why do it?

Thanks for letting me know I can disregard anything you write.
jtstanley4621
AG
PatAg said:

Urban Ag said:

AliasMan02 said:

My response to this is, what about the past decade, and the Russo Bros in particular, makes you even begin to consider this to be a possibility? They're not going to screw it up.
Well I am hesitant to say it and cause a derail on this thread and piss everyone off. But there is an undercurrent of complaints about the MCU in that it is too masculine and male dominated, devoid of women lead characters, devoid of "other demographics", too white, and too many women play subservient roles to men (Mantis, Pepper, Agent Hill, one could even argue Black Widow, SW, all the Wakanda women, and so on, because they take orders from men). I think these complaints are largely ignored because the MCU is just too well made and too much damn fun. So, at least to me, the timing aspect of adding some extremely powerful female being to the mix, this late in the game, is somewhat suspect. And if this decision was influenced by any other reason than the writers truly believing it was the very best option to conclude this story, than it's going to be harder to make it work.

Put another way, it just seems strange to add any major character, this late in the game, that significantly influences the outcome. So why do it?

Thanks for letting me know I can disregard anything you write.
Thanks for letting ME know that you can disregard anything he writes.

The ignore button is but a few clicks away. Just hit that and move on please.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
But he has the van and I'm assuming the quantum jumping machine thing is in the back, so he can't have gone too far back in time because they just created that at the end of Ant-Man and the Wasp and that machine is going to be very important to the plot.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
Also this made me laugh:

TexasAggie_02
AG
veryfuller said:

But he has the van and I'm assuming the quantum jumping machine thing is in the back, so he can't have gone too far back in time because they just created that at the end of Ant-Man and the Wasp and that machine is going to be very important to the plot.
unless he hides it in a tunnel, ala BTTF3.

Uh, guys, I'll be dead by the time you find this, so just put the suit on and hit the button. k thanks.
veryfuller
Staff
AG
But the van doesn't travel through time, just him since the van didn't go into the quantum realm with him. That is why I don't think that video is from the past.
TexasAggie_02
AG
veryfuller said:

But the van doesn't travel through time, just him since the van didn't go into the quantum realm with him. That is why I don't think that video is from the past.
i know, i pointed that out myself at the top of the page. just making a joke.

it does appear though in the top left of the security feed that it says "STRAT_1983." folks on reddit are convinced that that is a timestamp. but video quality in 1983 would not have been that great. That was Stark's warehouse, so there would still be a facility there most likely, but how would he get gas money in 1983 to drive cross country?
TexasAggie_02
AG
after looking at it more, it looks like it says "STRAT_1503," as in 3 PM
redline248
AG
As someone else pointed out, Nat doesn't give an answer to Cap about when the footage took place
Max Power
AG
Is everyone going to be pissed or happy when Deadpool shows up with Cable's watch for the secret of time travel? Would be a pretty sweet way to tie in the MCU with the Marvel properties at Fox. The post credits of Deadpool 2 showed him put that watch to use.
DVC2010
AG
I should to avoid this thread for the next four months. I won't, but I should.
AMW2010
AG
The part that stuck out to me is when Scott say hey, you remember me from a few years ago?.... was civil war a few years in the timeline? I can remember exactly... I was wondering if he was in the quantum realm for a good while... or he takes a time vortex and it shoots him in the future, and he has to take multiple ones (until he figures out how they work) to get back to his current time... just a thought do think I'm right... but just the way he said from a few years ago stuck out to me for some reason
Fenrir
Civil war happens a year before infinity war so thisbocuoe be a year later I suppose.
AMW2010
AG
Just watched... he says, " this is Scott Lang, we met a few YEARS ago..."
wangus12
AG
Farmer1906 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Is Thor in the Raft?

No, went back and looked... where he is looks familiar, though. Can't place it.

No chance the raft could hold Thor.

Doesn't it look like the prison they held Loki in on Asgard. Granted Asgard is no longer there
gougler08
AG
Antman and the Wasp is 2 or 3 years after civil war because Scott is just getting out of his house arrest plea deal
MBAR
AG
Urban Ag said:

AliasMan02 said:

So its literally a problem for you because she's a woman? What the hell?
MBAR
AG
I don't think anyone can possibly have any legit fears that A4 will be Captain Marvel 2. In each of the Avengers movies, they've added things to put them over the top and succeed as a team. That's the whole damn point of the movies. The exception is of course Avengers 3 where even though they added more as the movie went on, they fell short.

So they obviously need more to beat Thanos. That more is going to be contributions from Captain Marvel, Antman, and Hawkeye. This should be OBVIOUS to anyone who is a fan of these movies. CM will have ad ass moments without a doubt, just like ever Avenger has shined in spots of the previous films. Being a bad ass is kind of a prerequisite to being part of the damn team so expect that to happen.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
AMW2010 said:

Just watched... he says, " this is Scott Lang, we met a few YEARS ago..."

He did meet Falcon at that SHIELD base in Ant Man 1 as well.
YouBet
AG
We watched both trailers last night. My wife's reactions:

On Captain Marvel:. "Miscast"

On Endgame:. "Ive never wanted to see a movie more in my life."

I agree with her on both, but hope we are wrong on Brie Larson. Really hoping her Kree persona is why she is so damn flat. It almost seems like this is her first acting job and she sucks at it.
Mathguy64
AG
Why would her Kree personality be flat? Ronan is not played devoid of emotion.
YouBet
AG
mathguy86 said:

Why would her Kree personality be flat? Ronan is not played devoid of emotion.
I don't know. I'm honestly echoing others here who have said that because I assume they have read more arcs with the Kree. I never have so I'm assuming it's because she has been brainwashed of some sort which has dampened her emotions.
Dro07
AG
She is Captain emo Marvel
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/a477b7/endgame_i_know_a_guy/?utm_source=reddit-android
TexasAggie_02
AG
Seems to me like she'll be less wooden after she sheds her brainwashing.

The flashback to her air force days seems more chill. Think of her as the winter soldier on steroids. Bucky went from chill to stone cold to chill again
TCTTS
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
DVC2010 said:

Same. I still haven't seen Antman & Wasp yet, so a lot of this stuff is spoilers for me. Gonna have to be strong and bow out for a little while.
TajMaballer
AG
Looks like Disney bested Disney once again! Wonder how Disney will respond.

fig96
AG
MooreTrucker said:

DVC2010 said:

Same. I still haven't seen Antman & Wasp yet, so a lot of this stuff is spoilers for me. Gonna have to be strong and bow out for a little while.
You can fix that in like two hours ya know
MooreTrucker
AG
I know. I even have it on DVD, just haven't had time to watch. We're snowed in today though so who knows.
redline248
AG
Avengers 4: It Lights up

First Page Last Page
Page 319 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.