*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,513,095 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm excited for Fury's realization that it is not a cat.
MBAR
AG
TCTTS said:

Great link/rundown. Thanks for posting.

Basically, it's looking like Thursday, Friday, and Saturday could bring us some combination of trailers for Avengers 4, Spider-Man: Far From Home, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Crazy.
2019 is going to be so bad ass.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
rhutton125
AG
I'd almost rather they not show Spider-Man yet. We're like 8 months away, and it would only take focus away from Avengers 4 in a way. Why rush things?
TajMaballer
AG
rhutton125 said:

I'd almost rather they not show Spider-Man yet. We're like 8 months away, and it would only take focus away from Avengers 4 in a way. Why rush things?
Unfortunately, Sony is behind the marketing. They are going to market it however they want. And with Into the Spiderverse coming out next weekend, they probably want to put Far From Home in front of it, as well as the other holiday blockbusters.
bearamedic99
AG
Is it too soon to start a Captain Marvel thread? I don't know much about her beyond friends with Logan and Rogue steals her superman powers.

Why is she SO powerful and more powerful than other Kree?
Malachi Constant
AG
I'd also like to get some background on what makes her so strong. Even trying to get some background on Wikipedia today proved tedious and confusing.

Apparently there have been lots of captain marvels, it's a title bestowed upon someone. Carol Danvers is this version of CM and she was part of a nuclear explosion or some such that gave her superpowers.
John Matrix
AG
MBAR said:

TCTTS said:

Great link/rundown. Thanks for posting.

Basically, it's looking like Thursday, Friday, and Saturday could bring us some combination of trailers for Avengers 4, Spider-Man: Far From Home, and Godzilla: King of the Monsters.

Crazy.
2019 is going to be so bad ass.

Baby sitting bills are going to go through the roof. 2019 is making up for a seriously craptastic last half of 2018.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can't remember any other year in recent memory that comes anywhere close to 2019 when it comes to blockbuster movies.

And a new Tarantino movie to boot.
TCTTS
AG
I was right there with you, but then Wonder Woman 1984, Top Gun: Maverick, and Bond all moved to 2020. I guess it's still a pretty big year...

- Aladdin
- Avengers 4
- Captain Marvel
- Frozen 2
- Godzilla: King of Monsters
- Joker
- Hobbs and Shaw
- The Lion King
- Once Upon a Time In Hollywood
- Untitled Men In Black Spin-Off
- Shazam!
- Spider-Man: Far From Home
- Star Wars Episode IX
- Toy Story 4
- Untitled Terminator Sequel/Reboot
- X-Men: Dark Phoenix

... but it could have been unprecedented.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Toy Story 4 and Frozen 2, as well.
TCTTS
AG
Dang it, good calls. Added them.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
IT: Chapter 2 and Pokemon Detective Pikachu are both likely to be pretty big as well.

And John Wick 3, not due to box office, but it's just a badass series.

Also had no idea Hellboy comes out April 2019.
fig96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

IT: Chapter 2 and Pokemon Detective Pikachu are both likely to be pretty big as well.

And John Wick 3, not due to box office, but it's just a badass series.

Also had no idea Hellboy comes out April 2019.
Didnt realize Hellboy was so soon either till last week. Kinda amazing we've seen almost nothing yet.
Post removed:
by user
Noblemen06
AG
third coast.. said:

This board is the only reason I know movies exist

Ditto. In my younger days I used to be way more into following what was coming out via magazines and AOL-era internet but nowadays I'm only abreast of future releases and reviews because of this forum.

Thanks, e-board team!
texasaggie04
AG
I never knew half those movies existed. Looks like a sequel to zombieland is supposed to come out fall 2019 too. The first was a good one.
TCTTS
AG
So now it's looking like Friday, Saturday, Sunday for the three trailers I mentioned...

TexasAggie_02
AG
Just had a thought about Capt Marvel being way too Over Powered (OP).

I really hope that with 10 years of buildup that we don't have Capt Marvel be the silver bullet that defeats Thanos, considering that she'll be introduced to the MCU about 6 weeks prior to A4. Perhaps she'll have an arc similar to Thor's, where she shows up at a crucial moment to turn the tide, but not be overwhelming.

I can see her making contributions possibly in a few ways:

• Finding Ant-Man in the Quantum realm
  • Showing up late and turning the tide
  • Being the most powerful being in the MCU, she is the one that undoes the snap, b/c it would most likely kill anyone else to try. Perhaps her undoing the snap somewhat nerfs her powers going forward (so that she's not ridiculously OP in Capt Marvel 2 and future avengers films). Then she can gradually build back up towards the next big bad (galactus?)

I mean, what we saw from Strange in IW, and Capt Marvel in the trailers, i don't see how they can have realistically formidable enemies going forward. Strange held his own against 4 stones, and did things that we never saw the Ancient One do in Dr Strange.
Farmer1906
AG
Sure he held his own vs 4 stones, but he also got wrecked by a henchman who they decided the just send out to space via plan of a teenager. It's all how they write it.
hurleyag
AG
Quad Dog said:

Also, is it too early to speculate on the name of Avenger 4? I'm predicting Avengers Assemble
Avengers The Reckoning

Edit: just a guess
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
AMW2010
AG
I'm gonna go with fake... just looking at iron man alone...
TajMaballer
AG
Black Panther got 3 Golden Globe nominations! Best Picture Drama, Best Score, and Best Song.
Urban Ag
AG
Noblemen06 said:

third coast.. said:

Ditto. In my younger days I used to be way more into following what was coming out via magazines and AOL-era internet but nowadays I'm only abreast of future releases and reviews because of this forum.

Thanks, e-board team!
Younger days?

In my younger days we had to acquire this thing called a "newspaper" on Sunday. You'd get your fingers all stained with black ink and have to rummage through the various parts discarded by your dad who only wanted to check sports scores and the stock market. They had this section called "Arts & Entertainment" that would have advertisements for movies at area theaters. If you were lucky, maybe a short article every few months on upcoming release dates and a few reviews.

It was fun to read between churning butter and making our own clothes.
MooreTrucker
AG
And reading by candlelight because when it's daylight we're out working the fields and livestock.
jtstanley4621
AG
Urban Ag said:

Noblemen06 said:

third coast.. said:

Thanks, e-board team!
Younger days?

In my younger days we had to acquire this thing called a "newspaper" on Sunday. You'd get your fingers all stained with black ink and have to rummage through the various parts discarded by your dad who only wanted to check sports scores and the stock market. They had this section called "Arts & Entertainment" that would have advertisements for movies at area theaters. If you were lucky, maybe a short article every few months on upcoming release dates and a few reviews.

I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphiric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home our dad and mother would kill us and dance about on our graves.

Noblemen06
AG
I was a big fan of the A&E section, too (after reading the latest Calvin & Hobbes); though I didn't have an uphill climb both ways in the snow to grab the paper for my parents. Hearing the modem scrambling on the family phone line was a great hardship when you were eager to call a girl, though.
gougler08
AG
Urban Ag said:

Noblemen06 said:

third coast.. said:

Thanks, e-board team!
Younger days?

I'm sorry you're so old
Hulla Baller
AG
TajMaballer said:

Black Panther got 3 Golden Globe nominations! Best Picture Drama, Best Score, and Best Song.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TajMaballer said:

Best Picture is not surprising at all. I'm expecting an Oscar nomination as well.

But, Best Score and Best Song? Marvel has yet to have a score for ANY of their movies that was memorable and I don't even remember the song from the movie.
TCTTS
AG
Couple of quick trailer updates...

- The A4 trailer is rumored to be hitting tomorrow morning (Dec 7). I've seen "9 AM" but a timezone wasn't specified. I'm still shocked that Disney apparently isn't announcing it beforehand or pairing it with a show or live sporting event. Instead, word is that it's just going to drop online, unannounced, tomorrow morning. But we'll see.

- The Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer, however, is much more concrete. Not only has it already been given an official runtime - 2 min, 30 sec (much longer than I anticipated) - it'll be debuting at the Comic-Con Experience in Sao Paulo, Brazil on Saturday at 1 PM CST, and should be online shortly after (though an online debut hasn't been confirmed yet).
jtstanley4621
AG
The interesting thing is I feel like we're at the point where Marvel can do almost anything marketing-wise and it'll work.

They could for sure drop the trailer tomorrow morning without worrying about it. Didn't the last Infinity War thing break most views for a video on YouTube in the first day or something?
rhutton125
AG
The Black Panther music is badass.

AliasMan02
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

The interesting thing is I feel like we're at the point where Marvel can do almost anything marketing-wise and it'll work.

They could for sure drop the trailer tomorrow morning without worrying about it. Didn't the last Infinity War thing break most views for a video on YouTube in the first day or something?

Marvel gets paid for YouTube hits like anybody else, right?
First Page Last Page
Page 315 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.