*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,348,902 Views | 27145 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Albatross Necklace
dave94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rhutton125 said:

Daredevil season 3, coming October 19th!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1042805756398063616?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Man, what a week for Marvel news.
I still haven't caught up on Luke Cage or Iron Fist seasons 2's!

These are coming out pretty rapid fire!
fig96
AG
dave94 said:

rhutton125 said:

Daredevil season 3, coming October 19th!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1042805756398063616?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Man, what a week for Marvel news.
I still haven't caught up on Luke Cage or Iron Fist seasons 2's!

These are coming out pretty rapid fire!
Yup, I'm finishing up Luke Cage (which is solid) and I'm about halfway through Iron Fist (which is really good).

DD has been my favorite by far though.
redline248
AG
Helping with the tweet

AggieLitigator
mathguy86 said:

The M is the tilted light lines up high between the A and E

My money is still on Avengers Assemble
AgfromHOU
AG
I doubt it, because that was the name of the first Avengers movie in the UK
rhutton125
AG
I have a Daredevil S3 theory that I'm pretty confident in, so spoilers:
Melvin Potter, the guy who makes Matt's Daredevil suit, frequently talks about his girl Betsy and how he'd lose his **** if anything happened to her. Matt was only able to get him to turn on Fisk because he promised he'd protect her. My bet is that once Fisk is out of prison, he'll start eliminating all potential threats (possibly by hiring Bullseye?) and that will include Melvin and Betsy. Melvin will go ape and attack Matt with some of his gear. He's the sometimes-villain-sometimes-ally Gladiator in the comics.

Could be totally wrong, but the last time I watched S1 and S2, that stood out to me.

On the other hand, though, that might be hard to include if this one is only 10 episodes. Kinda hoping for 13, ironically? They've all had pacing issues but Daredevil seemed to handle it best.

Meanwhile, back to the news of the other day (ABC's female superhero show). Comicbook.com had a list of potential characters and it seemed pretty spare:

1. Kate Bishop (female Hawkeye)
2. America Chavez
3. Angela (former Spawn character, retconned daughter of Odin)
4. Riri Williams (female Iron Man)
5. She-Hulk
6. Sif
7. Mockingbird
8. Tigra (probably a no-go since Wonder Woman 84 is using Cheetah)
9. Viv (female Vision)

Obviously a lot of the female superheroes started out this way - Carol Danvers is a female Mar-Vell, etc. The good ones have differentiated themselves over time. Most of these seem too hard to explain without bringing in their male counterparts from the movies in some way. She-Hulk gets a blood transfusion from Banner. Kate Bishop learns from Hawkeye (I think). I guess you could just massively retcon everything but that'd kinda suck. Sif and Mockingbird make the most sense but some would just be a waste, I think.

Any thoughts from the comic-knowledgable folk out there?
littlebitofhifi
AG
I'd 100% vote for a Kate Bishop series. Really loved what Fraction & Ava did with her in their Hawkeye run.

That was my first introduction to her but I think she got her start with Young Avengers. Unfortunately, I think Marvel/MCU has bigger plans for that particular group so not sure if we'll see YA/Kate.

Sif & Mockingbird are probably out of contention given they're already in the MCU. Jaimie Alexander is tied up with Blindspot and as mentioned, the Adrianne Palicki Mockingbird spin-off was already canned.

I'm pretty sure She-Hulk led the recent A-Force run, so that seems like the most probable to me.
Murder Hornet
AG
When we last saw Daredevil at the end of the Defenders wasn't he dead or in some sort of immortality chamber with madam lau?
bearamedic99
AG
I think you're right about Sif and Mockingbird being out though I like both. Any of those that could be called the female version of x avenger sound like a yawn, except She Hulk.

Another option would be Elsa Bloodstone and Fallon Grey, two female vampire hunters and the latter is the daughter of Blade.

The option Iike best, though I've never read anything with her in it (after my time I guess) is Angela. An angel/bounty hunter from Spawn series who was added to the Marvel universe as an Asgardian. I don't know what her attitudes/mannerisms are like but she sounfs like she could be a MCU DP or Lobo but female. such a cash cow if done right.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I gave up hope of seeing any of the MCU characters from the Tv shows pop up on the big screen awhile ago.
AliasMan02
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I gave up hope of seeing any of the MCU characters from the Tv shows pop up on the big screen awhile ago.

Not all of the characters/actors are strong enough to carry a big screen presence, but Charlie Cox/Daredevil definitely could.
rhutton125
AG
It's kind of defeating, but I have to hope that any character I want to see interact with the movie characters isn't chosen for TV.

I think Blade and Moon Knight would fit perfectly with the Netflix crew, but any other character I go "I need them in a movie." Don't choose Namor for TV, you'd be stealing him from great interactions on film. Etc.
redline248
AG
bthomas98 said:

When we last saw Daredevil at the end of the Defenders wasn't he dead or in some sort of immortality chamber with madam lau?

He was layed up in bandages in what looked like an orphanage dorm room or something. I think there were nuns.
texasaggie04
AG
redline248 said:

bthomas98 said:

He was layed up in bandages in what looked like an orphanage dorm room or something. I think there were nuns.

This. And I think based on comic books that his mother will be one of the nuns?
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
texasaggie04 said:

redline248 said:

bthomas98 said:

This. And I think based on comic books that his mother will be one of the nuns?

Yeah, that scene was straight out of Born Again

SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

Disappointing, IMO. The Inhumans would have been a better option had that franchise already been destroyed.
They have direct ties to the Kree, Silver Surfer, Guardians of the Galaxy, Fantastic Four, etc.

But given that Thanos is an Eternal from Titan, they can use that vector to work them into MCU continuity. And as they tie to the Celestials, it can allow for space-based MCU stories without having to have the Guardians around.

That said, I think it is a bit counterintuitive to introduce a whole new RACE of mostly-earth based heroes if they are also planning on introducing mutants in the next 3-5 years.
rhutton125
AG
Our fifth piece of MCU news this week!

The Eternals is a very interesting choice, to me. I recently read the brief run from the 70s (it was alright), but supposedly the ~2008 run is the definitive one. That's coming up on my list. There's probably a lot to draw from, but I'm not sure how many huge Eternals fans are out there. This has gotta be the most spotlight the characters have ever gotten before.

Sersi was an Avenger in the 80s-90s, for those that love that sweet sweet crossover goodness.
Solo Tetherball Champ
TCTTS said:

TCTTS
AG
She recently directed a critically acclaimed modern Westerm called The Rider.
Sex Panther
AG
Anyone playing the new Spider-Man game? It's amazing.
fig96
AG
Sex Panther said:

Yup, it's really fantastic. Gameplay is Arkham-esque with a Spidey twist, super fun.
Solo Tetherball Champ
TCTTS said:

She recently directed a critically acclaimed modern Westerm called The Rider.

I was asking about the eternals. Sorry about the ambiguity in my post..
TCTTS
AG
Oh, gotcha.
AliasMan02
AG
Sex Panther said:

Has crossed my mind to buy a PS4 just for the game.
SeattleAgJr
Contender for game of the year.
YouBet
AG
Finally watched the Captain Marvel trailer. Agree with others her line delivery is really, really flat. Will obviously still see it.

That looked like Nova at the end with the dude in helmet.....who was that supposed to be?
SeattleAgJr
YouBet said:

Finally watched the Captain Marvel trailer. Agree with others her line delivery is really, really flat. Will obviously still see it.

That looked like Nova at the end with the dude in helmet.....who was that supposed to be?
just standard kree battle helmet I believe
rhutton125
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Sex Panther said:

Tried last night but there's a massive shortage of PS4 Pros. Felt like such a disappointed little kid.
SeattleAgJr
rhutton125 said:

AliasMan02 said:

Sex Panther said:

Tried last night but there's a massive shortage of PS4 Pros. Felt like such a disappointed little kid.
Not around here. Hell, even our grocery stores carry video games/systems and they have them in stock.

at this point just wait for black Friday. get a deal on the ps4 and likely a game or two.
rhutton125
AG
For the Pro version? Even on Amazon it's quite marked up.
SeattleAgJr
rhutton125 said:

For the Pro version? Even on Amazon it's quite marked up.
Yes, Noticed them alst weekend.

May also be because most people think Amazon, Best Buy, Newegg before they think their combo grocery store/department store option.
PatAg
AG
If you are coming up with a negative outlook based off a teaser clip, then you are just looking to not like the movie for weird reasons.
SeattleAgJr
PatAg said:

If you are coming up with a negative outlook based off a teaser clip, then you are just looking to not like the movie for weird reasons.

Ridiculous. That was just a bland trailer...
MBAR
AG
Sex Panther said:

Yeah man, so much fun. I literally just swung around for a bit when I got it because it was so fun. They nailed it.
First Page Last Page
Page 302 of 776

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.