*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,513,108 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

MBAR said:

What future cap movie?
the inevitable reboot

or he passes the torch to bucky or sam.
The torch may pass, but neither of those two actors are getting a cap movie. ANd if we're talking a reboot then nothing from the previous movies holds sooooooooo.

I don't see them making any more cap movies. I'm not sure if the chracter will be gone, but I'd bet that stand alone cap movies aren't in the cards.

Is you're sarcasm meter broken?
MBAR
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

MBAR said:

What future cap movie?
the inevitable reboot

The torch may pass, but neither of those two actors are getting a cap movie. ANd if we're talking a reboot then nothing from the previous movies holds sooooooooo.

I don't see them making any more cap movies. I'm not sure if the chracter will be gone, but I'd bet that stand alone cap movies aren't in the cards.

I guess so because nothing about that seemed sarcastic.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The initial post you responded to was sarcasm.
Farmer1906
AG
AliasMan02
AG
MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

MBAR said:

What future cap movie?
the inevitable reboot

There will absolutely be new Cap movies. And new Iron Man/Heart movies. And new Thor/Asgard movies. Marvel is in this for the long haul.

I'm going with the next Cap movie being "The Shield of Captain America" and revolving around Sam, Bucky, or (less likely but something I still think would be great) Nat taking on the mantle and leading a new team to deal with some unfinished Cap business. Taking on Sin (Red Skull's daughter) would be a good one. I'd say she finds herself in legitimate political power in the aftermath of the Snap and new Cap & Friends opt to stay rogues to take her down rather than work within the system. Big theme in the film of "how do you best honor Steve Rogers?"
rhutton125
AG
I think it might be "Captain America and the Falcon," the Bucky and Sam team-up we all need. Also, that was the name of the comic in the 70s.
SeattleAgJr
MBAR said:

Bruce Almighty said:

MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

MBAR said:

What future cap movie?
the inevitable reboot

I guess so because nothing about that seemed sarcastic.
If you are referring to me... I was not being sarcastic. In the comics, the mantle of CA has passed to both Bucky and Sam at different times. It is a reasonable expectation if Chris Evans is leaving (for now after A4).

Marvel is not rebooting anytime soon, with the FF and Xmen to arrive
AgfromHOU
AG
Agreed. I see them moving away from Avengers movies and going more with Cosmic/Fantastic Four/X-Men.
SeattleAgJr

Guess he survived.
YouBet
AG
TCTTS said:

Hugo Weaving played Red Skull in the first Cap movie and has since sworn off playing the character or being in a Marvel movie ever again. Apparently he did not enjoy the experience for whatever reason. A different actor played him in IW, and seeing as it was such a limited roll, I doubt they could get away with no Weaving in the roll for an entire movie. But who knows...

Considering how long ago Cap 1 was at this point, I'm not sure anyone would care if Red Skull was reprised by someone different than Weaving. I bet most people don't even remember it was Weaving who played him.
MBAR
AG
AliasMan02 said:

MBAR said:

SeattleAgJr said:

MBAR said:

What future cap movie?
the inevitable reboot

There will absolutely be new Cap movies. And new Iron Man/Heart movies. And new Thor/Asgard movies. Marvel is in this for the long haul.

I'm going with the next Cap movie being "The Shield of Captain America" and revolving around Sam, Bucky, or (less likely but something I still think would be great) Nat taking on the mantle and leading a new team to deal with some unfinished Cap business. Taking on Sin (Red Skull's daughter) would be a good one. I'd say she finds herself in legitimate political power in the aftermath of the Snap and new Cap & Friends opt to stay rogues to take her down rather than work within the system. Big theme in the film of "how do you best honor Steve Rogers?"
I think Captain America will be in movies. I don't see how they have room for CA movies at this point with the release schedule. They've got BP, Captain Marvel, Spider man, Guardians 3, Strange 2, Black Widow Movie, not to mention Avengers 4. I think they're more likely to make Iron man or Thor movies going forward than Cap. If they get new Fox Characters then there really is no room for Captain Movies.

Hell, Civil War wasn't really a Cap movie. I honestly felt that was way more of an Iron Man movie. At best equal billing. And I really don't believe they're going to make a CA movie that doesn't have Chris Evans at the helm. Others make pick up the mantle, but I really doubt they're going to give them a movie of their own.
MooreTrucker
AG
redline248 said:

I don't see why they need him. Any actor with a passable German accent can be CGI'd into Red Skull.

And I'm just throwing it out there as a fun hypothetical. What other reason to even bring him into IW?
Just to close the loop with the first Cap movie.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Disney will make another Cap movie. Maybe not within the next five years, but in the next 10? I think so.
fig96
AG
YouBet said:

TCTTS said:

Hugo Weaving played Red Skull in the first Cap movie and has since sworn off playing the character or being in a Marvel movie ever again. Apparently he did not enjoy the experience for whatever reason. A different actor played him in IW, and seeing as it was such a limited roll, I doubt they could get away with no Weaving in the roll for an entire movie. But who knows...

Considering how long ago Cap 1 was at this point, I'm not sure anyone would care if Red Skull was reprised by someone different than Weaving. I bet most people don't even remember it was Weaving who played him.
I'm also not sure anyone would even know it wasn't him. This is the actor that played Red Skull in Infinity War.

TajMaballer
AG
Picked up my copy of Infinity War! I think my top three MCU movies are Ragnarok, Black Panther, and Infinity War. Maybe Winter Soldier and Homecoming sneak in there. It's crazy to think that 4 of those 5 were released in a one year span, consecutively! God bless Kevin Feige!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
rhutton125
redline248
AG
How will we ever get by?
Luke Smith
TCTTS said:

I'm sorry but I have to say it. That guy just looks like a giant duuche nozzle
rhutton125
AG
I'm sure Guardians 3 will be fine, and I've criticized a lot about Vol. 2. The thing that sucks the most in my eyes is that whoever takes this job is cursed with 2 years of questioning and low fan trust. The movie has a dark cloud over it now. Who could possibly satisfy the fans?

It's definitely a black eye on a cinematic universe that, by and large, has been firing on all cylinders. Even if Guardians 3 is pretty good.
redline248
AG
rhutton125 said:

I'm sure Guardians 3 will be fine, and I've criticized a lot about Vol. 2. The thing that sucks the most in my eyes is that whoever takes this job is cursed with 2 years of questioning and low fan trust. The movie has a dark cloud over it now. Who could possibly satisfy the fans?

It's definitely a black eye on a cinematic universe that, by and large, has been firing on all cylinders. Even if Guardians 3 is pretty good.

In my opinion, it's no different than the writer/director issues that apparently happened with Ant Man. I guess giving Thor 3 to Taika could also be viewed similarly, though I'm not sure people cared much about Thor after Dark World.
wangus12
AG
The only responsible thing to do is get Waititi to do it now.
jabberwalkie09
AG
redline248 said:

rhutton125 said:

In my opinion, it's no different than the writer/director issues that apparently happened with Ant Man. I guess giving Thor 3 to Taika could also be viewed similarly, though I'm not sure people cared much about Thor after Dark World.

What's funny though, is that I think the next call is to try and get Edgar Wright (spelling?) in for GotG vol 3. And iirc, he was originally attached to Ant Man back in the day.
rhutton125
AG
True - it's the same for Peyton Reed. But Guardians 3 has way more spotlight on it than Ant-Man did. Plus Edgar Wright took 7 years to do the film - Gunn had old tweets.

But I agree - Wright to Guardians 3 would change the narrative quite a bit. I'm not a huge Edgar Wright guy but it'd reverse the conversation.
bearamedic99
AG
I just realized that before Chris Evans leaves and when the Fox deal is done, I need an Invaders movie set as a more serious WWII movie with Cap n Bucky, the SubMariner, and the Original Human Torch.

Someone make it happen.
jackie childs
wangus12 said:

yes, but only if there isn't going to be a 4th Thor film...which there absolutely should be.
MooreTrucker
AG
bearamedic99 said:

I just realized that before Chris Evans leaves and when the Fox deal is done, I need an Invaders movie set as a more serious WWII movie with Cap n Bucky, the SubMariner, and the Original Human Torch.

Someone make it happen.
That'd be some fun CGI/camera work. And a real test for Evans.
toucan82
I think he meant the android from the 1940s
MooreTrucker
AG
toucan82 said:

I think he meant the android from the 1940s
I figured it was something like that, I was just funnin'.
israeliag
AG
fig96 said:

I'm also not sure anyone would even know it wasn't him. This is the actor that played Red Skull in Infinity War.

This is so good. People at work must think I'm a lunatic trying to suppress my laughter.
Farmer1906
AG
jackie childs said:

wangus12 said:

yes, but only if there isn't going to be a 4th Thor film...which there absolutely should be.
Thor is finished after IW4. Not exactly going out on a limb, but I'm calling it. All the OGs will be.
fig96
AG
israeliag said:

fig96 said:

This is so good. People at work must think I'm a lunatic trying to suppress my laughter.
He's really great, believe he's got another video as well. It's funny as his Walking Dead character is pretty bland, I had no idea about him till I saw him on Talking Dead after one of the episodes.
jackie childs
Farmer1906 said:

jackie childs said:

wangus12 said:

Thor is finished after IW4. Not exactly going out on a limb, but I'm calling it. All the OGs will be.
that's probably right, which really sucks because after four appearances, they finally figured out how to handle Thor
Quad Dog
AG
https://news.avclub.com/spider-man-far-from-home-to-swing-into-theaters-just-2-1828507437
Quote:

Sony announced today that it's setting a July 2019 release date for the upcoming Spider-Man sequel, Far From Home, the first MCU movie to take place in a post-Avengers 4, post-"Phase 3" world.

[url=https://news.avclub.com/spider-man-far-from-home-to-swing-into-theaters-just-2-1828507437][/url]Seems odd to premier this just two months after Avengers 4.

Also, is it too early to speculate on the name of Avenger 4? I'm predicting Avengers Assemble
First Page Last Page
Page 287 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.