*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,513,077 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

they need to realize that the core audience for GOTG doesn't give 2 sheets about this.
The audience probably doesn't, but especially on a film like Guardians the director has way more impact than a lot of folks realize. They want 3 to be as big as the other two.
AgfromHOU
AG
Also, Snyder had a 5 film vision that allowed for spinoffs.

Man of Steel, BvS, JL1, JL2, Injustice adaptation.

That's not good for a cinematic universe.

Contrast to Feige, who had his vision set up in phases and how each phase led to the next phase.
TajMaballer
AG

I might take some time and check out a couple of these. Would be cool to see Captain America Winter Soldier on the big screen again.
dave94
AG
TajMaballer said:

I might take some time and check out a couple of these. Would be cool to see Captain America Winter Soldier on the big screen again.
I never got to see Infinity War in IMAX. I'm in!
TexasAggie_02
AG
i never noticed an update, so i just went and looked it up. Infinity hit 2 billion worldwide, and is at $678 million domestically.

https://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=marvel0518.htm
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I'm seeing some speculation that the Captain Marvel trailer could be timed to release with this.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
20 movies in IMAX?

That's awesome, but that is a significant chunk of change to see them all. And that's if I went alone! Imagine taking kids with you. And getting snacks for each.

That may be close to a grand to take your kids to see them all. Wow.
TajMaballer
AG
I would love to see the final numbers on which one was the most attended. I can imagine the Cap ones are going to be packed.
tx1c
AG
dave94 said:

TajMaballer said:

I never got to see Infinity War in IMAX. I'm in!

I thought it was better in IMAX.
TexasAggie_02
AG
dcaggie04
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

20 movies in IMAX?

That's awesome, but that is a significant chunk of change to see them all. And that's if I went alone! Imagine taking kids with you. And getting snacks for each.

That may be close to a grand to take your kids to see them all. Wow.

Regal Theatres are also doing this at their IMAX locations.
https://twitter.com/RegalMovies/status/1028019127691210753/photo/1
swimmerbabe11
I will say that I thought the stan Lee cameo in IW was the least inspired one so far. I was a bit disappointed
Bruce Almighty
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I will say that I thought the stan Lee cameo in IW was the least inspired one so far. I was a bit disappointed

At 95 years old, I'm just happy we're getting anything.
swimmerbabe11
This point you make, Its a good one
AliasMan02
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Followed up with his best one in AM&tW
TCTTS
AG
Sex Panther
AG
lmfao
swimmerbabe11
What makes you think I have seen it yet?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
IW blu-ray just delivered.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Anyone else read that tweet in Korg's voice?

Because it's even more hilarious like that.
Urban Ag
AG
Finally caught a second watch of IW on a flight the other day. I'd dig up the IW thread but I don't have stars. Can someone help me out?

I know the Asgardians delivered the Reality Stone to the Collector on Knowhere, but where did they get it from?

What is the backstory for the Red Skull ending up on Vormir as the keeper of the Soul Stone? Was that covered in any of the films or something from the comics?

SeattleAgJr
Urban Ag said:

Finally caught a second watch of IW on a flight the other day. I'd dig up the IW thread but I don't have stars. Can someone help me out?

I know the Asgardians delivered the Reality Stone to the Collector on Knowhere, but where did they get it from?

What is the backstory for the Red Skull ending up on Vormir as the keeper of the Soul Stone? Was that covered in any of the films or something from the comics?

1. The aether from Thor 2 ending credits clip.
2. No. Just that he was searching or it so cursed, blah blah blah.
TajMaballer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

IW blu-ray just delivered.

Damn! Where did you order it from? Still waiting for tomorrow to get the Target exclusive.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Disney Movie Club
rhutton125
AG
Yep - the reality Stone was the Thor 2 macguffin. Red Skull got transported away at the end of Cap 1 and apparently somehow ended up on Vormir.
redline248
AG
Speaking of Red Skull...since Thanos acquired the Soul stone, is he now released from his curse and available to show up in a future Cap movie?
SeattleAgJr
redline248 said:

Speaking of Red Skull...since Thanos acquired the Soul stone, is he now released from his curse and available to show up in a future Cap movie?
sure, why not.
MBAR
AG
What future cap movie?
SeattleAgJr
MBAR said:

What future cap movie?
the inevitable reboot

or he passes the torch to bucky or sam.
TCTTS
AG
Hugo Weaving played Red Skull in the first Cap movie and has since sworn off playing the character or being in a Marvel movie ever again. Apparently he did not enjoy the experience for whatever reason. A different actor played him in IW, and seeing as it was such a limited roll, I doubt they could get away with no Weaving in the roll for an entire movie. But who knows...
redline248
AG
I don't see why they need him. Any actor with a passable German accent can be CGI'd into Red Skull.

And I'm just throwing it out there as a fun hypothetical. What other reason to even bring him into IW?
The Shank Ag
GiveEmHellBill said:

Anyone else read that tweet in Korg's voice?

Because it's even more hilarious like that.

Definitely did. It's not just a middle finger, it's a freaky middle finger
rhutton125
AG
redline248 said:

Yes. Confirmed by the directors, actually. No guarantee he WILL show up, but lore-wise, he's freed from his duty on Vormir.
MBAR
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

MBAR said:

What future cap movie?
the inevitable reboot

or he passes the torch to bucky or sam.
The torch may pass, but neither of those two actors are getting a cap movie. ANd if we're talking a reboot then nothing from the previous movies holds sooooooooo.

I don't see them making any more cap movies. I'm not sure if the chracter will be gone, but I'd bet that stand alone cap movies aren't in the cards.
First Page Last Page
Page 286 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.