*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,513,641 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 5 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That was awesome.
hurleyag
AG
Michael Pena has been the real jewel of the Antman movies.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Can't wait looks fun!
YellAgs
AG
Very interesting. Can't wait to see this, and how it gets integrated into avengers...
fig96
AG
TajMaballer said:

That looks stupidly fun.
Hulla Baller
AG
That was fun and all but I still expect a dusting at the end of the movie.
TCTTS
AG
I can't really elaborate, but I have a friend who saw a cut of Ant-Man and The Wasp a few weeks ago. For the record, just to keep expectations in check, my friend said there is basically zero connective tissue to IW. Like, almost confusingly so. And no one turns to dust in the end, either. So I would go in simply expecting to watch a very contained Ant-Man movie and that's it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, so now we know who Laurence Fishburne is/was in this movie:

Awesome.

FightinTexasAg15
AG
TCTTS said:

I can't really elaborate, but I have a friend who saw a cut of Ant-Man and The Wasp a few weeks ago. For the record, just to keep expectations in check, my friend said there is basically zero connective tissue to IW. Like, almost confusingly so. And no one turns to dust in the end, either. So I would go in simply expecting to watch a very contained Ant-Man movie and that's it.
Is it possible that the cut your friend saw didn't contain anything that pertained to IW because it had not released yet, so they removed it?
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

I mean, as ridiculous as it is to us, this makes sense. If there are people who haven't seen IW, seeing a main character turned to dust would be hellaconfusing.
Farmer1906
AG

Sounds like a nice post-credits scene.
TCTTS
AG
No. Certain things may not have been finished or decided yet, but nothing was purposefully held back. There's a reason my friend saw it so early and it wasn't a part of a test screening or anything like that.
Quinn
AG

nm
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If it did, I'd assume it would be in a post-credits scene. If there is one, I doubt it's been seen yet?
wangus12
AG
The youtube version.

AgMarauder04
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

If it did, I'd assume it would be in a post-credits scene. If there is one, I doubt it's been seen yet?
That would require a fair amount of exposition to explain for a 30 second scene, wouldn't it?
The Shank Ag
So this thread is posting iw spoilers now?
Quinn
AG
The Shank Ag said:

So this thread is posting iw spoilers now?
Kind of what I was wondering... I deleted my post earlier bc I don't want to call specific attention to the spoiler for people that missed it..
TCTTS
AG
Sh*t. Sorry, guys. I wasn't even thinking. Just edited my post and added spoiler tags.
Quinn
AG
No worries - know it wasn't on purpose. I'd already seen that on twitter, so not new to me.
fig96
AG
Edit some posts y'all.
swimmerbabe11
How much life insurance do I need to take out to make sure that Luis narrates my obituary?
Farmer1906
AG
fig96 said:

Edit some posts y'all.
I quoted someone and now edit it. I also flagged the ones with spoilers so staff can maybe take care of it is the posters don't realize.
Fightin TX Aggie
AG
Ant Man versus Thanos:

Tiny Ant Man runs inside Thanos ear or nose, then runs into his brain cavity. Maybe carries a tiny dump truck in with him.

Then Ant Man makes himself and the dump truck revert to normal size, thus completely destroying Thanos' head, brain, etc.

Dead Thanos

Why wouldn't that work?
rhutton125
AG
Thanos has Infinity Earwax and Mucus.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Thanos' brain is outside the quantum realities.
M.C. Swag
AG
You should ask reddit
jackie childs
nm
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$24M Monday, compared to $40M for TFA and BP.

Yeah, that $800M is not gonna happen. Probably closer to 700.

Also puts TFA's insane total in perspective. If this can't come close, what will ever beat it? Avengers 4?
ScottH_01
AG
Monday was a holiday for both of those movies. Not exactly apples to apples.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I still think this will fall short of TFA, but yea, kids were in school today.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I hear you. Plus the summer competition coming up.

But I'm seeing it strictly from a BO perspective, not trying to do a "fair" comparison.
ScottH_01
AG
TFA had the entire christmas break to itself going into January wuth no real competition until Deadpool in February. Avengers has school, plus a large slate of competition, including Deadpool 2 in two weeks, going into this month and the summer.

Not exactly a bold prediction
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
By your logic no two movies' BO should ever be compared unless they release on the same calendar date?
Gangnam Style
AG
Deleted clip from Black Panther. They should've left it in.

https://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/8galgw/deleted_scene_from_black_panther/
First Page Last Page
Page 259 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.