*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,213 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Suppose that's true.
M.C. Swag
AG
I'd bet some of the Guardians of the Galaxy die (Gamora would be my biggest guess)
TCTTS
AG
GOTG3. Summer 2020. She's not dying. But I bet her sister does.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Ant-Man and Hawkeye die. Cap will die and Bucky will take his shield.
TCTTS
AG
Characters who won't die in IW/A4 / have movies coming in the next phase...

- Spider-Man
- Black Panther
- Guardians of the Galaxy

Character who will likely survive / be part of the team going forward...

- Black Widow
- Bucky
- Doctor Strange
- Captain Marvel

Everyone else, I'd say, is fair game.
jackie childs
i've heard the Russo's describe IW as a heist film, so i'm actually not convinced any of the big 5 die in IW.

if ragnarok hadn't been so successful, i think Thor would've made the most logical sense to be on the chopping block for IW. but since it was, i think he survives.

one thing the MCU has done very well is actually develop secondary characters that the audience cares about. think about the impact of Yondu's death. so to show Thanos' power and ruthlessness, they will probably need to kill someone, but i think they might only kill Vision and maybe another secondary-type character.

avengers 4 is a whole other story.
TCTTS
AG
Love this pic...

swimmerbabe11
Mantis is a likely secondary character death.

Also, just reminded me of how sad I was in GOTG2 when Drax was trying to save her

I thought Tony would die. I never considered Thor dying. I was wondering how he'd get his hammer back. Or is the hammer gone forever? Can someone fix it and then we get Beta Ray Bill in the next stage?
TexasAggie_02
AG
Quote:

I was wondering how he'd get his hammer back. Or is the hammer gone forever? Can someone fix it and then we get Beta Ray Bill in the next stage?
is JB Weld worthy?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

Ant-Man and Hawkeye die.
...and that Ant-Man and the Wasp movie that comes out six weeks later is an elaborate prank.

Either that or Ant-Man is like Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense and not really in the movie.
swimmerbabe11
Ant-Man is set before IW, so while I think his death is unlikely, it's not impossible
Bruce Almighty
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Bruce Almighty said:

Ant-Man and Hawkeye die.
...and that Ant-Man and the Wasp movie that comes out six weeks later is an elaborate prank.

Either that or Ant-Man is like Bruce Willis in the Sixth Sense and not really in the movie.

I thought this was about IW and A4.
Simplebay
AG
I will be STUNNED if Iron Man dies.

Not because it's not possible, but because he's just such a cornerstone to everything. and Downey is just perfect. Even though we've talked about it, i will just be shocked if they do it and actually keep him dead ala Yondu.

That being said... Cap is still my favorite. Winter Solider upped the quality of these movies 10fold. Cap is genuine and he's our connection. The heart and soul of this. That one is gonna be tough.

Also... beyond flashbacks... do not do some sort of stupid bring people back from the dead or from another universe or past.

If you go into the past after a character is dead, fine. The implications here are awesome. But once he's dead... he's dead.
Sex Panther
AG
I think Iron Man makes it. Moving forward it will be too valuable to be able to have RDJ do cameos in others movies as the patriarch of the MCU
Bruce Almighty
AG
I won't be shocked if the kill off Iron Man. I don't think there'll be anymore Iron Man movies and unless he's part of the next phase, then I can see it. I don't think they kill off Hulk as that closes the door on other Hulk movies.
Quinn
AG
I can't image Iron Man dying, but I think Cap dies in this one and appears in Avengers 4 as some sort of flashback/time travel/time warp for his final appearance.
Cromagnum
AG
There were more characters in the comics than the MCU, but the ones who died in the comic who overlap are:

Scarlet Witch
Vision
Ironman
Thor
Spiderman
Captain America

AMW2010
AG
Was listening to the radio on my way home from work... they said that Chris Evans is retiring after avengers 4... for what it's worth
TCTTS
TCTTS
AG
israeliag
AG
TCTTS said:

We could track our bets in some kind of dead pool. Do you want to participate in the Deadpool Too?
TCTTS
AG
Cable and willing.
Farmer1906
AG
I think we get a bunch of deaths and turn back time or revive with sorcerers stone.

Cap will officially be dead dead in 4. Nebula will be dead too.
Brick Tamland

What if this happens in IW or A4?

Pic is from the Civil War comic
Solo Tetherball Champ
Bruce Almighty said:

Ant-Man and Hawkeye die. Cap will die and Bucky will take his shield.

Not Bucky. If they don't recast, I either they leave the spot blank or Falcon becomes Captain America. I think Bucky is a bit too morally "grey" for him to embody Captain America.

Stepping back from the who dies speculation, the universe bending possibilities of the infinity stones could enable Marvel to effectively "reset" the mcu with new actors taking over some iconic roles even as some people who are still under contract continue in theirs. It would be interesting if a few characters who survive actually retain memories of the original Captain America (because it's official that Chris Evans is out) even as a new actor takes his place (presumably with a similar backstory and personality to the original, yet different) prior to the "MCU" reset (rather than reboot). I know in the comics they have done stuff like this multiple times where multiple parallel universes are brought together, or at least DC did.

In addition, this could really help Marvel explain how the fantastic four and mutants could show up in the next phase (assuming that the deal goes through). While Marvel always seems to have a longterm plan, they have shown the ability to be flexible.
OnlyForNow
AG
How are people mentioning Falcon in the same vein as Capt. America.

Falcon is a completely normal human. Capt. is a genetically modified human/mutant. It's gotta be Bucky or someone else that is physically much more than a normal human.
Andyzipp
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Falcon is a completely normal human. Capt. is a genetically modified human/mutant. It's gotta be Bucky or someone else that is physically much more than a normal human.
Because in summer 2014, Falcon became Captain America in the comics.
Solo Tetherball Champ
OnlyForNow said:

I'm not talking about physically able.

I'm talking about emotionally and mentally ready for the role. Captain America is to some degree a symbol. Who is better to mentally handle that burden: the somewhat reformed, haunted assassin or the upstanding, moral soldier?

Personally, my preference is to have Cap die heroically and then don't hand the shield over to anyone else. Second to that would be some sort of mystical universe reset enabling a new actor to take over the role (as if he was brought in from a parallel universe or timeline). I'm not a big fan of having a new person step up as the next Iron Man, Captain America, etc. The only exception to that is when the superhero already has a secret identity so someone else could step up, such as Spiderman or Batman.

M.C. Swag
AG
At the end of the day, RDJ and Chris Evans (along with Mark Ruffalo probably) are going to walk away from the MCU. The foundation of the 'next' mega team up film will have to revolve around Disney's latest purchase of X-Men and Fantastic 4 properties. Those 2 comic lines alone should produce enough quality storytelling content to adequately supplant the void left by Iron Man and Capt America's death.

I personally can't wait for a proper F4 franchise with Dr. Doom as the next Thanos.
Sex Panther
AG
M.C. Swag said:

At the end of the day, RDJ and Chris Evans (along with Mark Ruffalo probably) are going to walk away from the MCU. The foundation of the 'next' mega team up film will have to revolve around Disney's latest purchase of X-Men and Fantastic 4 properties. Those 2 comic lines alone should produce enough quality storytelling content to adequately supplant the void left by Iron Man and Capt America's death.

I personally can't wait for a proper F4 franchise with Dr. Doom as the next Thanos.

Marvel should break the bank and do whatever it takes to convince Daniel Day Lewis to play Dr. Doom
jackie childs
Sex Panther said:

M.C. Swag said:

Marvel should break the bank and do whatever it takes to convince Daniel Day Lewis to play Dr. Doom
as "method" as DDL is for his roles, i'm pretty sure you just laid out a blueprint for how the world is going to end
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

jackie childs
OnlyForNow said:

maybe somebody could build him an incredible suit to wear that would give Falcon additional strengths/powers?

anybody know someone who could help with that?

Quad Dog
AG
Quote:

I think we get a bunch of deaths and turn back time or revive with sorcerers stone.

Cap will officially be dead dead in 4. Nebula will be dead too.
Crazy theory with no background whatsoever

Nebula's robotics is being kept alive by the soul stone. Thanos has been hiding it in her to hide his power. He unemotionally destroys his daughter to get it back.
Sex Panther
AG
jackie childs said:

OnlyForNow said:

maybe somebody could build him an incredible suit to wear that would give Falcon additional strengths/powers?

anybody know someone who could help with that?

Yes... Tony Stark
First Page Last Page
Page 237 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.