*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,668 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think the XMen carry the MCU into continued success for phase 5 & 6. We're talking 20 years of great blockbusters. I'm not sure they do that without adding other big characters.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know it's not gonna happen, but I was hoping for an extended break in the MCU after Infinity War. Make it a true end to this era of the MCU, and let it rest for a good 5-10 years before moving to the next generation. Much like between Star Wars trilogies.
mazag08
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I know it's not gonna happen, but I was hoping for an extended break in the MCU after Infinity War. Make it a true end to this era of the MCU, and let it rest for a good 5-10 years before moving to the next generation. Much like between Star Wars trilogies.

I'd be ok with 2 years, but 5 years is too long for me.
AMW2010
AG
rhutton125
AG
No way - Black Panther and Captain Marvel will still be new on the scene. Doctor Strange. Etc. No need to rest them as soon as they're introduced.

Now, I'd be fine with Iron Man or Cap disappearing for a little while, as much as I enjoy them both. Hulk. Not Thor, keep that guy around.
Liquid Wrench
This is thread is starting to remind me of collecting Marvel comics in the early 90s, when you had to follow at least a half dozen titles, read the editors updates, and talk to your friends to figure out what the hell was going on in a single storyline.
Farmer1906
AG
If that were the case then they wouldn't do hundreds of millions in the box office. Casual fans seem to have no issue enjoying the story.
Brick Tamland
But at what point do you have too many characters? I think adding the Fantastic Four would be great for the MCU, but X-Men? What about when they get so far into the catalog that they're doing Guillotine, Moon Knight, Magik, etc.? Too much of a good think is too much. They should just keep their X-Men and Avengers/FF universes apart. Yes, I know Wolverine has been an Avenger, but still.
TCTTS
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Brick Tamland said:

I think they should keep those universes separate

Hmmm... then why get the rights?

Because 20th Century Fox is FAR more than just its Marvel catelogue.
nickstro66
AG
Brick Tamland said:

But at what point do you have too many characters? I think adding the Fantastic Four would be great for the MCU, but X-Men? What about when they get so far into the catalog that they're doing Guillotine, Moon Knight, Magik, etc.? Too much of a good think is too much. They should just keep their X-Men and Avengers/FF universes apart. Yes, I know Wolverine has been an Avenger, but still.

I've been reading Moon Knight comics recently and I really hope they add him to their Netflix roster. He's an incredibly interesting character
Brick Tamland
I wouldn't mind that, or even keep X-Men semi separate like they do the Netflix and Agents of SHIELD series. I just think crossing over X-Men and Avengers movies could get really messy. My main gripe with Marvel is all the different groups and how large they are. The X-Men catalog is as big or bigger than their current Avengers catalog, even when you add FF to the scene.
Gigem314
AG
FTACO97 said:

AliasMan02 said:

TCTTS said:

Does anyone really want this movie? I can't imagine more of a let down after IW. A "romantic comedy" action pic set before IW? No thanks.

Shut your e-mouth. Ant Man was a blast and had such heart. Really looking forward to it. I friggin love Paul Rudd.
This. Plus we need more Michael Pena voice over stories
"So...I was at this wine tasting...and..."
Liquid Wrench
Farmer1906 said:

If that were the case then they wouldn't do hundreds of millions in the box office. Casual fans seem to have no issue enjoying the story.
If what were the case? If it is the case that this thread reminds me a little of reading and collecting Marvel comics in the early 90s during crossover craze? It is the case, this is not debatable.
mazag08
AG
But the thread is just speculation. Should we not discuss what we want to see in a Star Wars movie? What about Game of Thrones?

The source material for this universe is massive. But the movies are relatively easy to follow for anyone older than 4.
aggiebird02
Moon Knight is Awesome!
fig96
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

Moon Knight is Awesome!
Moon Knight screams Netflix series to me.
nickstro66
AG
I think he'd be a perfect Netflix series. They could really dive into his schizophrenia and how dark his story is. Can't see them doing that properly in a PG-13 movie.
Brick Tamland
Does he tie in with the Defenders and/or Punisher at all? Of course it doesn't have to, kind of like Black Lightning and Arrow/Flash. Just curious.
fig96
AG
Totally, do something in the Jessica Jones vein where it gets more psychological. Feels like the mystical aspect would fit in better there too.

If I remember his story is mostly set in LA?
fig96
AG
He's got some history with Punisher if I recall, I haven't read a ton of the character though.
SeattleAgJr
He is a Batman ripoff (rich playboy crime fight), except he is mentally crazy and tends to work in one large city.

Lots of Egyptian mythology crap, so would make sense with NY and the Museums there.
MBAR
AG
Marvel literally can't miss, has had arguably their best 12 month period, and there are actually people arguing they should stop for 5 years.

Ohhhhhhhhk

MooreTrucker
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

He is a Batman ripoff (rich playboy crime fight), except he is mentally crazy and tends to work in one large city.

Except? Doesn't that perfect describe Batman?
nickstro66
AG
He's got a background with Daredevil and the Punisher. He actually possesses superpowers though. While there are similarities to Batman, his multiple personalities make for a very interesting story.
rhutton125
AG
Jessica Jones + frequent martial arts sequences? Sign me up.
TCTTS
AG
Bruce Almighty
AG
Iron Jesus. Can't wait for someone to get offended.
Bruce Almighty
AG
So does this mean Black Panther betrays Iron Man?
SeattleAgJr
TCTTS said:

still no hawkeye
Bruce Almighty
AG
SeattleAgJr said:

TCTTS said:

still no hawkeye

He is and isn't. Look at the teamwork poster on the wall.
Bruce Almighty
AG
The TV also has Hawkeye and Ant-Man and titled "sighted in New York". And what the hell is Stan Lee doing?
Farmer1906
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

The TV also has Hawkeye and Ant-Man and titled "sighted in New York". And what the hell is Stan Lee doing?

Tending to the meat on the vertical spit.
swimmerbabe11
rhutton125 said:

Jessica Jones + frequent martial arts sequences? Sign me up.

Shut up or Iron Fist will hear you.
swimmerbabe11
Have yall heard the stuff lately claiming that Stan Lee has been getting screwed by his agent?
Liquid Wrench
Yes. Sounds like his Autumn years have not been kind.
First Page Last Page
Page 233 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.