*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,527 Views | 27740 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
TajMaballer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To each their own, but the way I have them ranked:

1. Dark Knight
2. Winter Soldier
3. Civil War
4. Batman Begins
5. First Avenger
6. Dark Knight Rises - very bad with a couple good scenes, but brings down the entire trilogy for me.

First Avenger might be the most underrated MCU movie, if not most underrated superhero movie.
fig96
AG
TajMaballer said:

jtstanley4621 said:

TXAGFAN said:

I dunno...Batman was pretty cinematic I'd say?
I still would contend that the dark knight trilogy is better than essentially anything Marvel has put out. It's all about the movies being done well with compelling characters. Wonder Woman was pretty good, but overall the DCU movies have flopped for me.
Captain America trilogy > Dark Knight Trilogy
I might agree with that one.

I really enjoyed Nolan's films, but they weren't necessarily great Batman films for me.
Farmer1906
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

TajMaballer said:

jtstanley4621 said:

TXAGFAN said:

I dunno...Batman was pretty cinematic I'd say?
I still would contend that the dark knight trilogy is better than essentially anything Marvel has put out. It's all about the movies being done well with compelling characters. Wonder Woman was pretty good, but overall the DCU movies have flopped for me.
Captain America trilogy > Dark Knight Trilogy
1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. Winter Soldier
4. Civil War
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. The First Avenger

1a. Winter Soldier
1b. Dark Knight
3. Civil War
4. Batman Begins
5. Dark Knight Rises
6. First Avenger
MBAR
AG
TajMaballer said:

To each their own, but the way I have them ranked:

1. Dark Knight
2. Winter Soldier
3. Civil War
4. Batman Begins
5. First Avenger
6. Dark Knight Rises - very bad with a couple good scenes, but brings down the entire trilogy for me.

First Avenger might be the most underrated MCU movie, if not most underrated superhero movie.

I think we can all agree that were lucky as hell to have both sets of movies.
Brick Tamland
First Avenger is severely underrated, in my opinion. Probably one of my favorites, and the first Marvel movie I ever bought when I started getting them last summer. However, Civil War is a little overrated and the Batman trilogy is king here. Just my opinion, and I love the Cap movies.
TajMaballer
AG
For sure! Golden Era of comic book movies!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TDKR was a step down for the trilogy, but "very bad" is hardly accurate for that movie.

Iron Man 2 is very bad. Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2 were very bad. Etc.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
1. The Dark Knight
2a. Winter Soldier (tie)
2b. Batman Begins
4. The Dark Knight Rises

5. Civil War
6. First Avenger
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

TDKR was a step down for the trilogy, but "very bad" is hardly accurate for that movie.

Gotcha... Justice League was a comical piece of ****
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
TajMaballer
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Personal preference, but TDKR bores me like no other in that second half of the movie. Made me not care about Batman, who was my favorite superhero at the time.

The Captain America movies have made him my favorite superhero and got me to check out a lot more comics.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You're really pushing the Marvel agenda this week, huh?

We get it, you hate DC.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

You're really pushing the Marvel agenda this week, huh?

We get it, you hate DC.

Hate DC? Bruh... I'm the biggest Batman dork on the planet. It sucks their movies aren't very good, but is what it is.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
rhutton125
AG
I'd contest that Iron Man 2 was very bad. Redundant and more of the same, with forced Shield stuff, and a super-brief, underwhelming villain, but it's still got a lot of what makes a modern comic book film. Strong visuals, humor, some decent action, an army of robots. No sky laser though.

I think it's near the bottom for the MCU but it's not total dog**** either.

I think TDKR and First Avenger are both pretty boring. TDKR has ideas and a villain plan that just didn't work for me, and is extra long to boot, and First Avenger has some decent period piece elements but pretty poor action overall and some cheesy dialogue ("Let's hear it for Captain America!"). Has heart though. Not sure which I'd put above the other.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DCEU, to be specific. You hijack the Man of Steel thread to say Ant-Man is better. You're just sounding like a fanboy, at this point, dude.
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

First half of IM2 is right up there with any Marvel flick, and the suitcase armor is still one of Tony's coolest. You can really feel the point where the Marvel execs stepped in.
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

DCEU, to be specific. You hijack the Man of Steel thread to say Ant-Man is better. You're just sounding like a fanboy, at this point, dude.

The mother of all fanboys calls me a fanboy. Gotcha Spilner.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
israeliag
AG
IM2 gave us Don Cheadle as Rhodey.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm not about to jump into the Black Panther thread just to say it sucks and Man of Steel is better, am I?
Sex Panther
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm not about to jump into the Black Panther thread just to say it sucks and Man of Steel is better, am I?

The Man of Steel thread was started specifically to address the short comings it had. And plenty of people have talked about things they didn't like about Black Panther. It's called a discussion. I know how much you hate it when people criticize the stuff you like. Hell I'm almost scared to look at the Last Jedi thread to see your take on that one.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
Sex Panther
AG
And now that I am one dork arguing with another dork about comic book movies on the internet, I think I'll go jump off my building.
**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
TajMaballer
AG
In that Man of Steel thread, there was plenty of discussion about Man of Steel being better than Marvel movies. Do those people have an anti-Marvel agenda? No. Just like people who criticize DC movies don't have an anti-DC agenda. People just prefer what they prefer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

I know how much you hate it when people criticize the stuff you like.
And cleary, it doesn't bother you in the least.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think Ant-Man is clearly better than MoS.

MoS was the most boring superhero movie I have ever seen.
MooreTrucker
AG
Y'all just need to set your sights lower and enjoy them for what they are. There isn't a superhero movie that I didn't like and don't watch again as often as I can.

Except The Incredible Hulk. But I don't like Edward Norton.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I don't really have anything against Ant-Man specifically, it was just meh to me, completely forgettable. Haven't watched it again or had the urge to, but I may give it another shot before watching 2.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Iron Man 2 isn't good, but it isn't bad either. Catwoman, Batman and Robin, and Elektra are bad.
Brick Tamland
But isn't Captain America supposed to be cheesy? I mean, the dude dances on stage with girls in short skirts. His first comics are super cheesy. I think it really works for him in that movie, and then it got serious for him after he woke up from his stasis.

Shazam is about to be cheesy but that's because that's what the character requires.
Brick Tamland
I prefer DC movies because of Batman mainly, but why can't we all just co-exist and like them both? I think when/if WB figures out what they're doing we will have two universes of different types of superhero movies and we all benefit. We can have Marvel for the fun, huge universe, and DC for the darker, more serious movies.

While I'm a bigger fan of DC, I'm not about to miss a movie that has Iron Man, Cap, or the Guardians.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TajMaballer
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I prefer DC movies because of Batman mainly, but why can't we all just co-exist and like them both? I think when/if WB figures out what they're doing we will have two universes of different types of superhero movies and we all benefit. We can have Marvel for the fun, huge universe, and DC for the darker, more serious movies.

While I'm a bigger fan of DC, I'm not about to miss a movie that has Iron Man, Cap, or the Guardians.

Meant to add this sentiment! A good superhero movie is a good superhero movie at the end of the day. I'm there Thursday night at 7 DC or Marvel! I want all these movies to be great.
Brick Tamland
Except for the Fox XMen movies outside of Deadpool. Screw those guys
TajMaballer
AG
Brick Tamland said:

Except for the Fox XMen movies outside of Deadpool. Screw those guys

God bless Movie Pass for those!
MooreTrucker
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

.... Catwoman, Batman and Robin, and Elektra are bad.
Oh man, I completely forgot those even existed. Yeah, I won't watch those.

Well, maybe Elektra for Jennifer Garner.....

israeliag
AG
Let's get back to discussing what we like, not what we hate:

Who's your favorite secondary MCU character?

Basically anyone that didn't have a movie named after them (so it would include Hawkeye, Vision, etc, even though they are part of the Avengers).

Mine is Don Cheadle, I mean Rhodey. Korg is a close second.
Brick Tamland
Rocket/Groot is my favorite secondary character(s).

Yondu - "What? No!"
Rocket - "He thinks you want him to wear it as a hat."
Yondu - "That's not what I said!"
Groot - "I am Groot."
Rocket - "He's relieved that you don't want him to."
Groot - "I am Groot."
Rocket - "He hates hats."
Groot - "I am Groot."
Rocket - "On anyone, not just himself."
Groot - "I am Groot."
Rocket - "You see someone and think they have a weird head and then it just turns out part of their head is a hat. That's why you don't like hats?

I have them as secondary because I consider Star Lord the main character of Guardians of the Galaxy
First Page Last Page
Page 216 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.