*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,553 Views | 27740 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
80s Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Tony was already a little pissy about the stuff Thor introduced, imagine how he's gong to feel about dimensional magic. Ha

If we don't get a line to the effect of "Great, now we have freaking wizards?" I will be disappointed. Then a continuing line of jokes about wizard hats and Harry Potter.
Farmer1906
AG
I could see him calling him Gandalf.
TexasAggie_02
AG
80s Guy said:

Quote:

Tony was already a little pissy about the stuff Thor introduced, imagine how he's gong to feel about dimensional magic. Ha

If we don't get a line to the effect of "Great, now we have freaking wizards?" I will be disappointed. Then a continuing line of jokes about wizard hats and Harry Potter.
Gandalf, Dumbledore, Merlin, Fairy God Mother, Tinkerbell, Jafar, Harry Potter
Bruce Almighty
AG
Peter Parker needs to nerd out to Dr. Strange
MooreTrucker
AG
fig96 said:

That should be fun, especially if we get a bit of Sherlock-esque arrogance mixed in there (which plays well to the character).

They HAVE to throw in a Sherlock line somehow, right?????
jackie childs
MooreTrucker said:

fig96 said:

That should be fun, especially if we get a bit of Sherlock-esque arrogance mixed in there (which plays well to the character).

They HAVE to throw in a Sherlock line somehow, right?????
probably a "no sh_t Sherlock" reference
MooreTrucker
AG
Exactly. Followed by a double-take...
TexasAggie_02
AG
Wong should be the one to say "no sh__ sherlock"
MooreTrucker
AG
And have both of them reply....
LeonardSkinner
Shoot, I want Ant-Man to ask if T'Challa's suit is made from bits of real panther, or if it's illegal in nine countries.
"Just retreat into a corner somewhere, suck your thumb and find a way to blame your parents for your ignorance. But do not...under any circumstances...procreate to further denigrate the human gene pool."
-aggiehawg
wangus12
AG
So a buddy of mine brought up the final post-credit scene with Bucky. Shuri calls him White Wolf, a character that is an ally of Black Panther.

I think we might see a change of Bucky from the Winter Soldier to the White Wolf and he may have a role in BP 2 if he survives IWs
jtstanley4621
AG
wangus12 said:

So a buddy of mine brought up the final post-credit scene with Bucky. Shuri calls him White Wolf, a character that is an ally of Black Panther.

I think we might see a change of Bucky from the Winter Soldier to the White Wolf and he may have a role in BP 2 if he survives IWs

That would be pretty cool. It's gonna be interesting to see what they do with the characters if some of the original actors don't sign to renew their deals.

I did think that scene was a bit peculiar. If you've seen any of the infinity war trailers you already know that Bucky is back for those movies. Maybe there is more to it than just him being back.
AliasMan02
AG
I think it was more about him being cured and revealing he's no longer on ice.

Also isn't Stan's contract crazy long? Like ten films?
wangus12
AG
I think it was an initial 9 film contract and he has been in the 3 Captain America movies. Not sure this one would count with just one scene.
redline248
AG
Yeah, I was discussing with someone whether or not post credit scenes like that count toward his tally
redline248
AG
I also wonder if the total had changed since IW is now 1 movie
AgMarauder04
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

wangus12 said:

That would be pretty cool. It's gonna be interesting to see what they do with the characters if some of the original actors don't sign to renew their deals.

I did think that scene was a bit peculiar. If you've seen any of the infinity war trailers you already know that Bucky is back for those movies. Maybe there is more to it than just him being back.
They couldn't do BP without SOME reference to Bucky. We all knew he was there after Civil War.
Cromagnum
AG
Need a "nice job butterfingers" remark from Tony to Strange before the reveal that he is a wizard. Or something to the effect of "yep, his name checks out"
Cromagnum
AG
Could also have a dialogue between Strange and Rhodey comparing old injuries.

Rhodey: What happened to you?

Strange: Car crash off a mountain. You?

Rhodey: Crashed a flying mech from 30,000 feet.
wangus12
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

jtstanley4621 said:

wangus12 said:

They couldn't do BP without SOME reference to Bucky. We all knew he was there after Civil War.
They made two right. The post-credit scene and the scene where the bring Martin Freeman in on a stretcher and the sister says, "You've brought me another broken white boy to fix"
Brick Tamland
Was watching Iron Man 2 and saw an Easter egg I hadn't noticed. When Tony is talking to Coulson in his lab while trying to create his triangular chest piece, he notices a circular object with a Star in the middle and tattered blue and red pieces on it. It looked like a model of Cap's shield. Coulson asked Tony if he knew what it was, and his response was to put it underneath a tube to level it out.

Just kinda cool I guess.
FaceMask
You're late brah, but yes a cool Easter egg.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Thor Ragnorak deleted scene

He was apparently shooting scenes next door for a GOTG ride and stopped by the Thor set to mess around. He's asking where Kevin Feige's office is.
Sex Panther
AG
TCTTS said:

TexAgs needs a tag feature so I can tag SP...

TexAgs profile pic updated...

**** THE RANGERS

**** GARCIA

ALTUVE IS GOD
fig96
AG
Quote:

Mark Millar Has an Interesting Theory About Why Marvel Movies Work and DC Movies Don't

Marvel vs. DC is a debate that keeps on giving. It's been filtered through every medium imaginable and, in recent years, played out in grand fashion at the movies. However, while Marvel Studios has had a very impressive string of critical and commercial successes, DC Films has struggled to do the same.

How and why this is the case isn't a question anyone can definitely answer. Hell, some people would disagree entirely, saying the DC movies are wonderful and Marvel movies are bad. But one person who knows both the comic book and film business, Mark Millar, has an idea. Millar has written for both companies and has penned some of their most memorable storylines ever. He's also created characters that have been brought to life on the big screen. And in a recent interview, Yahoo asked why he thinks DC hasn't been able to match Marvel's success.

"I think it's really simple," Millar said. "The [DC] characters aren't cinematic."

https://io9.gizmodo.com/mark-millar-has-an-interesting-about-theory-why-marvel-1823282223

rhutton125
AG
Wh....wha?

Most of the MCU characters don't have secret identities. I think the main answer is writing and studio meddling. It's what made Spider-Man not work in ASM2 but totally work in Homecoming.

Also, kickstarting a franchise way too aggressively. See the much-ridiculed BvS scene, the Dark Universe monsters universe, peoples' recollections of Iron Man 2, ASM2, etc. People don't like when you inject things with forced tie-ins or ramped-up universe-building. Let it breathe.

Take your time, good writing, less studio meddling.
TXAGFAN
AG
I dunno...Batman was pretty cinematic I'd say?
MooreTrucker
AG
rhutton125 said:

Wh....wha?

Most of the MCU characters don't have secret identities. I think the main answer is writing and studio meddling. It's what made Spider-Man not work in ASM2 but totally work in Homecoming.

Also, kickstarting a franchise way too aggressively. See the much-ridiculed BvS scene, the Dark Universe monsters universe, peoples' recollections of Iron Man 2, ASM2, etc. People don't like when you inject things with forced tie-ins or ramped-up universe-building. Let it breathe.

So much this. Had DC gone through the same universe-building - introducing and establishing characters, backstories, etc. - THEN done the team-up of JL, it probably would have been a lot better. As it is, they're experimenting and reacting, and building a team with characters that don't mesh....yet, and some folks haven't even heard of.
jtstanley4621
AG
TXAGFAN said:

I still would contend that the dark knight trilogy is better than essentially anything Marvel has put out. It's all about the movies being done well with compelling characters. Wonder Woman was pretty good, but overall the DCU movies have flopped for me.
fig96
AG
rhutton125 said:

Wh....wha?

I don't disagree with the studio part, but I think you're taking the secret identity mention a bit literally.

He's talking about the personalities of their alter egos being what drives the characters, and I think he's absolutely right there. What makes Iron Man great isn't the suit, it's Tony Stark. They have great characters that audiences relate and want to see to behind these superpowered heroes.
TajMaballer
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

TXAGFAN said:

I still would contend that the dark knight trilogy is better than essentially anything Marvel has put out. It's all about the movies being done well with compelling characters. Wonder Woman was pretty good, but overall the DCU movies have flopped for me.
Captain America trilogy > Dark Knight Trilogy
MBAR
AG
TajMaballer said:

jtstanley4621 said:

TXAGFAN said:

Uhhhhh, I'm going to go with nope. The Dark Knight is still the best movie and I think the original Captain America is the worst movie of the 6.
Bruce Almighty
AG
TajMaballer said:

jtstanley4621 said:

TXAGFAN said:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. Winter Soldier
4. Civil War
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. The First Avenger

MBAR
AG
Bruce Almighty said:

TajMaballer said:

jtstanley4621 said:

TXAGFAN said:

1. The Dark Knight
2. Batman Begins
3. Winter Soldier
4. Civil War
5. The Dark Knight Rises
6. The First Avenger

Yeah this would likely be my order with maybe winter soldier and batman begins tied.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TXAGFAN said:

....lest people forget.
First Page Last Page
Page 215 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.