*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,456 Views | 27740 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Homecoming is on Starz. You know, that is just a very well put together movie. Handled everything with the suit and Stark and the villain very well. Avoided the origin stuff. Just really solid.

I think it's my favorite. Although I am biased as Spider-Man is my favorite superhero. But I watched it with my family and even my mom, who hates Marvel movies generally, was talking about how great it was.
Farmer1906
AG
Champ Bailey said:

AliasMan02 said:

Homecoming is on Starz. You know, that is just a very well put together movie. Handled everything with the suit and Stark and the villain very well. Avoided the origin stuff. Just really solid.

I think it's my favorite. Although I am biased as Spider-Man is my favorite superhero. But I watched it with my family and even my mom, who hates Marvel movies generally, was talking about how great it was.
Don't get me wrong. It is good. Very good in fact, but it doesn't have that something special to make it great.

But I also see why it relates to more than just the comic book fan. It touches on a being a John Hughes esce film.
jtstanley4621
AG
The thing I likes so much about homecoming is it at its core is a pretty good high school movie. But it takes it a step further, and really twists it.

It was great to see the audience reaction to the Vulture being Peter's date's dad. I remember going to pick up my date for homecoming and being really nervous about meeting her dad. It was hilarious to see them sort of turn that up to 11 in the sense that her dad is both a villain and a scary as hell dude.

I thought it really breathed new air into the franchise and I definitely want to see the sequels and where they take the series. I think Tom Holland is as close to comic book Peter Parker and we've seen.
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
I think BP breaks the bottom four on opening weekend alone.
TCTTS
AG

Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention...

Starting in the next few hours, general, non-spoiler Black Panther reactions will be relegated to this thread. While all spoiler conversation should be reserved for the official Black Panther thread and all spoilers should be appropriately tagged/hidden. However, come Monday, spoiler tags will no longer be required in the official thread and all bets are off. This thread should remain spoiler free for at least the next few weeks, though.
lne2011
AG
TCTTS said:

Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention...

Starting in the next few hours, general, non-spoiler Black Panther reactions will be relegated to this thread. While all spoiler conversation should be reserved for the official Black Panther thread and all spoilers should be appropriately tagged/hidden. However, come Monday, spoiler tags will no longer be required in the official thread and all bets are off. This thread should remain spoiler free for at least the next few weeks, though.

jtstanley4621
AG
Glad I unfollowed the Black Panther thread yesterday then! Seeing it Sunday and I'm going to try my absolute hardest to not see any spoilers.
gougler08
AG
I unfollowed it because it was the Politics board part 2
jtstanley4621
AG
gougler08 said:

I unfollowed it because it was the Politics board part 2
I felt like it got a little bit better towards the end, but yes definitely that too.
israeliag
AG
See y'all back Tuesday evening (I'll be avoiding even this thread until then).
Brick Tamland
I noticed in Homecoming that Happy says something about Cap's new shield being on the plane. Odds he gets it back at the end of Infinity War?
gougler08
AG
Brick Tamland said:

I noticed in Homecoming that Happy says something about Cap's new shield being on the plane. Odds he gets it back at the end of Infinity War?

Don't we see Cap with a new shield in the trailer for Infinity War? Or are you guessing he gets the a new "American" one at some point?
Brick Tamland
That he gets the new American one
TCTTS
AG
redline248
AG
Don't think this movie has the staying power, though.
Brock Sampson
AG
Currently watching The Defenders...

Will they show up during Infinity War? I would assume so after seeing the quote about "67 characters" showing up in the movie.
redline248
AG
I doubt it very much
Bruce Almighty
AG
Not likely. Marvel has mentioned that they are in the same universe but will not be in the movies.
AliasMan02
AG
Brock Sampson said:

Will they show up during Infinity War? I would assume so after seeing the quote about "67 characters" showing up in the movie.

I think there is a TINY chance that the Defenders or Agents of SHIELD make some sort of background appearance. It would have to be something COMPLETELY insignificant to the movie, though, and they would probably have to be out if costume/uniform so the casual viewer would thing that this chick helping civilians away from the battle (or whatever) is just some random person, while fans of the shows would recognize Agent Simmons or Jessica Jones or whoever.

If anything, maybe we get some "sign gags" where the exploits if our TV heroes are discussed on news reports or up on bus ads or whatever.
TexasAggie_02
AG
So since the final stone wasn't revealed in Black Panther, where do you think it is?

I still think Heimdal has it.

Thanos attacks the Asguardians to get the Tesseract and realizes the Heimdal has the soul gem (or maybe he already knows about it). With the soul gem, he can see all the souls in the galaxy, and therefore see who is in possession of the other stones. Then he can use the Tesseract to teleport to each location.
Rapier108
Brock Sampson said:

No evidence they will, but Charlie Cox said their contracts require them to appear in the movies if Marvel wants them to, so it is always possible, albeit unlikely.
Farmer1906
AG
I would expect a small easter egg at most, but probably not even that.
TCTTS
AG
TexAgs needs a tag feature so I can tag SP...

fig96
AG
redline248 said:

Don't think this movie has the staying power, though.
I'm betting you're wrong on that one.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

So since the final stone wasn't revealed in Black Panther, where do you think it is?

Thanos attacks the Asguardians to get the Tesseract and realizes the Heimdal has the soul gem (or maybe he already knows about it). With the soul gem, he can see all the souls in the galaxy, and therefore see who is in possession of the other stones. Then he can use the Tesseract to teleport to each location.
I think it's in Wakanda. I think it came to earth in the meteor that brought the Vibranium and crashed there. It's also what mutated the Heart Flowers to be able to imbue superhuman abilities into people and also lets them venture into that alternate plane of reality where they 'see' the dead. That's not a vision.....they really are entering the realm of the dead.

It would also easily explain why there seems to be a major battle on the plains of Wakanda in the previews. I'll bet it's the final stone Thanos needs and all of the Earth's heroes converge there for one final battle.
AgMarauder04
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

TexasAggie_02 said:

I think it's in Wakanda. I think it came to earth in the meteor that brought the Vibranium and crashed there. It's also what mutated the Heart Flowers to be able to imbue superhuman abilities into people and also lets them venture into that alternate plane of reality where they 'see' the dead. That's not a vision.....they really are entering the realm of the dead.

It would also easily explain why there seems to be a major battle on the plains of Wakanda in the previews. I'll bet it's the final stone Thanos needs and all of the Earth's heroes converge there for one final battle.

I've read they expect that battle to be early on in the movie
fig96
AG

jtstanley4621
AG
So here's something I've realized I don't really like that is in a lot of Marvel movies. Them seemingly HAVING to make the villian's threat equal "earth is in danger." I think I like the movies more when earth as a whole isn't really involved.

I liked Homecoming so much because it was just about New York. There was an avengers tie-in, but it never felt much bigger than just spider man's world. Same thing with Ragnarok. The stakes were higher than Homecoming, but it was contained to Asgard and Sakaar, which was great.

And that's why I think that Infinity War is gonna be good. Because it's not just the earth, it's the entire universe.

What sort of bothered me about Black Panther was it raised the stakes past Wakanda in the sense that if Killmonger won they'd destroy a lot of the established world using vibranium. I kind of wish the movie had been all about Killmonger starting a revolution and winning the throne, setting up a showdown for the second black panther movie. But they need Wakanda intact for Infinity War, so it makes sense
redline248
AG
In Ragnarok, Hela was going to take over the universe, wasn't she? Or, at least the 9 realms, or whatever?
MBAR
AG
redline248 said:

In Ragnarok, Hela was going to take over the universe, wasn't she? Or, at least the 9 realms, or whatever?
Yeah I actually disagree with his scope of the threat in Thor and BP.
jtstanley4621
AG
MBAR said:

redline248 said:

Yeah I actually disagree with his scope of the threat in Thor and BP.
Fair enough. I meant it in the sense that "oh no earth is in danger!" wasn't a main point of the movie. Maybe secondarily, but it was mostly about Asgard and then the universe as a whole. I still think it was contained mostly within the Thor universe. I guess maybe I'm saying it feels like Earth itself in these movies is a little played out. I'd rather have it take place entirely in a city, or a new world/place.
MBAR
AG
I think the Thor and Guadians always have a bigger scope because they are set in space, but honestly all the Iron Man movies have a pretty small scope. Captain America is a bit bigger, but still not the entire Earth. Ant Man was a small scope villain Dr Strange was definitely a larger scope, but I think given the character that's appropriate. I guess outside of the Avengers movies I don't think there's many that have a large scale..
redline248
AG
MBAR said:

I think the Thor and Guadians always have a bigger scope because they are set in space, but honestly all the Iron Man movies have a pretty small scope. Captain America is a bit bigger, but still not the entire Earth. Ant Man was a small scope villain Dr Strange was definitely a larger scope, but I think given the character that's appropriate. I guess outside of the Avengers movies I don't think there's many that have a large scale..

I was just about to post similarly.

Which turned my thoughts to Dr. Strange and Tony Stark meeting. Tony was already a little pissy about the stuff Thor introduced, imagine how he's gong to feel about dimensional magic. Ha
fig96
AG
redline248 said:

MBAR said:

I was just about to post similarly.

Which turned my thoughts to Dr. Strange and Tony Stark meeting. Tony was already a little pissy about the stuff Thor introduced, imagine how he's gong to feel about dimensional magic. Ha
That should be fun, especially if we get a bit of Sherlock-esque arrogance mixed in there (which plays well to the character).
First Page Last Page
Page 214 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.