*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,941 Views | 27741 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by YouBet
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
rhutton125 said:

Maybe a 5'8, tenacious and violent Wolverine.

Also, maybe an X-Men movie without Wolverine at all, first? Save him for the sequel? I believe Dark Phoenix will be the first main entry film without him.

I still say Jon Bernthal is perfect for Wolverine. He looks like him, he can grow his hair like him, he's awesome at playing a raging maniac. IMDB says he's 5'11 which means he's probably more like 5'9 in real life.

He's already The Punisher but that's obviously never stopped Marvel before.
fig96
AG
YouBet said:

rhutton125 said:

Maybe a 5'8, tenacious and violent Wolverine.

Also, maybe an X-Men movie without Wolverine at all, first? Save him for the sequel? I believe Dark Phoenix will be the first main entry film without him.

I still say Jon Bernthal is perfect for Wolverine. He looks like him, he can grow his hair like him, he's awesome at playing a raging maniac. IMDB says he's 5'11 which means he's probably more like 5'9 in real life.

He's already The Punisher but that's obviously never stopped Marvel before.
He'd be great but he's in his early 40s, I have to think they'd go younger for the role, particularly if it's a character being "discovered" in this world.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Sure he's in his 40's now (41), but how about Scott Caan?

He looks somewhat "grizzled" but not old, he's the right height (5'5"), and he can project the right constantly pissed off attitude while also handling the smartass aspect.
Brick Tamland
SIAP, Spider-Man: Homecoming is $10 on iTunes right now
CowtownAg06
AG
Also on Amazon.. I picked it up.
israeliag
AG
Black Widow movie closer to being realized.
TajMaballer
AG
Black Panther tickets are available and apparently selling fast! Any predictions for box office run?

OW: 120
Domestic: 400
World Wide: 850

http://deadline.com/2018/01/black-panther-box-office-projection-fandango-advance-ticket-sales-marvel-1202239707/
lunchbox
https://www.usatoday.com/story/life/entertainthis/2018/01/10/chris-hemsworth-visualized-thor-4-director-taika-waititi-new-years-eve/1022843001/
Gigem314
AG
TexasAggie_02 said:

I would love to see Alien vs Predator vs Deadpool
Alright guys so how are we gonna do this? Guns, no guns? Oh who are we kidding... I mean, I'm contractually obligated for at least two more movies after this one so obviously I'M not the one whose going to die (oh sorry...spoiler alert).

God, you are hideous! And not just in a Freddy vs. Jason sort of way!

Can I get a selfie? No?? I bet you would have done it for LOGAN. **** that guy and his tight jeans!
Nm
Brick Tamland
Ant-Man and the Wasp comes out July 6th
redline248
AG
Is that after IW?
SeattleAgJr
after
Brick Tamland
Theatrical release is after, but the story line is before Infinity War
rhutton125
AG
Really? I hadn't heard that anywhere before. I know it's post-Civil War but I doubt it's pre-IW.
Brick Tamland
Quote:

From the Marvel Cinematic Universe comes Ant-Man and The Wasp, a new chapter featuring heroes with the astonishing ability to shrink. In the aftermath of Captain America: Civil War, Scott Lang grapples with the consequences of his choices as both a super hero and a father. As he struggles to rebalance his life with his responsibilities as Ant-Man, he's confronted by Hope van Dyne and Dr. Hank Pym with an urgent new mission. Scott must once again put on the suit and learn to fight alongside the Wasp as the team works together to uncover secrets from the past.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/914713-new-ant-man-and-the-wasp-plot-synopsis-and-photo/amp
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Well. there's got to be some explanation as to how he gets out of that super prison he and the Captain America supporters were locked up in.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Ant-Man 2 opening Scene: Ant-man is about to be crushed under Thanos' boot

**Record screeching as action pauses**

Scott Lang: Well, I bet you wonder how I ended up in this mess. Let's back up a bit

**Video tape rewinding noise**

Scott Lang: You see, it all started at this super secret ocean prison. Off the books sorta place. Turns out the government type folks don't like it when you help an accused war criminal rescue his actual war criminal (but brainwashed) friend......
Pro Ag
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Well. there's got to be some explanation as to how he gets out of that super prison he and the Captain America supporters were locked up in.

At the end of Civil War when Tony is reading Steve's note, they show the prison and that folks had been busted out. I'm guessing they don't do anything more on screen, maybe just a mention that Steve broke him out.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Pro Ag said:

GiveEmHellBill said:

At the end of Civil War when Tony is reading Steve's note, they show the prison and that folks had been busted out. I'm guessing they don't do anything more on screen, maybe just a mention that Steve broke him out.
Yeah, the last shot was from within one of the cells (I think Falcon's) and we see Steve walk up, with all the guards already shown incapacitated.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Completely forgot about that. Thanks.
TCTTS
AG
I know this is supposed to be set in the '90s, but I guess they're really going for that '90s/Power Range vibe...

TCTTS
AG
Actually, they're saying this might be for Avengers 4, which is even more confusing, considering Sam Jackson and Cobie Smulders are on set in these pics as well...
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

You'll note that this costume doesn't appear the same as the one we got a glimpse of at Comic-Con last year (refresh your memories here), and one of our resident comic geeks theorizes that what we're seeing here is an earlier, not-yet-final iteration of Carol Danvers' costume.
TCTTS
AG
jtstanley4621
AG
Is she.... reading an absolutely gigantic newspaper or something?

Either way, I think Larson is a very good actress and is also incredibly attractive. I think she'll do very well as Captain Marvel. Also cool to see this plus Wonder Woman as female-led super hero movies.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
TCTTS said:

I know this is supposed to be set in the '90s, but I guess they're really going for that '90s/Power Range vibe...

Looks like this may be a costume she gets from the Nova Corp on Xandar.

Here's what they look like for comparison:

TCTTS
AG
So...

- Captain Marvel is set in the '90s, which will also star an eye-patch-free Nick Fury.

- The set pics released today are apparently from Avengers 4, and feature Nick Fury WITH an eye patch, but feature a Captain Marvel with what is likely an early version of her suit, along with a very '90s "Rachel" haircut.

- Marvel released official artwork of Larson in a much more modern/faithful costume at Comic-Con last year, which she will presumably dawn toward the later half of Captain Marvel - or - in the modern day setting of Avengers 4.

- Larson is officially in Avengers 4, but (apparently) not Avengers: Infinity War, which is strange considering the two movies essentially shot back to back and I would guess not much time passes between them in-universe.

- Captain Marvel releases only two months before Avengers 4 (March 8, 2019 and May 3, 2019, respectively).

Considering the above information, along with the set pics we saw months ago that definitely hint at time travel playing a part in either Infinity War or Avengers 4 (or both), and then also considering how close CM and A4 are on the release schedule, it's looking like there's certainly going to be some significant time travel occurring between and linking these movies. That, and Larson being essentially the same age in two Marvel movies set at least 20 years apart tells me we're in for a pretty trippy narrative.
Quad Dog
AG
Captain (and formerly Ms.) Marvel has a pretty good history of costume and name changes. A lot of time there are jokes about them in her comics. Could be a pretty good set up for a joke, e.g. "Can you believe I used to wear that color?"

However, that image would not be the first image I would choose if I was Marvel.
wangus12
AG
Mmmm Brie
fig96
AG
Not to distract from Brie, but holy *insert expletive of choice here* Black Panther...

Potentially minor spoilers, this is a clip from the film:

jtstanley4621
AG
fig96 said:

Not to distract from Brie, but holy *insert expletive of choice here* Black Panther...

Every single new thing that comes out about this movie gets my hyped the hell up. HURRY UP AND GET HERE FEBRUARY 16TH
TCTTS
AG
This movie is going to make so much money.
TCTTS
AG
Brick Tamland
First Page Last Page
Page 210 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.