*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,518,954 Views | 27741 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by YouBet
fig96
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

As if foreseeing a Trump presidency, FIFA corruption scandal, Siegfried and Roy's tiger attack, and Greece's financial default weren't enough, The Simpsons has come through again with a peek into the future, predicting Disney's $52.4 billion purchase of 21st Century Fox assets some two decades ago.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/the-simpsons-predicted-disney-would-buy-fox-in-1998-episode/ar-BBGKhyf
AliasMan02
AG
The best way to introduce the X-Men is through other properties. A mutant villain shows up to battle Spidey in the Homecoming sequel, or a mutant gets outed at school with him.

Get the question going about where these enhanced are coming from and the X-Men develop out of that.

The big question, as we've discussed, is what you do about older mutants and what generated the new ones. My favorite path for this is the Ultimate one, where mutants were basically (secretly) government-created as they tried to create a new supersoldier serum.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

The big question, as we've discussed, is what you do about older mutants and what generated the new ones. My favorite path for this is the Ultimate one, where mutants were basically (secretly) government-created as they tried to create a new supersoldier serum.
I really like this idea, and they have a built-in bridge. They could do a Scarlett Witch origin story and use that as a window into the mutant side of things.

I'm really curious how they'll pull off the Xmen. Even with the Avengers, we had some connection to everyone except Hawkeye through the other movies before we saw them together. They never just jumped into an ensemble cast. But the Xmen are so well known. I don't think you could do individual movies of Xmen before a team up. Add to that all the best story lines are already done like Dark Phoenix, Old Man Logan, Apocalypse, Magneto and the Brotherhood. I guess they haven't done Asteroid M, House of M, or No More Mutants. They could also do Onslaught or Avengers v. Xmen which would be awesome.

I think we can all enthusiastically invite Deadpool as is into the MCU. I can't wait to see what they do with him.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Arkyd
AG
Actually, Hawkeye was in the first Thor movie, though just for a few seconds.

I wonder if they might do it almost via a general soft reboot or otherwise as a part of another big shake-up event, rather than trying to ret-con them in to the existing MCU. Like at the end of Avengers 4, if Thanos does something with the Infinity Gauntlet that messes up the timeline so they've always existed. Or maybe something involving the Gauntlet results in the x-gene appearing in the population, so they just start fresh there? I feel like I read somewhere that they keep saying that the MCU will be way different after Avengers 4, so it could be something like that.

As for Deadpool, I'm also really looking forward to him in the MCU. I can already see a meta-reference joke being made on the shift from Fox to the MCU in that movie.
Bobcat06
AG
So Fox has both Deadpool 2 and New Mutants coming out in 2018. I assume those will stay unchanged?
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

Actually, Hawkeye was in the first Thor movie, though just for a few seconds.

You're right, but I meant an emotional connection. Barton's character has really only been developed in the Avengers movies.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
rhutton125
AG
They also have X-Men: Dark Phoenix coming out next November.
TCTTS
AG
All three 2018 Fox/Marvel movies will almost certainly remain unchanged...

04.13.18 - The New Mutants
06.01.18 - Deadpool 2
11.02.18 - X-Men: Dark Phoenix

But it sounds like Dark Phoenix will likely be the last of the original Fox/Marvel X-Men run (as it should have been regardless of this deal). 18 years is obviously nothing to sneeze at, though. In certain ways, Fox's X-Men franchise was the original cinematic universe, considering the Wolverine spin-offs and the way First Class was integrated and re-invegorated the franchise.

My guess is that Marvel is already hard at work figuring out how to reboot the X-Men as part of the MCU post-Infinity War II in 2019. So we likely won't see anything X-Men related from them until 2020 at the absolute earliest.
Whos Juan
AG
TCTTS said:

My guess is that Marvel is already hard at work figuring out how to reboot the X-Men as part of the MCU post-Infinity War II in 2019. So we likely won't see anything X-Men related from them until 2020 at the absolute earliest.

I disagree. I fully expect some Infinity War reshoots to introduce Wolverine, with Christopher Plummer stepping in to fill the role.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
While I'm excited at seeing what Marvel will do with its X-Men properties (I only recently completed watching all of the X-Men movies except the last), I'm not sure how it can be expected to go over with a recast of Logan/Wolverine. Like Harrison Ford with Han Solo and Indiana Jones, or Robert Downy Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Hugh Jackman is the Wolverine. That's going to be a really tough sell.
texasaggie04
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Agreed. We have no reason Marvel will not do it right. The nailed Spidey and I think they'll nail the XMen. Even though it was recently rebooted, there is no way to keep the events that happened in the same universe, especially with Dark Phoenix coming. I think all new cast and new stories. Maybe they go back in time to allow some mutants from the past, but ideally, you could not have any major events before present time.

Heck, those movies can't even keep things straight within their own time line! Anything they do now will have zero impact on the universe time line.
TexasAggie_02
AG
what if the X-Men already exist in the MCU but have been lying low and out of sight of society.

Once the Chitauri (or whatever the aliens are attacking in Infinity War) show up, they decide to start contributing to the defense of Earth.

The first X-Men movie post infinity war can have a flash back of them repelling Chitauri from the school, with Prof X coming to the realization that they can no longer remain in the shadows.
TexasAggie_02
AG
https://screenrant.com/disney-fox-deal-marvel-fantastic-four/

Quote:

"The agreement also provides Disney with the opportunity to reunite the X-Men, Fantastic Four and Deadpool with the Marvel family under one roof and create richer, more complex worlds of inter-related characters and stories that audiences have shown they love. The addition of Avatar to its family of films also promises expanded opportunities for consumers to watch and experience storytelling within these extraordinary fantasy worlds. Already, guests at Disney's Animal Kingdom Park at Walt Disney World Resort can experience the magic of PandoraThe World of Avatar, a new land inspired by the Fox film franchise that opened earlier this year. And through the incredible storytelling of National Geographicwhose mission is to explore and protect our planet and inspire new generations through education initiatives and resourcesDisney will be able to offer more ways than ever before to bring kids and families the world and all that is in it."
people are cheering this on as confirmation that Disney now has rights to Fantastic Four. I think it's intentionally vague, as "opportunity" could just mean that they might be able to use F4 (as in, we now have the opportunity to rent the F4 from constantin films). I guess it depends on if the previous stories about F4 movie rights were true, or perhaps Constantin was more than happy to work with Disney b/c they know that it will make bank.
rhutton125
AG
I'm taking it as confirmation, or at least as confidence that it can be done. Especially since I'd read the article the day before saying that Disney wouldn't have access.

It may not be 100% locked down yet but I figure if Disney wants 'em, they'll get 'em.
Beat40
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

While I'm excited at seeing what Marvel will do with its X-Men properties (I only recently completed watching all of the X-Men movies except the last), I'm not sure how it can be expected to go over with a recast of Logan/Wolverine. Like Harrison Ford with Han Solo and Indiana Jones, or Robert Downy Jr as Tony Stark/Iron Man, Hugh Jackman is the Wolverine. That's going to be a really tough sell.
At the end of the day, it's Marvel. I'm sure whoever they cast will be perfect for the role. There isn't a character since Ironman where I thought they screwed up the casting.
Beat40
So, I'm on the side of the fence where I want Marvel to forget what X-Men movies have already been made and just reboot the whole thing from the beginning.

If they can give us a coherent and sequential plot with a vision for the franchise, no one will care that they rebooted the whole thing.
jtstanley4621
AG
The X-Men are A-list as far as Marvel comic books go IMO.

I would be okay if they rebooted it, but the one issue I have is that Hugh Jackman IS Wolverine to me. I could really never see another actor replacing him in that role. Logan was easily the best Fox superhero movie, and I thought that that was a great, gritty and dark sendoff for Jackman as Wolverine.
Farmer1906
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

The X-Men are A-list as far as Marvel comic books go IMO.

I would be okay if they rebooted it, but the one issue I have is that Hugh Jackman IS Wolverine to me. I could really never see another actor replacing him in that role. Logan was easily the best Fox superhero movie, and I thought that that was a great, gritty and dark sendoff for Jackman as Wolverine.
Regardless of who owns XMen and what comes next, Jackman is done as Wolverine. He's said for years Logan was his last one.

jtstanley4621
AG
Right exactly. So seeing the X-Men on screen without Jackman would be very weird to me.
redline248
AG
Wolverine is a character, not an actor. I believe Marvel can/will cast an actor to play a convincing Wolverine. I mean, we already got 2 Xavier, 2 Magneto and 2 Mystique from Fox. The actors playing them don't even really have the same mannerisms or any of that type of thing. It'll be ok.
AliasMan02
AG
I can guarantee that someone at Marvel, at least informally, has been brainstorming what to do about Wolverine. They know the act they have to follow and will take it as a challenge.
Bobcat06
AG
Wolverine is an awesome character, but he's also played out. There have been 10 XMen movies (including Deadpool) and he's been the central character in 7 of them.

It might be good to explore some plots that don't revolve around him.
Farmer1906
AG
jtstanley4621 said:

Right exactly. So seeing the X-Men on screen without Jackman would be very weird to me.
I thought you were saying they can't reboot it because they have to use Jackman. Jackman is out reboot or not.

I am excited about a new younger Wolverine.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I would love to see Alien vs Predator vs Deadpool
rhutton125
AG
Maybe a 5'8, tenacious and violent Wolverine.

Also, maybe an X-Men movie without Wolverine at all, first? Save him for the sequel? I believe Dark Phoenix will be the first main entry film without him.
israeliag
AG
Can we at least find a way to keep McAvoy and Fasbender around?
Farmer1906
AG
israeliag said:

Can we at least find a way to keep McAvoy and Fasbender around?
Nope. That'll just confuse.
Andyzipp
AG
rhutton125 said:

Also, maybe an X-Men movie without Wolverine at all, first? Save him for the sequel? I believe Dark Phoenix will be the first main entry film without him.
Isnt Wolverine supposed to be like Altuve's height?
Farmer1906
AG
Andyzipp said:

rhutton125 said:

Omg Altuve would be perfect in that role.
redline248
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Andyzipp said:

rhutton125 said:

Omg Altuve would be perfect in that role.

"I literally love Jean Gray"
fig96
AG
Andyzipp said:

rhutton125 said:

Yes. I can see Taron Egerton in the role.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Murder Hornet
AG
Needs to be a GIF of mickey laying the smack down on WB in the next scene
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
bthomas98 said:

Needs to be a GIF of mickey laying the smack down on WB in the next scene
That Mickey gif is great.

Just take the scene from the trailer where Thanos puts Iron Man on the ground (looks like a kill blow to me) and put Mickey/WB there.
Murder Hornet
AG
Exactly!
First Page Last Page
Page 209 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.