*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,648 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 10 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Yep. Its been known for quite a while that the Black Order was in this. Announced at D23 and they had models

I think someone else had the right idea that Thanos sends the Black Order out to gather the stones. Some succeed. Some don't. Thanos gathers the failures himself.
Solo Tetherball Champ

Have they revealed why Thanos isn't wearing the golden armor that he has worn in all of his other appearances?

I imagine part of the reason they decided to remove his armor is to potentially screw over WB from using Darkside in the future. Without his armor, he resembles Darkside from DC. By doing so, any appearance by Darkside would look like a ripoff of Thanos in the mind of the general public, even though Thanos himself is to some an extent a copy of Darkside.
AggieLitigator
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

Have they revealed why Thanos isn't wearing the golden armor that he has worn in all of his other appearances?

I imagine part of the reason they decided to remove his armor is to potentially screw over WB from using Darkside in the future. Without his armor, he resembles Darkside from DC. By doing so, any appearance by Darkside would look like a ripoff of Thanos in the mind of the general public, even though Thanos himself is to some an extent a copy of Darkside.

Nope. My theory is once he has the power stone he will not feel like he needs his armor. They have to give him a vulnerability of some kind for the avengers to eventually defeat him. I'm guessing the power stone will be the first one he gets and then he will ditch is armor
GiveEmHellBill
AG

The movie takes place in the summer. Summers in Wakanda get really hot....
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Darkseid did come first

but WB screwed the pooch with its own universe of super hero movies and now, regardless of the actual facts of particular characters like Darkseid or Thanos, their efforts will look like at best a copy if not an actual ripoff.
Brick Tamland
GiveEmHellBill said:

The movie takes place in the summer. Summers in Wakanda get really hot....

I saw an interview and they said it was a "spiritual journey" of sorts, and the more powerful he gets the less he needs the armor
rhutton125
AG
Marvel would have beaten DC to the punch regardless, unless they made Darkseid the JL1 villain.

That said, here are a few things I feel like Marvel can't do very soon:

Hercules and the Greek pantheon (Wonder Woman)
Namor the Submariner and Atlantis (Aquaman)
And to some extent, a film version of Moon Knight (Batman) - hoping for Netflix for him

Just my opinion. I'd love to see Namor but Aquaman takes the originality out of a solo film, I think.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Pretty sure Namor is an Xmen property, so Marvel couldn't do him anyway. I'm not sure about Moon Knight, but I think he falls in the Deadpool gray area and would go with the Xmen as well.

Hercules is a Hulk related property and they probably have the rights, but you're right that it would look bad.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TexasAggie_02
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Pretty sure Namor is an Xmen property, so Marvel couldn't do him anyway. I'm not sure about Moon Knight, but I think he falls in the Deadpool gray area and would go with the Xmen as well.

Hercules is a Hulk related property and they probably have the rights, but you're right that it would look bad.

I enjoyed wonder woman, but it was basically Captin America 1. BvS was on the heels of civil war. They tried to copy GOTG with the SS squad trailer, even though the movie wasn't anything really like the trailer.

I think marvel will be fine with whatever they want to do.
fig96
AG
rhutton125 said:

Marvel would have beaten DC to the punch regardless, unless they made Darkseid the JL1 villain.

That said, here are a few things I feel like Marvel can't do very soon:

Hercules and the Greek pantheon (Wonder Woman)
Namor the Submariner and Atlantis (Aquaman)
And to some extent, a film version of Moon Knight (Batman) - hoping for Netflix for him

Just my opinion. I'd love to see Namor but Aquaman takes the originality out of a solo film, I think.
That could be a really cool, dark Netflix series. Explore his personality issues and make it a bit of a psychological thriller.
fig96
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Wasn't he primarily an Avenger? That's what I think of when it comes to him at least.

No idea on Moon Knight.
ramblin_ag02
AG
He's sort of all over the place. Chronologically speaking, he was an Invader with Captain America and the original Human Torch. He has also been in the Fantastic Four comics a lot, and has a lifelong crush on the Invisible Woman. He is a member of the Illuminati and the Avengers as well. But his powers are explained by being an Atlantean with a mutant X-gene.

Quote:

Fast forward two years to 2014 and Borys Kit of The Hollywood Reporter tweeted "Universal does NOT have the rights to the Sub-Mariner. Marvel has them." The guy has a ton of insider knowledge so he would know, but it turns out it's even more complicated than that.

Later that year Kevin Feige confirmed in an interview with IGN that Universal and Legendary Pictures couldn't make a Namor the Sub-Mariner movie even if they wanted to. While he did confirm that Marvel Studios is the only one that could make a Namor movie he said, "there are entanglements that make it less easy.

"There are older contracts that still involve other parties that mean we need to work things out before we move forward on it. As opposed to an Iron Man or any of the Avengers or any of the other Marvel characters where we could just put them in."
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Andyzipp
AG
fig96 said:

Wasn't he primarily an Avenger? That's what I think of when it comes to him at least.

He was primarily a Defender (at least when I was growing up in the 70's). But his rights are back with Marvel Studios.

http://comicsalliance.com/namor-movie-rights-universal-marvel-studios/

Edited to add: At least that's what Marvel thinks.
fig96
AG
Gotcha, thanks guys.
rhutton125
AG
Yep - most characters are either in the mutant bubble (Wolverine, etc), the Fantastic Four bubble (Galactus, Silver Surfer, etc) or just back at Marvel.

They could use Namor with some slight manipulating, kind of like Hulk in non-solo films. But probably less restrictive than that.

I think I agree with the above poster though - Marvel could probably do any of these things no matter how copycat it may appear to some. If WW can do Cap1, Hercules could do WW and it'd be fine. Just don't use Ares as the villain.

I don't really like Hercules at all though, so no loss there IMO.
AliasMan02
AG
Try this idea on for size:

Netflix presents the limited series:
MOON KNIGHT
by David Fincher
ramblin_ag02
AG
With Moon Knight I'd want David Lynch (I'd also accept the mastermind behind Legion on FX)
toucan82
I want a Power Pack movie
GiveEmHellBill
AG
toucan82 said:

Actually, if Marvel wanted to get into the children's cartoon business, this would be a pretty good idea. Hell, even a live-action half hour series aimed at younger kids.

However, Marvel would absolutely HAVE to figure out how to have Wolverine make an appearance. That would just have to happen.
mazag08
AG
Once you lose Iron Man and Cap, a large chunk of fan base will be checking out. The last page of discussion is cringe worthy as it's nothing but fringe characters.

Marvel has done a terrific job because they kept it in a small family of characters and built strongly on each one. The next batch has been pretty good but is still supported by the originals. A movie with black panther, war machine, a Batman wannabe, an aqua man wannabe, and some random x man won't pull in the fans that the current movies pull in.
hurleyag
AG
Don't forget Spidey.
mazag08
AG
hurleyag said:

Don't forget Spidey.

Good point. Him and Dr Strange are their best chance at keeping people interested.
TexasAggie_02
AG
disney needs to pay whatever Fox is asking and be done with it. Spend the next 10 years building up X-men and F4 and culminate with Galactus.
jtstanley4621
AG
I still think if they do the movies right that people will be interested. Brie Larson as Captain Marvel could be a huge home run, she's a great actress.

I do agree that maybe the characters/stories will get a little bit harder to believe, but I've got to think that if Guardians of the Galaxy worked so well that the other things can too. Just has to be done well.
Bruce Almighty
AG
I'd call Aquaman a Namor wannabe.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Doctor Strange, Ant-Man and the Guardians of the Galaxy were nothing but fringe characters. To think that Marvel couldn't take any of the characters mentioned here and (with good actors, good directors and a good script) make them just as popular as Iron Man and Thor (who were B-level stars in the MCU).
rhutton125
AG
In my defense, I like to discuss super D-list characters for future options because I like speculating way way way into the future.

If I were a betting man, I'd put money on Phase 4 including solo films for Thor (freshly revamped), Spider-Man (confirmed), Black Widow and Black Panther. Doctor Strange. Captain Marvel. Throw in something like a Bucky Captain America, another Ant-Man and Wasp teamup, a new Avengers teamup. Keep familiar faces like Falcon, maybe Hawkeye, maybe Hulk.

I just don't see the bloodbath that some people predict. And even IF half the roster dies, I wouldn't be too surprised to see some kind of deal to usher in the Fantastic Four or something like that.

I don't think we'll be running out of appealing heroes any time soon, is my point. Even without Cap and Iron Man.

Edit: forgot the Guardians of the Galaxy!
swimmerbabe11
Oh man I just thought about them not dying at the same time and having to watch two favorite character deaths in one movie and I'm gonna cry.
Rapier108
AggieLitigator said:

Nope. My theory is once he has the power stone he will not feel like he needs his armor. They have to give him a vulnerability of some kind for the avengers to eventually defeat him. I'm guessing the power stone will be the first one he gets and then he will ditch is armor
He does get the Power gem first if the trailer is correct as we see him holding the space stone and putting it onto the infinity gauntlet. The power gem is already on it.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
OCEN99
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

toucan82 said:

Actually, if Marvel wanted to get into the children's cartoon business, this would be a pretty good idea. Hell, even a live-action half hour series aimed at younger kids.

However, Marvel would absolutely HAVE to figure out how to have Wolverine make an appearance. That would just have to happen.
Wolverine was in the Super Hero Squad series, but they only did two seasons.
AliasMan02
AG
If they get Fantastic Four on board, I bet they go the direction of Mister Fantastic/Reed being the big bad another 20 movies down the line, with Doom being a serious villain for multiple heroes in the meantime.

If they get X-Men AND F4 on board, I bet we get the Peter/Kitty Pryde romance and the Spidey-Ice Man-Johnny Storm team-up dynamic going. Some of the most fun Spidey stories ever, from the Ultimate line years back. Especially the Spidey-Kitty pairing. The Ice Man/Johnny inclusion would really pull together the properties.
TexasAggie_02
AG
Rapier108 said:

AggieLitigator said:

He does get the Power gem first if the trailer is correct as we see him holding the space stone and putting it onto the infinity gauntlet. The power gem is already on it.

It appears that he's walking over dead Asgardians in the trailer, and that there's several decks of a ripped apart ship behind loki.

So he goes to Nova Corps and takes the power stone. Then takes the tessaract from Loki. Then gets the Aether from the collector. The guardians pick Thor up either on the way to Nowhere or on the way to earth.

Rest of the movie is on Earth.
OnlyForNow
AG
Only problem with that is Ironman is shown on a planet that isn't earth.

Might be Nova.
Rapier108
We also don't see the reality gem (Aether) on the gauntlet in the trailer, but it might be on the thumb and just not visible.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
redline248
AG
OnlyForNow said:

Only problem with that is Ironman is shown on a planet that isn't earth.

Might be Nova.
Are you talking about the yellow-ish background in the opening shot? I'm not sure that isn't earth. He's wearing the same hoodie thing as he is in the shots with Dr. Strange.

On another note: In the shot of Falcon flying over the battle in Wakanda we can see the Hulk Buster armor. Since we also see Banner standing next to the arm, I wonder if he's the one inside the armor. Currently no shots of Tony in Wakanda. I know we see Hulk running with the rest at the end of the trailer, but it looks like a different point in time (trees in the back ground vs. plains).
First Page Last Page
Page 205 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.