*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,519,892 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bobcat06 said:

About BP saying "Get this man a shield", Cap's shield is special because it is made of vibranium. However, vibranium is mined in Wakanda.

Cap's new shield likely won't be just a shield, but another vibranium shield.
I could see a scene where Thanos maybe breaks his shield with the infinity gauntlet or something.

....Unless I'm forgetting something from a previous movie. He still has his shield as of the end of civil war, correct?
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
^
No. After having his ass kicked, Tony Stark whines like a little girl about his dad having made that shield, so Cap drops it, leaving the shield behind.
texasaggie04
AG
jackie childs said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Okay guys, just heard a theory that Vision isn't dead...but becomes human faced after the mind stone is taken.

I like this theory because I want more vision.
except at the 17second mark, human-faced Vision still has the stone in his forehead

Could just be to throw people off. Didn't Thor have two eyes in the trailers for Ragnarok too?
(I'm assuming that's no longer a spoiler since he clearly has one eye in the trailer for IW)

I didn't see Ant Man or Wasp in that trailer at all, maybe I missed them?
Also, I REALLY hope Nick Fury is in this movie. He just kinda disappeared after Winter Soldier, and I miss that guy.
Also also, it seems that Hulk will be able to turn back into Banner just fine after all.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Regarding Cap dying in this movie - that has been the prevailing opinion - I'm not so sure after having looked at this trailer several times.

Note the money shot of the entire group rushing toward the camera, with Cap out front. Who's missing?

At first I thought that one of the flyers in the background was Iron Man, but upon closer inspection, the one of the left appears to be War Machine. Falcon is on the other side. No Iron Man. Am I missing him somewhere in the background mass of ? Wakandan ? warriors? Couple that with the unmistakable hit Iron Man takes from Thanos - might that be enough to have killed Iron Man? Certainly I would expect that shot to at the very least take Iron Man out of the equation temporarily.

In any event, this trailer is awesome. I cannot believe that I'm going to say this, having grown up not really a comics reader and really only aware of Captain America as a character (but more a Superman and Batman fan) - I am looking forward to this movie with the same fervor that I did at the end of the '70s when I saw the first teaser trailer for The Empire Strikes Back, attached to the END of Star Wars in its 1979 re-release. And for the moment, anyway, this trailer has managed to take my attention away from the Jimbo Fisher story.
texasaggie04
AG
This is an interesting read that dissects the trailer:
https://io9.gizmodo.com/all-the-hints-and-details-hidden-in-avengers-infinity-1820817197

The arc reactor bit is odd...
jtstanley4621
AG
Man, honestly I would be SO pissed if they killed of Iron Man. Downey Jr. is such an integral part of tying it all together to me. He just IS Tony Stark.

Not sure what it is but the Avengers without him would seem strange. I like the other characters a lot, there's just something about Iron Man needing to be there in terms of leadership/charisma
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

At first I thought that one of the flyers in the background was Iron Man, but upon closer inspection, the one of the left appears to be War Machine. Falcon is on the other side. No Iron Man. Am I missing him somewhere in the background mass of ? Wakandan ? warriors? Couple that with the unmistakable hit Iron Man takes from Thanos - might that be enough to have killed Iron Man? Certainly I would expect that shot to at the very least take Iron Man out of the equation temporarily.

Iron Man is by far my favorite superhero from the movies and comics, and I would rather him die on screen as RDJ than get recast or rebooted in the next phase.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed. And he's definitely dying in either this movie or the one in 2019.
cav14
texasaggie04 said:

jackie childs said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Okay guys, just heard a theory that Vision isn't dead...but becomes human faced after the mind stone is taken.

I like this theory because I want more vision.
except at the 17second mark, human-faced Vision still has the stone in his forehead

Also, I REALLY hope Nick Fury is in this movie. He just kinda disappeared after Winter Soldier, and I miss that guy.
Also also, it seems that Hulk will be able to turn back into Banner just fine after all.
They were there. Its just the camera didn't zoom in close enough for you to see them.
rhutton125
AG
Or... ride off into the sunset and come back in 2028 with a grey-haired cameo.

But probably just get murdered. 2019.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Iron Man even has a natural successor in the MCU. Parker could take over Starks suits and tech, but Sony probably wouldn't cooperate
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
jeffk
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Quote:

Iron Man is by far my favorite superhero from the movies and comics, and I would rather him die on screen as RDJ than get recast or rebooted in the next phase.

Sort of seems like there's two big battles going on with two groups of heroes - Iron Man, Spidey and co in New York and Cap and the crew from the final shot in Wakanda.
Farmer1906
AG
Looks like Tony needs Steve.

swimmerbabe11
Brian Earl Spilner said:

This needs to be bumped to a later page so I stop looking for it.

Also, STC I found it.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Only Ant Man is listed on the credits list right now. No SLJ or Evangeline Lilly on the list.
swimmerbabe11
wangus12 said:

Quote:

Only Ant Man is listed on the credits list right now. No SLJ or Evangeline Lilly on the list.

I read SJL like Shiela Jackson Lee.

CROWN WEAVE TO THE RESCUUUUUEE

Can someone please photo shop her running in front of Cap America?
Hulla Baller
AG
Who here thought the new avengers trailer was better than the entire justice league movie? Be honest, guys.
Farmer1906
AG
Hulla Baller said:

Who here thought the new avengers trailer was better than the entire justice league movie? Be honest, guys.
1. Haven't seen it yet.

2. Someone already made that joke.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

Lilly is in a cast photo in a tweet on page 197, and is on one of the Vanity Fair covers. She may not be listed on imdb, but I'd say she's in the movie.
AgMarauder04
AG
Bobcat06 said:

About BP saying "Get this man a shield", Cap's shield is special because it is made of vibranium. However, vibranium is mined in Wakanda.

Cap's new shield likely won't be just a shield, but another vibranium shield.
Want to know about his gauntlets. I'm assuming that scene is before the shield quote.
AgMarauder04
AG
Hulla Baller said:

One of my students said it.

She's not wrong.

(Yes, I have shown it to every class I had today)
AgMarauder04
AG
Cinco Ranch Aggie said:

Regarding Cap dying in this movie - that has been the prevailing opinion - I'm not so sure after having looked at this trailer several times.

Note the money shot of the entire group rushing toward the camera, with Cap out front. Who's missing?

I think it's different times. I bet the Wakanda is near the beginning as Thanos is collecting the stones. Soul Stone has to be there. We won't get a movie without a massive battle with them battling in different locations. Thanos probably sends the army of (Chitauri?) to Wakanda to take the stone. They probably, somehow, succeed and the rest of tje Avengers head to New York for a final confrontation.

And TCTTS...look! SKY PORTAL.
TCTTS
AG
Wait, where? I didn't see one. Sky portals and massive, villainous armies of aliens/clones/generic soldiers are my big two comic book movie pet peeves. I only saw the latter in this trailer.

Still, looks amazing and I can't wait.
TXAG 05
AG
It's where Spider-Man is on the school bus and the everyone is looking out the windows at it
TCTTS
AG
That's not a sky portal. Just looks like Thanos' big "O" ship.
Brick Tamland
So in the gauntlet we see that he has the power stone and the space stone. We see Vision losing the mind stone to the Black Order. I imagine he gets all three fairly quickly in the movie.
AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

DAMN. False Alarm. Poop.
TXAG 05
AG
TCTTS said:

Gotcha. Didn't know that was his ride.
kraut
AG
israeliag said:

FTACO97 said:

tysker said:

wangus12 said:

redline248 said:

currently 2 stones on Earth, right? Vision's (mind) and time?
Probably a good chance that the soul stone may show up in Wakanda in the Black Panther movie
maybe they keep it on the soul stone train? and you can only see it because of its soul stone glo.
Yeah....it's definitely going to be a bit "on the nose" if they do reveal the Soul stone to be in Wakanda...
Maybe in his ring?

That may be it. In the Black Panther trailer and discussions, the king of Wakanda can communicate with the former kings, perhaps using the soul stone?!?
Cromagnum
AG
Totally how part 1 is gonna go down.

"Hahaha, I'm immune to that stone, it makes me stronger"

"Well then I'll use this stone"

"Nunh uh, you cheated. I'm telling..."

jackie childs
TCTTS said:

not to be confused with Thanos' "O" face

texasaggie04
AG
jeffk said:

ramblin_ag02 said:

Quote:

Sort of seems like there's two big battles going on with two groups of heroes - Iron Man, Spidey and co in New York and Cap and the crew from the final shot in Wakanda.

Plus whatever Thor and the guardians are fighting at the same time in space.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I figured that as well. 2-3 simultaneous battles.

Very Star Wars.
redline248
AG
Someone above mentioned, and I thought of it earlier when I sent the link to the trailer to some friends. I guess Marvel doesn't care if anyone hasn't seen Ragnarok yet. Bit of a spoiler there when they show Thor on the Guardians' ship.
Cromagnum
AG
Of course Cap dies. We already saw this in Tony's vision in Age of Ultron.

First Page Last Page
Page 202 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.