*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,520,124 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 20 hrs ago by The Porkchop Express
c-jags
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgMarauder04 said:

c-jags said:

OnlyForNow said:

So are the Guardians getting there later in the movie, or is the spacing of the trailer just cut up?

What are the aliens?

i'm willing to bet that it's at the end of the movie and that meeting has no bearing on the battle we see beforehand.

i'm wagering we see a huge loss at the end of IW1 and GotG and CM sway the tide in IW2.
I thought they axed the part 1 and part 2 thing?
there's an Avengers in 2018 (Avengers:IW) and an untitled Avengers movie in 2019. they can call it whatever but i'm calling it IW2. regardless, they don't resolve this storyline in the 2018 movie. no way with Captain Marvel coming up before Avengers 4 (IW2).
schmendeler
AG
I was meh about avengers 1 and 2, but this looks really good.
MooreTrucker
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

*******....watching Thanos with the gauntlet on, punching the **** out of Spidey...Cap walk in with a beard and hearing Panther say, "get this man a shield"...the horde of Wakandan warriors running across the field to kick some alien ass....goosebumps man, goosebumps!
Me too! That's NEVER happened for me in any of these movies, but when the theme was played over the big Avengers logo at the end...HOLEY CARP!!!
jackie childs
redline248 said:

I wonder if we'll see Thanos attack Nova Corp to get the power stone. Probably the opening scene, right?
who knows...

i mentioned this a while back, but I think that would've been a good use of post-credits scenes. after GotG 2, they could've shown the guardians getting a distress call from Xandar and showing up too late and learning that Thanos has taken the Power Stone.

Then after Thor Ragnarok, the Guardians could've shown up at the Collector's to learn that Thanos has acquired the Reality Stone.

Then after Black Panther, they could show up at the ruins of Asgard to see the Tesseract is missing from Odin's vault.

That would not only get Thanos in possession of a couple of stones (shown offscreen), but would help explain why the Guardians (and Thor) would now be headed to Earth
redline248
AG
Someone else asked, so here's a picture...who is this throwing the spear at Cap?

rhutton125
AG
Infinity War will be enough of a stand-alone to where you don't get half a story... but Thanos will definitely return a year later for the sequel. So in a way this IS "part 1," but not in the disappointing half-film way of Hunger Games part 1, etc.
jackie childs
redline248 said:

Someone else asked, so here's a picture...who is this throwing the spear at Cap?

not sure, but i'd assume proxima midnight
schmendeler
AG
redline248 said:

captain marvel?
hurleyag
AG
Kinda looks like Michael Keaton.
redline248
AG
Not sure why that would need a spoiler, is said person part of Thanos' crew? Or random baddy just to get Cap back on screen the way Crossbones was used?
jackie childs
redline248 said:

Not sure why that would need a spoiler, is said person part of Thanos' crew? Or random baddy just to get Cap back on screen the way Crossbones was used?
maybe it doesn't, particuarly since it's just speculation anyway. i'll remove it

yeah, she's part of the Black Order, Thanos' closest henchmen and carries a spear. i suppose it could just be a random baddy, but if they're using this character to re-introduce Cap, it would make sense to use her.
dcaggie04
AG
jackie childs said:

redline248 said:

not sure, but i'd assume proxima midnight
Oh, I hadn't thought of that. It does fit there. And that would be pretty big as it might mean we will get to see The Black Order in the movie.
redline248
AG
So...

Thanos : Apocolypse :: Black Order : Four Horsemen

??
AliasMan02
AG
Totally forgot about the Black Order. They were announced at Comic Con.
dcaggie04
AG
With the inclusion of the Black Order in the film, I bet we see Thanos send them to collect the infinity stones for him. I could see them successfully getting a couple of them, but are defeated trying to get the others. This angers Thanos who then comes to Earth to personnally handle matters and that is when the real crap hits the fan.
Simplebay
AG
Cap dies at the end of this. You heard it here first.

It's the character/movie that they've built it all around. He's the heart and soul. Evans can, and has been, doing plenty else. Thanos actions need to have weight. It follows the comics.

Caps dead. Book it.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

Cap dies at the end of this. You heard it here first.
People have been saying this for awhile now.

Simplebay
AG
I know but no one said it after the trailer. You heard it here first... after the trailer
fig96
AG
That last shot put a stupid grin on my face...
redline248
AG
currently 2 stones on Earth, right? Vision's (mind) and time?
jeffk
AG
So we'll get War Machine back in action, Blonde Widow, Lumberjack Cap with new Wakandan bracers, Two-armed Bucky, Scarlet Spider(?), Hulk Buster II, One-eyed Thor and Teen Groot Squad?

Sounds like a blast!
wangus12
AG
touche
jackie childs
redline248 said:

correct, though we don't know where the soul stone is and it could be on earth as well
FTACO97
AG
So any speculation on when the 6th stone (soul - orange) will be revealed?

I'm thinking Black Panther....but maybe it will just be one that Thanos has already acquired...
jackie childs
dcaggie04 said:

With the inclusion of the Black Order in the film, I bet we see Thanos send them to collect the infinity stones for him. I could see them successfully getting a couple of them, but are defeated trying to get the others. This angers Thanos who then comes to Earth to personnally handle matters and that is when the real crap hits the fan.
that seems entirely plausible. its obviously not Thanos' foot on Vision, so i presume it will be another member of the Black Order (corvus glaive?)

so maybe we don't even see Thanos on Earth until the end of IW?
miller0926
AG
redline248 said:

Yes.

Time - Dr. Strange's Sanctorum
Mind - Vision
Space - (Tesseract) with Loki on the moving Asgard
Power - with the Nova Corps on Xandar
Reality - Collector's vault (that was blown up in GOTG)
still haven't seen the Soul stone

jackie childs
FTACO97 said:

I'm thinking Black Panther....but maybe it will just be one that Thanos has already acquired...
just speculation, but i'd assume it gets revealed in Black Panther and i think it's also possible that it's somewhere in Wakanda, which would help explain Wakanda as a setting for conflict IW
double aught
AG
I do like that Avengers theme.
AliasMan02
AG
Black Panther will have no shortage of soul.
redline248
CowtownAg06
AG
Here's how I'd make the odds of individuals dying.

Cap +150
Vision +150
Tony +250
Hulk +400
War Machine +800
Hawkeye +1000
BW +1500
Wanda +2000
Thor +2500
Falcon +3000

Safe
All the Guardians
Spidey
Ant Man
Dr Strange
BP

For those not familiar with betting, $100 on Cap to die would return $150. I could be way off on these, but thought it would be interesting to rank.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

Thanos looked a little odd... but I can get over that. This looks awesome
He's not wearing his full armor with the helmet, that's why he looks weird. I don't like the bald head. That's not how I'm used to him looking.

I like him better like this. Maybe he'll put it on for the final battle.
TexasAggie_02
AG
I said way back on this board at some point that heimdall may have the soul gem, since he can see all souls in the realms.

But it could also be in wakanda, hence the big battle scene there.
Bulldog73
AG
I don't know, they might try to reincarnate Groot again, probably not, and the rest of the Guardians are safe, but I wouldn't be completely shocked by that.
hurleyag
AG
FTACO97 said:

Here is my off the wall guess. Thanos doesn't have all the stones and is somehow thwarted. He ends the movie leaving earth to find the last stone(s), but leaving the avengers battered and likely minus a few members. We get the soul stone revealed after this movie, possibly in Captain Marvel.
First Page Last Page
Page 200 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.