*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,520,918 Views | 27742 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by The Porkchop Express
jtstanley4621
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I do enjoy the tv shows and Netflix series, but I'm not as into them as I am the movies. The movies just feel more iconic, not really sure how to describe it. Not that the shows are bad or anything, but I haven't spent too much time watching them.
AliasMan02
AG
Karrde said:

Some folks speculated that critics generally rate based on the first few episodes of a series. Hence rating Luke Cage highly because the first few episodes were so strong.
They do tend to release just a few episodes for early critical reactions.
The Debt
Question for comicnerds

Ragnoroks villain is a chick who claims to be goddess of death, is that who Thanos is attempting to court or is the death he seeks a being more powerful?
AliasMan02
AG
The Debt said:

Question for comicnerds

Ragnoroks villain is a chick who claims to be goddess of death, is that who Thanos is attempting to court or is the death he seeks a being more powerful?

If they lean on that storyline, probably so.
redline248
AG
Was Age of Ultron the movie that included the post credit clip of Thanos taking the glove and saying he'll do it himself? We haven't seen anything from him since?
fig96
AG
redline248 said:

Was Age of Ultron the movie that included the post credit clip of Thanos taking the glove and saying he'll do it himself? We haven't seen anything from him since?
Correct. Doctor Strange had the chat with Thor, then Guardians had several scenes related back to that story.
redline248
AG
So the expectation for Thanos showing up in Thor should be...high?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The Debt said:

Question for comicnerds

No.

In the comics, Thanos courts Death herself, personified like this:

Meanwhile, there is a separate Goddess of Death for Asgardians. This is Hela, ruler of the realm of Hel.

They are two different rulers of realms of the dead. Mistress Death being more "powerful" as her realm has more souls from across the galaxy in it. Thanos tries to express his love for her by gathering the Infinity Stones and killing half of the entire universe to fill her realm with more souls.

It would make perfect sense in the movies if they changed Thanos' love from Mistress Death to Hela. I would be completely on board with this as it would make Thor: Ragnarok a pivotal part in the Infinity War buildup.

amercer
AG
That's what I thought as soon as I saw the preview. Ties in some comic book stuff, without complicating things too much
rhutton125
AG
Sounds like Inhumans is real bad. Who's surprised?

Same showrunner as Iron Fist, after all.
JuliusCaesarAggie
Will Avengers 3 include the scene where Thanos gets arrested by the NYPD?

GiveEmHellBill
AG

"The Revengers............I mean, we don't have to have a name."
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Just got my tickets for that Friday night, November 3rd.
jbsj9698
AG
Awesome!

jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm ready.
rhutton125
Flashdiaz
AG
jbsj9698 said:

Awesome!

Holy Crap that looks awesome!!!!

best use of One... ever.
jeffk
AG
Loved his character in DD. Spotted a couple familiar faces in the trailer.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Loved that the date was scrambled.

Who here gets the feeling that this is one that Marvel/Netflix is just going to drop on us with a big "SURPRISE! It's streaming now!"

I've gotten the impression based on all the news about this that they are giddy to release it and don't want to nail down a date just in case they can't wait that long and just release it with a bang.
jtstanley4621
AG
I thought Jon Bernthal was great in Daredevil. He's a good actor. Very excited for this series. I hope it's gritty and dark as hell with lots of violence. Looks like it's gonna be just that.
My Dad Earl
AG
I'm pumped for this. He is what made DD season 2 for me. His scene in the courthouse when he started yelling that he'd do it all over again was the best scene in the season for me. I don't think they can pick a better actor for the character either.
Sex Panther
AG
I hope the opening scene is him shooting Danny Rand
Bruce Almighty
AG
Hopefully this gets things back on track. After loving the first three series (DD1, DD2 and Jessica Jones), the last three have been meh.
rhutton125
AG
Quick note: Spider-Man Homecoming released in China finally and it will soon overtake GotG2 for fifth all-time MCU. Not too shabby.

October 17th on BluRay, too.
tysker
AG
Quote:

in case they can't wait that long and just release it with a bang.
tysker
AG
With this Punisher trailer, the Defender's trailer use of Nirvana, the openings and Method Man appearance in Luke Cage, I'm liking the musical choices more than the actual shows.
MBAR
AG
I guess I'm in the minority and I've lived all the netflix shows outside of iron fist. That was at least watchable. The 2nd half of Like Cage was uneven, but other than those caveats I've lived them.
TCTTS
AG

Quote:

I guess I'm in the minority and I've lived all the netflix shows outside of iron fist.
Impressive. Though, rough life, I'm sure. Godspeed on your journey living out the rest of the series. Especially doing so blind, I can't even imagine.
MBAR
AG
Well *****
jeffk
AG
How can you tell when your chi is focused enough to make your fist glow if you can't see it? Does it tingle or get hot?
rhutton125
AG
Probably both, if you've ever put your fist in a dragon. There ain't no creams or ointments if you wake up with that.
Max Power
AG
Now that's how you cut a trailer!
YouBet
AG
I was always thought Bernthal would have been a good Wolverine. He's built more like the comic character than Hugh, he does pissed off and rage really well, and he can do the hair as evidence in The Accountant.
TCTTS
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Can't say I'm surprised, there was a bit of buzz, then nothing after the preview which looked pretty bad.
First Page Last Page
Page 189 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.