*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,259 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
FL_Ag1998
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I would bet they would go with a female Thor over Beta Ray Bill. Again, you have to think about the average non-diehard comic fan moviegoer - Beta Ray Bill just seems too "weird" for that viewer.

But, who knows. I personally like Beta Ray Bill.
CGSC Lobotomy
What about Aldrif Odinstotter?
TCTTS
AG
quote:
Pretty sure Thor: Ragnarok means the end of Hemsworth in the films. He'll most likely ascend to the throne of Asgard and as a result, cannot be slipping off to Midgard (Earth) for more adventures.

This will effectively be 'the end' for the Big Three. Hemsworth gone as Thor (possibly replaced by Beta Ray Bill), Evans gone as Cap (possibly replaced by either Falcon or Bucky) and RDJ gone as Iron Man.

They'll all be back in Avengers: Infinity War - Part 2, though. And that will be the end of those characters/actors for good.
Sex Panther
AG
I thought RDJ and Marvel had agreed to an Iron Man 4? Did that get morphed into Captain America: Civil War? Since it sounds like RDJ will be co-starring in it with Evans.

What about the one shot All Hail The King? I kind of liked the idea of the real Mandarin showing up, but I don't know how they'd fit it in with all of this.
Nonregdrummer09
AG

I'm not anti-DC (Although not excited what WB is doing with the DCU) but this was pretty good
Saxsoon
BigRobSA
Nonreg!
MASAXET
tamusc
AG
quote:
The Ragnarok storyline is one Thor fans have been begging to see on screen in this particular universe. Ragnarok was introduced as a cyborg clone of Thor, created by Tony Stark from a strand of the Asgardian God's hair. This happened when Thor went missing, though Ragnarok's true origin involved both Hank Pym and Reed Richards -- so it will have to be changed on screen to fit the current Marvel Cinematic Universe.

The introduction of Ragnarok makes complete sense with the news that Marvel is mounting a Civil War. In the books, Tony Stark used the cyborg Thor to battle heroes who opposed the Superhero Registration Act. Ragnarok has all of Thor's powers, but isn't a god.

The big question, to me, is whether Chris Hemsworth will be called on to play both Thor and his cyborg counterpart. The announcements today create havoc on what we thought we knew about Marvel's current contracts. We now know there is a Civil War, as well as an Infinity War on the way. Which Avengers will be available, and what side will they all be on?
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Tom-Hiddleston-Loki-Return-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-67922.html
Sex Panther
AG
A cyborg Thor? That's really dumb.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Footage of the release date announcements, watch it in case they take it down
tamusc
AG
quote:
A cyborg Thor? That's really dumb.
Not just a cyborg, but a cyborg clone. Totally different.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I thought Ragnarok was the sort "end times" storyline of Thor?
CGSC Lobotomy
The flames in the promo lead me to believe it has something to do with Surtur.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
The flames in the promo lead me to believe it has something to do with Surtur.
That's what I was thinking.

By the way, skip to the end of that announcement footage to see the Infinity Wars Teaser, gave me goosebumps
tamusc
AG
Yeah, I don't vouch for the veracity of that rumor, which is why I posted the link to allow y'all to decide for yourselves.
tamusc
AG
I'm convinced that Serkis is playing Klaw after watching that intro video.
Saxsoon
AG
A cyborg Thor created by Stark is following Ultron WAY to closely
TexasAggie_02
AG
so they basically confirmed that loki's staff is an infinity stone with that teaser. Everyone assumed it was, but it was never stated in the movies.
Saxsoon
AG
Yvonne Strahovski for Carol Danvers. Want to see her in a superhero movie.
CGSC Lobotomy
Anyone else want Christopher Lee to voice Surtur if he's still alive?
tamusc
AG
quote:
so they basically confirmed that loki's staff is an infinity stone with that teaser. Everyone assumed it was, but it was never stated in the movies.
Yup, pretty much confirms that it's the Mind Gem to me.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:

While we're at it:

Kristen Bell as Jessica Jones
Eva Green as Aldrif Odinstotter
Charlese Theron as Amora
Nicole Behari as Shuri
Summer Glau as Jennifer Walters
Julie Benz as Medusa
Chloe Grace Moretz as Crystal
Red Five
AG
quote:
I'm convinced that Serkis is playing Klaw after watching that intro video.
Yeah I definitely thought that was the implication.
TCTTS
AG
Devin at Badass Digest has a nice little blurb for every title announced today, each with some great context/details...

CIVIL WAR And RAGNAROK To Rattle Marvel Phase Three

Chadwick Boseman Is BLACK PANTHER

CAPTAIN MARVEL Is Coming In 2018!

THE INHUMANS: A Whole New Series Of Franchises For Marvel

Prepare For AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR Parts I And II To End Phase Three
wangus12
AG
quote:
Yes! x1000

Loved her in Chuck
fig96
AG
quote:
Sorry for the aside, but a question for the comic book nerds here. If one were to want to read the main gist of the civil war comics, would one purchase this (https://www.comixology.com/Civil-War/digital-comic/19456?ref=c2VyaWVzL3ZpZXcvZGVza3RvcC9saXN0L0NvbGxlY3RlZEVkaXRpb25z) or these (https://www.comixology.com/Civil-War-Front-Line/comics-series/859?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL2Fsc29fYm91Z2h0). They're cheap enough so was thinking of grabbing them, but honestly don't even know where to start.
Also worth noting, you could subscribe to Marvel Unlimited and read all those plus a ton of other backstory and related comics (or just other Marvel titles) for 10 bucks a month.

I do a bit of both, MU is nice for older stories but reading in Comixology is much more pleasant.
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
A cyborg Thor created by Stark is following Ultron WAY to closely
Could the cyborg Thor be a version of one of Ultron's umpteen hundred duplicates?
israeliag
AG
quote:
quote:
Their king, Blackagar Boltragon (Black Bolt) has a gift so destructive (the sound of his voice can break planets if he screams loud enough. Even a whisper can kill you) that he is afraid to use it.

Well that's pretty stupid.

If there's a voice I can see this be it would be James Earl Jones... if there's a second voice it would be Vin Diesel so that could make sense.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
If there's a voice I can see this be it would be James Earl Jones... if there's a second voice it would be Vin Diesel so that could make sense.

What about a heavily amplified Peter Cullen?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Footage they used to introduce Civil War
CGSC Lobotomy
Already blocked.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Pretty simple synopsis, it's clear to be the beginning of Stark's and Cap's disagreements.

**Not really spoilers, but if you just don't want to know what's in the scene****

Cap and Stark are chopping up some wood at a house that seems to be out in the middle of nowhere, in the country somewhere. Given who their villain is, makes sense to be somewhere like that.

Stark: (says something about going to Thor for answers, hard to make out in the video.)

Cap: Sometimes my teammates don't tell me things, I was kind of hoping Thor would be the exception.

Stark: Yeah, give him time, we don't know what the Maximoff(?) kid showed him yet.

Cap: I don't know what she showed you. I just know it made you do something stupid. (Chops another piece) Earth's Mightiest Heroes, pulled us apart like cotton candy.

Stark: Seems like you walked away all right.

Cap: (Chops a piece) Is that a problem?

Stark: I don't trust a guy without a dark side. (Chops a piece) Call me old fashioned.

Cap: Well let's just say you haven't seen it yet.

Stark: (Again slightly marbled)... and I did the research....

Cap: That would affect the team...

Stark: That would end the team! Isn't that the mission? Isn't that the why we fight, so we can end the fight, so we get to go home?!

(Cap rips apart a piece of wood with his bare hands in anger)

Cap: Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time.

(Scene ends with the two staring silently at each other.)

***End scene***
redline248
AG
One of the few things I remember from Civil War was some of the Heroes figuring out "Thor" wasn't really Thor b/c the cyborg straight killed some dude and they were all "wtf?? Thor doesn't kill!!"
redline248
AG
Also, does this news mean ant man is scrapped?
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.