*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,267 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
cone
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
problem with Inhumans is that they're powerful, not well known, and not funny

but it's worth a shot
Bruce Almighty
AG
Between Marvel and Star Wars, I didn't think my nerd boner could get any bigger.
TCTTS
AG
I have a feeling A LOT of these characters are going to die in Avengers: Infinity War - Part I. There's no way they could squeeze the Guardians + Inhumans + Black Panther + Captain Marvel + everyone else into Infinity War - Part 2 alongside the return of the original team without sacrificing a ton of characters.
Sex Panther
AG
What is Infinity War? Thanos comes to Earth with the Infinity Gauntlet? Or is there more to it then that?
fig96
AG
The current Inhuman comic run is pretty solid as well, not quite sure which characters it includes from the originals though. Has had two fantastic artists on it so far though.
CGSC Lobotomy
From Wikipedia: The Inhumans

quote:
Black Bolt (Blackagar Boltagon)[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Inhumans#cite_note-Fantastic_Four_.2345-1][1][/url] King of the Inhumans and husband to Medusa. He has a destructive hypersonic voice that is so loud, he actually remains silent and has undergone rigorous mental training to prevent himself from uttering a sound, even in sleep. The fork-like antenna on Black Bolt's forehead allows more controlled use of his voice.

quote:
Medusa (Medusalith Amaquelin Boltagon)[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Inhumans#cite_note-2][2][/url] Wife of her cousin Black Bolt and Queen of the Inhumans. She is also a former member of the Fantastic Four and the Frightful Four, as well as the mother of Ahura and older sister of Crystal. She has prehensile hair.

quote:
Crystal (Crystalia Amaquelin Maximoff)[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Inhumans#cite_note-Fantastic_Four_.2345-1][1][/url] Medusa's sister and ex-wife of Quicksilver. She can manipulate Earth, Air, Fire, and Water.

quote:
Gorgon[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Inhumans#cite_note-3][3][/url] Cousin of Medusa and Black Bolt. He has bull-like legs in place of his actual legs that can create intense shockwaves that would be equal to an earthquake.

quote:
Karnak[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Inhumans#cite_note-Fantastic_Four_.2345-1][1][/url] Cousin of Black Bolt. He is also a priest and philosopher and chose not to expose himself to the Terrigen Mists. But he does have the ability to sense an opponent's weak points and is good at martial arts.

quote:
Maximus Boltagon[url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Inhumans#cite_note-Fantastic_Four_.2347-4][4][/url] Also known as Maximus the Mad. He is the brother of Black Bolt and tries to overthrow him from time to time. He has the ability of mind-control.

Then there's Lockjaw, the giant telepathic bulldog who can teleport the Royal Family.
Quinn
AG
quote:
I have a feeling A LOT of these characters are going to die in Avengers: Infinity War - Part I. There's no way they could squeeze the Guardians + Inhumans + Black Panther + Captain Marvel + everyone else into Infinity War - Part 2 alongside the return of the original team without sacrificing a ton of characters.
Is the thought that none of the original Avengers will be in Avengers 3 Part I?
cone
AG
quote:
What is Infinity War?
Thanos kills everyone. Spoiler alert.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
Is the thought that none of the original Avengers will be in Avengers 3 Part I?

Exactly. At least that's what's being reported/rumored.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
Thanos kills everyone. Spoiler alert.

Half of them in the opening act of the story.
cone
AG
but i really wanted to watch Terraxia rip Iron Man's head off
MASAXET
AG
quote:
Between Marvel and Star Wars, I didn't think my nerd boner could get any bigger.

This. I can't stand up from my desk right now
Sex Panther
AG
By the way, is it wrong I think it would be hilarious if Black Panther is directed by Tyler Perry?
swimmerbabe11
quote:

I feel like this except for trading Star Wars with the CW right now. (Wow..never thought I'd be saying that)
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
By the way, is it wrong I think it would be hilarious if Black Panther is directed by Tyler Perry?

If Feige has him on a short leash he might surprise us.
Bobcat06
AG
Both Inhumans and Captain Marvel deal with Kree (alien) characters and follow Avengers 3.1. I assume this is setting up Avengers 3.2 to have Thanos as the main villain.
cone
AG
t'challa is badass

is klaw going to be the bad guy in that one?
dcaggie04
AG
quote:
You mean Tyler Perry's "Madea goes to Wakanda".
MASAXET
AG
Sorry for the aside, but a question for the comic book nerds here. If one were to want to read the main gist of the civil war comics, would one purchase this (https://www.comixology.com/Civil-War/digital-comic/19456?ref=c2VyaWVzL3ZpZXcvZGVza3RvcC9saXN0L0NvbGxlY3RlZEVkaXRpb25z) or these (https://www.comixology.com/Civil-War-Front-Line/comics-series/859?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL2Fsc29fYm91Z2h0). They're cheap enough so was thinking of grabbing them, but honestly don't even know where to start.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Here's a video of Boseman being introduced
AliasMan02
AG
Pretty sure I called the Thor Ragnarok title/plotline. I think this is being buried a bit. Huge potential.
MASAXET
AG
And in case anyone else is interested in checking out the comics but has no idea what they're doing (like me), this is a compilation of MCU Phase 3 stories: https://www.comixology.com/Marvel-Blockbuster-Collections/page/4076?ref=c2l0ZS9pbmRleC9jb20ubWFydmVsLndlYi50YWIvZGVza3RvcC9sYXJnZUNhcm91c2Vs
GiveEmHellBill
AG
quote:
rumor has it that part of doing Groot is that Vin Diesel was going to be Black Bolt,
So Vin is going from a movie where he literally has three words of dialogue to a character who's voice is so destructive he doesn't speak.

Man, Marvel must really not want to give this guy any dialogue!
BigRobSA
When can I buy tickets for all of these?!
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is this RDJ, Hemsworth and Chadwick Boseman?
Yes
That is Chris Evans, not Hemsworth. Or am I wrong.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
Sorry for the aside, but a question for the comic book nerds here. If one were to want to read the main gist of the civil war comics, would one purchase this (https://www.comixology.com/Civil-War/digital-comic/19456?ref=c2VyaWVzL3ZpZXcvZGVza3RvcC9saXN0L0NvbGxlY3RlZEVkaXRpb25z) or these (https://www.comixology.com/Civil-War-Front-Line/comics-series/859?ref=Y29taWMvdmlldy9kZXNrdG9wL2Fsc29fYm91Z2h0). They're cheap enough so was thinking of grabbing them, but honestly don't even know where to start.
That first link you posted is a collection of the main storyline. You wouldn't need anything else besides that. The Front Line comics were a series that showed what was occuring in the background, from the perspective of Ben Urich, a reporter for the Daily Bugle, who was starting up his own online paper called "Front Line". It's an interesting enough story, especially if you like smaller, more personal comics, but not really necessary to get the full story. I'd just grab the first collection you posted and if you like it and want to read more, go back and get Front Line.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
rumor has it that part of doing Groot is that Vin Diesel was going to be Black Bolt,
So Vin is going from a movie where he literally has three words of dialogue to a character who's voice is so destructive he doesn't speak.

Man, Marvel must really not want to give this guy any dialogue!

Marvel is so smart
Sex Panther
AG
So what is Thor: Ragnarok? Does this mean they'll introduce the horse guy Thor? Or the frog Thor?

Pumped for more Loki too.
R0GUE
AG
quote:
So what is Thor: Ragnarok? Does this mean they'll introduce the horse guy Thor? Or the frog Thor?

Pumped for more Loki too.
I don't think I'm spoiling too much by saying "Ragnarok" = the mythical ending of the World according to the Norse. In the myths Loki releases the World Serpent, who Thor kills, but in doing so the world is destroyed in its wake.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Pretty sure Thor: Ragnarok means the end of Hemsworth in the films. He'll most likely ascend to the throne of Asgard and as a result, cannot be slipping off to Midgard (Earth) for more adventures.

This will effectively be 'the end' for the Big Three. Hemsworth gone as Thor (possibly replaced by Beta Ray Bill), Evans gone as Cap (possibly replaced by either Falcon or Bucky) and RDJ gone as Iron Man.
MASAXET
AG
Thanks R0gue
swimmerbabe11
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is this RDJ, Hemsworth and Chadwick Boseman?
Yes
That is Chris Evans, not Hemsworth. Or am I wrong.
You are right.

They played rock paper scissors for Chadwick (Black Panther's) loyalty. Iron Man won, but Black Panther is a free spirit
cone
AG
quote:
possibly replaced by Beta Ray Bill

that would be funny
AliasMan02
AG
On the Inhumans topic, i think you'll see this handled pretty differently. I think it will be about newky created Inhumans as opposed to the likes of Black Bolt who will play only the most minor role. I think this will be largely a young team type of flick, likely headlined by Quicksilver and/or Scarlet Witch.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
The Ragnarok storyline could mean that the Big Bad in this movie would be Surtur, an enormous demon who is the mortal enemy of Odin.

IIRC, Surtur has a sword that, if lit in a special flame kept in Asgard, can destroy all worlds. It took Odin, Thor, Loki, Beta Ray Bill and a hodgepodge of Marvel heroes to stop him.

I am very much in favor of this being the storyline.
First Page Last Page
Page 9 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.