*** MARVEL CINEMATIC UNIVERSE *** [Staff message on OP]

3,510,354 Views | 27737 Replies | Last: 2 days ago by Brian Earl Spilner
Nonregdrummer09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:

Is this RDJ, Hemsworth and Chadwick Boseman?
Yes
Red Five
AG
quote:
quote:
That sound you hear right now is everyone at WB/DC going "well, f***."
This makes the DC slate look silly, but that's because we know and love most of these characters, and people have been begging for Black Panther and Captain Marvel for a long time. I think Inhumans is going to be super unique in this crazy mix of DC and Marvel films.
I wonder if the inhumans will end up playing a pretty big role in P3 and beyond as a replacement for the X-men and mutantkind.
swimmerbabe11
At this point, Marvel could reboot Mickey Mouse Club and I would be buying in.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
quote:
This makes the DC slate look silly, but that's because we know and love most of these characters, and people have been begging for Black Panther and Captain Marvel for a long time. I think Inhumans is going to be super unique in this crazy mix of DC and Marvel films.

We do? I love the Marvel Movies, but I can promise you most people have no clue who The Inhumans, Black Panther, or Captain Marvel are. I sure as hell don't.

But I'm sure they will still be awesome, because Marvel kills it.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Chadwick Boseman is either a midget or RDJ has on his super lifts today.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

We do? I love the Marvel Movies, but I can promise you most people have no clue who The Inhumans, Black Panther, or Captain Marvel are. I sure as hell don't.

But I'm sure they will still be awesome, because Marvel kills it.

By most, I mean the Avengers crew and GotG, who still make up most of the cinematic universe. You will love Black Panther, and I think Captain Marvel will be a huge, huge hit. Inhumans will be the most off-the-wall one of the list.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Holy ****, they're gonna do an Inhumans movie!?

And as far as...
quote:
If the talk of the next round of Marvel movies not wasting time with the backstory of the characters, could they go the risky route of introducing them through other films or Agents of Shield

...I hope not, only because I gave up on that show midway through season 1, and I really dont want to have to dive back into it just to keep up with the movies. Especially if the writing hasn't gotten tremendously better.

I would have to think that the average movie-goer, who isn't a diehard Marvel/comic fan, would be turned off slightly, maybe more, if they found out that they had to watch a tv show to try and keep up with the movies. And I firmly believe the majority of the Marvel movie viewers fall into this "casual fan" category who dont want to have to watch the tv show.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
Quinn
AG
What are the Inhumans?
swimmerbabe11
quote:

...I hope not, only because I gave up on that show midway through season 1, and I really dont want to have to dive back into it just to keep up with the movies. Especially if the writing hasn't gotten tremendously better.

I highly suggest going back and watching it. Its gotten damn good.
cone
AG
Black Panther is a sure fire massive hizzit

skeptical about Inhumans
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
What are the Inhumans?

Basically a Kree genetic experiment involving humans when we first broke off between Homo Sapien and Homo Erectus.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
What are the Inhumans?

Was literally about to ask this. Can someone give a quick rundown? (Wikipedia usually ends up being too confusing/cheesy-sounding for things like this.)
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I'm pretty much buying into the idea that Inhumans is tying into Agents of SHIELD already.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
What are the Inhumans?

Basically a Kree genetic experiment involving humans when we first broke off between Homo Sapien and Homo Erectus.

I literally have no idea what any of that means.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
By most, I mean the Avengers crew and GotG, who still make up most of the cinematic universe. You will love Black Panther, and I think Captain Marvel will be a huge, huge hit. Inhumans will be the most off-the-wall one of the list.

Gotcha... and I wasn't trying to be argumentative. Like I said, I love Marvel and can't wait to see all of these. No I dont have a clue what some of these are, but I trust them. I thought GotG was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard when it was announced, and definitely wasn't psyched about Ant-Man after reading up on him. Marvel has the golden touch.
FL_Ag1998
AG
quote:
quote:

I highly suggest going back and watching it. Its gotten damn good.

Maaan, you guys keep saying that, and you're about to pull me back in....
TCTTS
AG
Side note: that Captain Marvel title treatment is awesome. My favorite of the bunch. Almost makes it feel retro. Anyone care to give a quick rundown as to who, exactly, Carol Danvers is as well?
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
quote:
What are the Inhumans?

This. They used a chemical mist (I forget what it's called) of their own creation that basically messed with this early version of humans and resulted in unexpected results. Today, this off-shoot of humanity still exists in secret, and have developed a warrior society where those born in it have to decide at a certain age to be put into the mist or not. This can give them incredible powers, give them horrible, harmful powers, or even kill them. So I guess it's a mix between super heroes and the Spartans from 300.
cone
AG
quote:
I literally have no idea what any of that means.
Ronan was Kree.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
Was literally about to ask this. Can someone give a quick rundown? (Wikipedia usually ends up being too confusing/cheesy-sounding for things like this.)

From my recollection:

The Inhumans are an experiment done by Kree geneticists in order to provide an enhanced "worker society". The humans experimented on receive their abilities from something called the Terragen Mists.

Most of them are killed off except for a "royal family" who lives in a secret city in the Himalayas called Attilan. Their king, Blackagar Boltragon (Black Bolt) has a gift so destructive (the sound of his voice can break planets if he screams loud enough. Even a whisper can kill you) that he is afraid to use it.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
I would have to think that the average movie-goer, who isn't a diehard Marvel/comic fan, would be turned off slightly, maybe more, if they found out that they had to watch a tv show to try and keep up with the movies. And I firmly believe the majority of the Marvel movie viewers fall into this "casual fan" category who dont want to have to watch the tv show.

Totally agree
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I wouldn't say Agents of Shield is required to keep up with anything, it's just more depth to the MCU than the movies provide, and for that reason I really enjoy it. You have to fight through basically the first 2/3rds of Season 1 to get where the whole season is going, and after that the show is pretty dang awesome.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks for the Inhumans rundown, guys. Were the Kree the bad guys in Guardians? Is that who Lee Pace was a part of?
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
Anyone care to give a quick rundown as to who, exactly, Carol Danvers is as well?

USAF Major Carol Danvers is on a project designed to provide interstellar space travel. Her coworker, unbenownst to her, is actually the Kree Mahr-Vell, who is spying on behalf of the Kree Empire.

When her base is attacked, he shields her from a massive explosion, which ends up embuing her with some of his genetic code, allowing her to manipulate energy and fly.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
quote:

From my recollection:

The Inhumans are an experiment done by Kree geneticists in order to provide an enhanced "worker society". The humans experimented on receive their abilities from something called the Terragen Mists.

Most of them are killed off except for a "royal family" who lives in a secret city in the Himalayas called Attilan. Their king, Blackagar Boltragon (Black Bolt) has a gift so destructive (the sound of his voice can break planets if he screams loud enough. Even a whisper can kill you) that he is afraid to use it.

Better synopsis than mine, rumor has it that part of doing Groot is that Vin Diesel was going to be Black Bolt, which I'm down with.
CGSC Lobotomy
quote:
Were the Kree the bad guys in Guardians?

The Kree were not. They and Xandar were under an armistice. Ronan went against the Kree Empire, violated the truce, and attempted to destroy Xandar.

Basically, Ronan was a rogue Kree.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
quote:
Thanks for the Inhumans rundown, guys. Were the Kree the bad guys in Guardians? Is that who Lee Pace was a part of?
Or what CGSC said, haha.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Thanks for the Inhumans rundown, guys. Were the Kree the bad guys in Guardians? That Lee Pace was a part of?

They weren't all bad right? I don't think they got along necessarily, but Ronan was an extremist I believe. Pretty sure Glenn Close's character was asking them to do something about him, to which they said "We don't approve and condemn his actions, but that sounds like a you problem."
TCTTS
AG
That actually sounds pretty cool, CGSC. Could be a cool backdrop. Thanks for explaining.
Saxsoon
AG
17 and 18 look crowded with 3films. Granted cap and gotg both did well, but 3 may set fatigue in for the lesser films not avenger or gotg related.

Otherwise, holy **** holy **** holy ****. That is an amazing lineup and that sound is DC ****ting their shorts
TCTTS
AG
quote:
quote:
Thanks for the Inhumans rundown, guys. Were the Kree the bad guys in Guardians? That Lee Pace was a part of?

They weren't all bad right? I don't think they got along necessarily, but Ronan was an extremist I believe. Pretty sure Glenn Close's character was asking them to do something about him, to which they said "We don't approve and condemn his actions, but that sounds like a you problem."

Gotcha. Yeah, I remember something along those lines.
cone
AG
quote:
This can give them incredible powers, give them horrible, harmful powers, or even kill them.

Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Their king, Blackagar Boltragon (Black Bolt) has a gift so destructive (the sound of his voice can break planets if he screams loud enough. Even a whisper can kill you) that he is afraid to use it.

Well that's pretty stupid.
wangus12
AG
So basically Kree experimented on humans millions of years ago trying to create mutant super soldiers for use against the Skrull. They were successful but abandoned the projects for some reason I can't remember. These mutant humans are the inhumans and they formed their own little society and excluded themselves from society.
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 793

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.